All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Interesting: "Infogrames' purpose is to acquire IP and publish games, across multiple genres, that fall outside the core portfolio of IP associated with the Atari brand."
  3. Here are some screenshots from Altirra of the VBXE executable artwork images for a few games (there are many more on the website). AlleyCat-VBXE-PLANSZA.xex commando-VBXE-PLANSZA.xex DonkeyKongJunior-VBXE-PLANSZA.xex
  4. Ok, there is an official announcement: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2024/04/23/2867337/0/en/Atari-Revives-Infogrames-as-a-Publishing-Label.html
  5. This is a cause for celebration and I think I have the perfect song to celebrate the occasion.
  6. Another totally unexpected announcement by Wade Rosen's Atari, this was a welcome surprise for me since I've always had a fondness for the great armadillo and it's contributions to gaming culture and history. https://twitter.com/atari/status/1782653150119252477?t=TaHk1wZ-N92Sd4rpPMhxwQ&s=19
  7. I wasn't saying your judgement about it not being tinkered with was wrong. I was just asking why you thought it hadn't been tinkered with. Contrary to thinking you were wrong, I presumed you were correct, given the preponderance of evidence that I dug up before I gave my response. Yes, I corrected the error and reposted the image and spreadsheet.
  8. That's correct. I tried to stay as close to the implementation of turtlegraphics in Apple Pascal for Apple ][ as I could, to make it as easy as possible to run programs originally designed for that computer. It wasn't possible to match it completely, since the Apple has a different way of handling colors than the TI. Not the same video processor.
  9. Or in the PlusCart menu "Setup -> System Info". If your PlusCart is connect to the internet and the server API is working correctly!
  10. The turtlegraphics unit is in a "proof of concept" phase, and has been like that for 35+ years. There are some functions in the different write modes that don't work and some other stuff that's not implemented. But if you include uses support and then set the screen color the normal way, I think that's compatible with the turtlegraphics unit too, since it only changes a VDP register. Update: I checked in one of my test programs. It does uses support and then starts with this sequence. (* Gives a darker background *) set_scr_color(ord(black),ord(red2)); grafmode; The color change is done prior to entering bitmap mode. Not sure what happens if you do it with bitmap mode active. But the default background color for screen items is transparent, so the backdrop should be visible.
  11. Just break out your x-ray machine next time. 😄
  12. Is WHTECH down for some reason? I could access it yesterday, but not sine this morning (South African Time)
  13. Today
  14. Were these always just scans of the game boxes? It's definitely cool how well they've preserved the boxart front + back, they look far clearer than anything printed on cardboard could be. I'm just curious if they ever featured unique art (besides the added borders and such, of course).
  15. LTA3083, 1981 ROM non-QI... Same keyboard as my NTSC console, the "higher spacebar" keyboard Works really well too. Like my NTSC console, the TI COMPUTER 99/4A metal sticker isn't peeling up on this one I also received a PHA2036 and a PHA2030 PAL Encoders - these tests were done with the UHF Channel 36 adaptor - it gives a nice picture. The '2030 VHF Channel 4 unit was awful, but I had prepared some RCA receptacles, BC548 transistor & resistors/caps to do the composite output mod on one of these. So I picked that one for the job... UHF-36 adaptor: Converted VHF-4 adaptor: The still picture here doesn't look bad, and it's got the thing working well enough and is sharper, but there's a few things wrong - given how bad it was, this is still an excellent mod, but I'm wondering if I've done something wrong? Maybe @ti99iuc can advise? There's constantly moving colour shadowing (interference maybe) you can see it when zoomed in on the photo, but it's pretty noticeable due to the constant change. The colours are slightly different, seems a bit lighter, red has lost its vibrance. The left margin is eating into one or two pixels - mostly noticeable on text screens that use all columns. But yeah, pretty cool all these things still work after so long and I'm happy with the composite mod in any case. The unmodified '2030 was really the only thing which has any issue
  16. I'll be getting Neo drift-out. £30 as apposed the the original which is £100's!
  17. We learned that aluminum oxidizes the moment it is exposed to air so you'd probably have to anodize it. Now try to find a picture AI that is able to visualize an "Atari 800 computer in clear acrylic case with anodized aluminum shielding"
  18. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Star cosplayer Enako and Aki, a model, will be cosplaying as characters from FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves on April 28! #FatalFury #CotW #Enako 10:03 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony...
  19. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Snap a photo and post to X with the hashtag #CotW for a free FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves clear folder! * Gifts will only be given out once per person. * Stock is limited. * Show your uploaded post at booth reception. #FatalFury #CotW 10:04 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony..
  20. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Free FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves tote bag for demo questionnaire respondents! * Gifts will only be given out once per person. * Show your completed questionnaire screen at booth reception. #FatalFury #CotW 10:02 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony..
  21. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] First public playable demo for FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves! Go full throttle with the all-new REV System! * Limit 25 min of playtime per person. * Please note that on busy days you may not get a chance to play. #FatalFury #CotW 10:00 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony...
  22. The tablet is a good idea. Sadly I lost the one I had in 80's. I'll look to add it.
  23. Awesome Dopy, gld that the game we share on here for you and others to see are to your liking bro. Thank you for sharing the pic too. Looks like a great piece of cable you posting. Can't go wrong at less than $15 bucks. I like it. Anthony..
  24. When I bought my new printer recently, I make sure it was offline one, no wifi, no Internet needed, just plain old USB. I had a hard time paying for it, the store clerk kept trying to upsell me on their better model with all the wifi internet mobile phone features.
  1. Load more activity