All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The PlusCart you updated is in the beta tester group. You should see an update option in the menu to "v2.3.20". Can you try if it works. Which ELF files did you tested?
  3. Thanks for the reply! I honestly have never seen those movies. Are they any good?
  4. Have you tried the Wayback Machine? My company -- founder and part owner -- just celebrated 25 years in business. Marketing wanted some stuff from years past to build a presentation. I sent the link to the Wayback Machine. There were snapshots of our website back to 2000.
  5. Just noticed your message about this, as I been reviewing all the pages as recently @RickyDean mailed me one of his extra boards. I been making up a list of parts I need to order from mouser canada and amazon, and I was wondering if you built yours yet or did you grab a extra board from Ricky as well? Let me know, as I located in Scarberia that place to East of Toronto, maybe we can get together as well for coffee, since I have not been in contact much with local fellow TI99'ers. Looking forward to hearing from you. Send me a PM if you wish. Take Care, and enjoy the rest of your day here in GTA at least the sun is out today, but still on the chilly side of the weather!
  6. So do you not have a standard joystick (DB9, Atari compatible)? Loads available on ebay of all shapes and sizes.
  7. Honestly, this sounds like a Retroarch problem rather than a game ROM problem. No issues here on my 2-port 5200. Having said that, it couldn't hurt to try a different copy just in case. Atarimania may be of help.
  8. Yeah, it just uses the joystick trigger register. VBI is typically used and sufficient in most cases. I think this post is the beginning talk about the last iteration of the GUI's mouse driver. GOS Mouse Driver During SIO
  9. Hey my brother got back to me about those psp videos. He was sure we had more but can't find them all. He found Hostel and Untraceable. He says Untraceable is still sealed. We must have got it from the discount bin and never opened or something. haha. Let me know if you are interested in either and I can get some pictures.
  10. Quick controls check: Is there any way to move faster? I keep getting killed on later levels where multiple balloons drop at once. Not sure if it's just bad RNG or what, but sometimes they drop from both sides at roughly the same time, which seems impossible unless I'm doing something wrong.
  11. Sure, but I've no controllers at all that work on it atm bc of the dongle issue. I didn't - I'll check them out. I've not gotten to dive into the software/game side yet, sorting out the controllers and the s-video.
  12. Little update, been working hard on the last pieces- Got River Raid 2 today(already had the faux-patch), and got Pitfall 2 and the patch for it a week or so ago! Only missing Beamrider, Cosmic Commuter, and Ghostbusters CIB, plus a handful of patches-a couple here are repro's, Private Eye, Space Shuttle, but 99% is real deal.
  13. Thanks for that; it's a lot easier to get an idea of what's going on with it. My suggestions follow: 2N3904 Transistor: check orientation (i.e., the flat side is facing the correct direction) R3, R6, R11, R14: check for solder bridges, things contacting other things that they shouldn't be, that the correct resistors were removed, etc. L3: Same as for the resistors. Pay particular attention around the crystal (Y1). If still installed, make sure that nothing can contact the RF shield. Now for the part that has me biting my tongue for a number of reasons: That's just... Wow. Not having seen this mod before, it's something of a surprise to see what the kit actually consists of, how much modification of the console is necessary to make it work, and the end result of the installed product. There are about a dozen things in the general area of that transistor which could go wrong, and it doesn't seem like there's a single point of failure than can be definitively pointed at. Hate to sound like a broken record, but go back and check everything for solder bridges, miswiring, shorts, etc. At the end of the day, it'll work - but that's a pretty prehistoric way of doing it. I'm not criticising you for going with this mod, but you may want to consider returning the machine to stock and installing a UAV. Should you end up doing this, the version with @-^CrossBow^-'s mount board is strongly recommended.
  14. So far I have not seen or have missed any messages wanting me to take to Europe or bring back to USA equipment/parts to be used with the 99/4A, Geneve, or other. Not going to worry about it, but the offer stands.
  15. Iirc it runs on a standard joystick as well on 128k machines, but you'd have only fire and movement with your standard joystick. I also assume you know about the two Doom engines on A8?
  16. That's wild, just if I had a joystick to play it with...
  17. Bruce Harrison wrote some short stories that were on his web site at one time. Are these available anywhere?
  18. I purchased Morley way back in the 80's. Then upon resurrecting my interest in the TI in 2020, and forgetting that I already owned a copy, I got another. (It always amused me that only two of the "instructions" spelled in blocks on the cover are actually 9900 assembly instructions.)
  19. Plus VBXE Popeye, Gacek, Heartlight, Commando, Quadrillion, etc
  20. "Storm" should be in the list: https://www.atariteca.net.pe/2021/10/storm-para-computadoras-atari-8-bits.html
  21. Indeed. That particular demo is from Globe a few years back. Would be great to see it as that basis of a game, which may well be the case...who knows. (Globe also bought us the excellent fully fledged FPS game Final Assault) BTW here is the aforementioned 128k ray casting engine in motion, where this video doesn't show the run mode, which is fast and just shows you what the A8 is capable of in terms of 3d.
  22. Interesting... I haven't had a 1000HX in some time, but I used it with a Commodore 1080 monitor and never experienced this issue. Worked fine for me, but then again that was a Toshiba monitor instead of a Philips or Daewoo like the 1084.
  23. I was wondering if this works yet: I asked @tebe about the ability to generate multiple RELOC blocks in the same source file more than ten years ago, so I figured it might not be too soon to bring it up again. Although the instructions appear to cleam it's (now) possible to have multiple RELOC blocks, I'm unable to get this to work since it keeps throwing out compiler errors ('ORG in reloc block', etc). To be clear, what I was hoping to accomplish is exactly what's already supported by the SDX relocatable format (multiple reloc blocks of different types with inter-block references included in the fix-up table) but without the annoying limitations of said SDX relocatable format (eight character label names, no lo/hi fixups, etc). For clarity, perhaps an example will help: blk absolute $3000 ; loads at arbitary address, and is jettisoned after use Init jsr something rts blk reloc main ; loader relocates this block down to MEMLO in base memory DriverStart ; do stuff blk reloc ext ; loader relocates this block into extended memory (if available) ExtCode ; do more stuff blk update address ; produce fixup table I realise the relocatable format was ostensibly designed for use with the MADS linker, but I wrote the relocating, linking loader more than a decade ago and the MADS proprietary format is otherwise perfectly usable, aside from the inability to produce a compound file which can be efficiently relocated into main and extended memory as required.
  24. Welcome to the dark side little man. That's the thing about Atari, especially 2600, most games are pick up and play. Kind of reminds me of modern cellphone stuff, there's a reason its popular.
  1. Load more activity