All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, what's odd, is that if I add CVB in front of SPRITE_PATTERNS_DEFAULT_PL, It adds an extra CVB, the error will read CVB_CVB_SPRITE_PATTERNS_DEFAULT_PL. If I add it to the ASM label in the file, it does the same thing. If added to both, same error appears. It would be really cool to have CVBasic specific support in the Sprite Editor with an ASM save option along with a CVBasic format option. If anyone gets this to work, please share!
  3. Whatever controller you use, make sure you can reliably move RIGHT without it glitching down or up, and reliably do a diagonal move (DOWN + LEFT) and (UP + LEFT). A good way to check that your controller does this well is by loading up the Test Cart Rev. 4 and Joystick test OR the Joystick Test app buy Chris Binarystar. When you have the controller in the neutral position, you should be able to tap RIGHT and let go and never see it go up or down. Also when you check the diagonals, make sure the line touches all of the way up into the corner. Do the same test where you are neutral and then move the stick directly into the diagonal. If it doesn't reliably go fully diagonal, you will have serious trouble clearing the maze levels. Usually when it won't go fully into the corner for diagonals, what you'll find happens in game is you think you are pressing into the corner... but you are a little more LEFT and UP/DOWN is not registering at the same time... so your ship doesn't go UP/DOWN right away when you need it to. The opposite can happen as well, you end up going UP/DOWN but not LEFT so you end up crashing into the forward wall. Hahaha too funny.
  4. City Gold Colors: 50 plus src Atari8man_Pal_City_Gold.xex Atari8man_NTSC_City_Gold.xex
  5. Yes and probably, but not as well-known.
  6. Thanks for the heads up! Updated WIP: FlaschBier (A8 Port) by Arkadiusz "Larek" Lubaszka, Michal Radecki-Mikulicz (stRing) @michomis | WIP Binary (20240424) | NOTE: This is not Werner FlaschBier (1989) | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024
  7. @Ben from Plaion You guys are doing incredible work. Just got my 2600+ and loving it, as well as various other systems you produce (I just reviewed The400 Mini for a retro mag here in New Zealand). As for the 2600+, are you planning to do similar things with other consoles? A Sega Master System perhaps? Hehe. I actually quit collecting because of prices but this has got me back into it - I'm just going to buy the new releases from Plaion. Cheers!
  8. Okay, it's time for me to upload my contest entry. Pensate A turn-based strategy game for 1 player. Walk across a chessboard without colliding with other objects. No peripherals or additional cartridge features are used: ECS, Intellivoice, JLP, or any Tutorvision hardware features such as extra RAM, extra GRAM, or REx. However, the game autodetects which GROM you're using, so the arrows are consistent in shape. See the illustrations below. Instructions: The only controls are: up, down, left, right, and any action button (hereafter referred to as "the button"). At the start of each level, enemies randomly populate onto the chessboard. There are 5 enemies on the first level. No more than one enemy will appear in the bottom row. Move left/right to select your starting position in the bottom row, and press the button to begin play. Move up/down/left/right to an adjacent space on the chessboard. Every time you move, each enemy will also move, one at a time. A legend on the left side of the screen illustrates how each enemy moves according to your move. Enemies can wrap around the chessboard (but you cannot), but if an enemy tries to move into a space occupied by another enemy, it will return to its original position. If you move into an enemy, or an enemy moves into you, the game is over. Press the button to start a new game. If you reach the top row of the chessboard, you earn points. The number of points earned is based on your number of moves and time taken to make moves. Press the button to start the next level. With each subsequent level, one additional enemy comes into play. Start again from anywhere within the bottom row. You win if you complete 10 levels. Notes: This was originally a Commodore 64 game, written in 1983 by Penguin Software. I originally played the Windows 3.1 port, and based the legend on the table in the Windows Help file. With my port, I added a chessboard theme and put in some pretty harp arpeggiations for music. There is still about 1K of addressable ROM space available. I might post another version to add a nice endgame tune. pensate.bin pensate.cfg
  9. Don't know much about Sega and adapters but you have to be mindful of the voltage pin(s) as different on the Atari, so things can get fried. There are existing threads on the subject if I recall. Personally I'd recommend the established SNACK adapter, which allows snes controllers to be used. See the link in my signature.
  10. I flashed my plus cart with 2.3.18 and it works well with the non-elf banking schemes. The elf based ones are coming back with an error. I think it may download a little different than the other schemes and could require a similar workaround too?
  11. Totals from 4/22 and 4/23: PC Modern 1) Bang Bang Racing - 50 minutes 2) What the Golf? - 5 minutes Android 1) Retro Bowl - 30 minutes 2) Retro Bowl College - 20 minutes 3) Snood - 10 minutes
  12. I didn't play it too long, but it is a driving game where you play as a Taxi driving from one checkpoint to the next with a time limit you are against. I believe it has other features, but I don't quite remember. I definitely need to spend a little bit more time with it.
  13. And there they are. I have no idea why they started going to spam, but they did. Dynablaster 67,470 Qomp2 67,777 Lunar Lander Beyond 67,852
  14. Welcome to the club, Bro! I can hook you up with a box of my duplicate carts if you want, cheap.
  15. Yes, the auction is over since some months, sorry. You have a Visicom dumper? Is it a system from the 80ies or a recent system made by you? Interesting to know! If by miracle I can find the CAS-190 cartridge, be sure I will send it to you to dump it!
  16. Did you check your spam filter? It should keep up to 30 days worth.
  17. Champ Games with the ARM chip wont ever run from Cart so you can mark that off your wish list
  18. Updated WIP: Sassy by Dustin Ramsey @R_Leo_1 | WIP Binary (20240419) PLAY ON JS7800 | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024
  19. Added to WIP: Plasma Blast (4K) by PremiumDays @PremiumDays | WIP Binary (20240419) | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024 Updated WIP: Berta and Butterflies (4K) Sławomir Krysztowiak @Dalton | WIP Binary (20240419) | NOTE: Part of 100 Commitów | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024
  20. Yes, I'm definitely going to pickup View Point. Looks like a Zaxxon clone, minus having to worry about altitude. 😂
  21. Is the impression misleading or has the topic and the corresponding further development of the firmware/dumpers fallen asleep? In other words: are we still a long way from... - all ChampGame releases could run? - most 3rd party joysticks could run? - special cartridges like Pitfall 2 could also run?
  22. Basically, Harmony Encore is an expanded version of the original Harmony Cart that can support larger games. Many moons ago, I bought a Harmony Cart versus the Harmony Encore Cart to save the $20. And so far, it's worked out nicely as there are very few projects that need the Encore.
  1. Load more activity