All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Giles N PS Do you have that saying in Norway? Which starts out, "You gotta get up pretty early in the morning..." (I worried that one might throw ya)...
  3. Actually an inside joke, but when have I let that stop me? There are a few lodges, clubs, and charitable, fraternal organizations around here...the Moose, the Elks, the Eagles (Which is right across from work and I know plenty of members, They asked me to join and I will later maybe)...Anyway, other than having delivered there, I don't know anything about them. I only know the Eagles, Shriners, and have family ties to the Masonic Temple etc....They just became one of many punchlines for one of my friend's jokes...Which some days are nonstop.
  4. …oh, that one - the official Atari-Leather-Wear Belt, comes together with the Atari speakerpants, the Atari SteamPunk Gasmask and Boots. Comes of course in ‘Family Packs’
  5. Now I became really curious about this Moose Lodge - funniest ‘Inn’, ‘Tavern in Town’… or just some place out of Twin Peaks where nothing are what they seems…
  6. Not to mention that belt buckle...(For people re-using their old controllers in interesting ways)
  7. …talk about wierdness, I’ve struggled with insomnia in the past, and now it’d more settled to ‘just’ my sleeping-time be off-sync many times… (which is a small tradeoff for getting enough sleep every day). Hence my posts being - well, posted -, at so many different times during a day.
  8. Ya ever get an envelope in the mail and right there it says, FREE GIFT INSIDE?  And you think,  What could it be?  Swing for the fences, is it a Dodge Viper or a Maserati Merak (SS of course)?  Nope...An Evercade game?  Not in an envelope,  But it is something cool like a gift card that's worth something?  Can be, happened to me the other day,  but that's rare...Look it's probably a magnet for your fridge or a cloth to clean your glasses.   Course you could just open it up!  Nawww I'll wait til tomorrow...

9. Ok, took your point. Seriously no way this could be family-friendly or even legal to sell or distribute outside the Army to highly trained expert personel: (they could just have included explosives or do-it-yourself surgery kits with original ntsc 7800 console)
  10. Sounds like a pretty big swing for such an old console, but at the same time, the Intellivision was known for making pretty big swings. B-17 Bomber, Utopia, Hover Force, Microsurgeon... yeah, Sid Meier's Pirates! would be right at home on that system, alongside those complex games. (You might want to pump the brakes on a Civilization 6 port, though.)
  11. Of course not my brother! T'Was just a joke! Besides you'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to offend me!... (But here's hoping you knew all that anyway
  12. How do I breakstep or oldschool dubstep with amen/think break ting, yo? What's the typical pattern? I'm sure I'll figure it out later. As of this post I've lost a night of sleep after drinking too much Cherry Pepsi. I apologize in advance for being short with you guys. ❤️

13. …Ok-ok-ok , I lost myself to the occasion of possibilities of infinite numbers hilarious takes…on the subject… I somehow felt there were a slight aspect, or hint, of such most-unspeakeable jest in your own well-considered first response to me, during our long 6 minute correspondence on this deep and existential subject-matter. If I indeed have deeply offended all, or even just some, herein; my sincere apologies, Yours always & perpetually self-revising, Giles
  14. FYI the 50ns diff turned out to be a red herring. @OLD CS1 I remember you mentioned that particular console was already a bit icky and you would test further; did you in the end?
  15. Yes I think so. I’ll handle this unless @santosp wants to? I will make a new board design though so it’ll be more like summer. I’ll start a poll thread to capture interest and help decide on a few options.
  16. only 4 good blocks? sounds like memory then check it's support chip then it's pia in that order to check
  17. FYI I use JCLPCB and they charge $5 (New Zealand $ that is) per PCB. Minimum volume is 5.
  18. Today
  19. It's not strange, they are tuning the frequency by slight. I posted a link about load tuning a crystal, and that's what this is. The frequency of the crystals are not all the same and need to be dialed in for this use. You can verify the frequencies with a scope for each part number. Do it with and without the capacitor, or a different capacitor of a slightly different value and watch it change.
  20. On the topic of Atari music, I've been experimenting with what the cool kids call "krushfunk" which has a confusing origin as a form of chiptune. It came from another microgenre called sigilkore...and ngl...it does sound like what some of you lot would use for boss battles...other than synthwave and electronic remixes of classical music...and synthwave remixes of classical music. With all that said, I think Atari homebrew need some jazz standards to its repertoire of music types that can be squeezed from the TIA or POKEY.
  21. Yes and Hey SPRIGGY!!!! Good ta see you about! I bought that one too, presumably right before the price went though the stratosphere...And was very well surprised! Great Game! Gotta agree with Razzie.P - like usual! One thing I'd say about Dark Cavern is Read the Manual!* If you assume it's just blasting everything, well, there's more to it!....Killing all 4 robots on screen (before they respawn) to get an extra for example, and there's also conserving ammo and scavenging a bunch before starting your war as a strategy* *OK If you read my full comment, maybe you don't have to read the manual...I mean I pretty much covered it. Saved ya some time I hope. Wouldn't ya think I'd just say read the manual and not overexplain everything? Why is this paragraph here anyway? I mean do I always have to go and on? What's the meaning of life? And how can both asterixes** be leading to the same comment down below anyway? Shouldn't we be conserving our asterixes**? OK Stop reading now and go play DARK CAVERN already! Yeah!! and drink Beer!*** **And is Asterixes even a word? What if the plural is like octopi or something? OK, I'm way too lazy to be looking that up... ***Oh NO! There's no 3 asterixes** Really nobody has time for this BS...It's OK no one will see it anyway way down here...
  22. Krzysztof, if you'd like I am at disposal for Italian language translation (I translated Laura).
  23. My latest Genesis pickup, T2 the Arcade Game, now I have both 16 bit versions of it. This one's wacky, almost every digitized sprite is replaced with redrawn sprites, save for John Connor's on the truck level. Had kind of been wanting this one, since it was still dirt cheap, but starting to run out of dirt cheap pickups for this console.
  24. A little Daiku no Gen-san, aka Hammerin Harry. I can't for some reason beat the first level, yet got through the first 3 levels of the first Game Boy game without having to continue. That was one FC purchase, another is Taito's Kyukyoku Harakiri Stadium III, a baseball game. I could make contact with the ball in the first inning, come inning two, all of a sudden the pitching got so fast, I could no longer make contact with the ball. A couple other baseball games I got, for SFC, the Jikkyo Power Pro games (94 and a second copy of #3), and hitting is pretty strict in those, but I think you can adjust hitting the ball, small box, tight target to hit for power, bigger box for ground balls. Some strict baseball games I bought, and an Irem platformer I have been trying to get more games of (got the SFC one years back).
  25. How about this for a potential homebrew? Karate Champ? Direction pad to move the top side button to punch and kick and the bottom side button to execute the flipping? And the graphics wouldn't be so hard to replicate either.
  1. Load more activity