All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Did you check your spam filter? It should keep up to 30 days worth.
  3. Champ Games with the ARM chip wont ever run from Cart so you can mark that off your wish list
  4. Updated WIP: Sassy by Dustin Ramsey @R_Leo_1 | WIP Binary (20240419) PLAY ON JS7800 | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024
  5. Added to WIP: Plasma Blast (4K) by PremiumDays @PremiumDays | WIP Binary (20240419) | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024 Updated WIP: Berta and Butterflies (4K) Sławomir Krysztowiak @Dalton | WIP Binary (20240419) | NOTE: Part of 100 Commitów | Listing Updated: Apr 24, 2024
  6. Yes, I'm definitely going to pickup View Point. Looks like a Zaxxon clone, minus having to worry about altitude. 😂
  7. Is the impression misleading or has the topic and the corresponding further development of the firmware/dumpers fallen asleep? In other words: are we still a long way from... - all ChampGame releases could run? - most 3rd party joysticks could run? - special cartridges like Pitfall 2 could also run?
  8. Basically, Harmony Encore is an expanded version of the original Harmony Cart that can support larger games. Many moons ago, I bought a Harmony Cart versus the Harmony Encore Cart to save the $20. And so far, it's worked out nicely as there are very few projects that need the Encore.
  9. Bought this bundle days ago and today it came in and I eventually got it all working on my VIZIO Smart TV. It’s a milestone because it’s my next old console and my next Atari one. This is the 80s Darth Vader model that makes sense and contrasts with my woodgrain modern VCS. The visuals look like a grainy videotape having come from the 80s. I look forward to collecting more games and peripherals for it too.
  10. Could be worse. Japanese students have four alphabets to learn. Hiragana, katakana, Kanji (sub-set Chinese characters) and "romanji". (our alphabet) I have read it can take up to twelve years of school for full fluency.
  11. 8-bit Pump up the Jam to celebrate the new well pump:

12. I had 3 types of Atari 1050 stations. The first ones had a different mechanism, but the front panel fits all 3 models. I checked on 3 different ones. The hole for the drive is in the same place, the lower frame differs in thickness by 1-2 mm. It doesn't make much difference.
  13. Is the Harmony Encore the same as the Harmony Cartridge but with support for larger games ? Does it have that ARM Processor in it like the Harmony Cartridge that supports advance features like enhanced music? Why would one want to buy the Harmony Cartridge over the Harmony Encore when the price difference is only 20 bucks? Isn't the Harmony Encore more future proof than the Harmony Cartridge ? Thanks
  14. Rustproofing. Rustproofing is the answer....
  15. @TZJB @Beeblebrox wonder if either of you could help w/a question about adapting sega joysticks to atari, or should I just open a specific thread? (I've read the many I could find about it, but can't get the 8bitdo retro BT dongle + (x 2) 8bitdo nor an Switch Pro controller(s) to work; they pair, but no stick nor button presses register. I'll post some picks of my adapter (for the dongle) and explain more if this is something you're interested in troubleshooting w/me. Thanks
  16. Turns out there is a style of fonts called "Small Caps" https://www.fontsc.com/font/tag/small-caps I have a book about the interurban railroad running from Ithaca to Auburn that uses a small caps font. That is the only time I have other seen that, other than on the TI99/4a. Actually, it seems odd to have to learn the alphabet twice, once for upper case, and once for lower case.
  17. From the look of it the switch was controlling a 16mhz booster that has probably been removed. Check https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=3825 It needs shifter pin 39 and supports a wire for gnd/vcc switching 8mhz/16mhz … so pink and yellow wires would have been soldered to the booster board, in your case the modder even added the led to show which speed was on. Given I don’t see the booster anymore you can just isolate the exposed wires end with electric tape and leave them be in case few years down the road you want to add a booster back in, or remove switch/led and wires to clean it up (but you will have holes in the back).
  18. Speaking only for myself, I expect to eventually die and I want my estate to realise as much money as possible from the sale of my assets. If grading games serves that purpose then so be it. (I have no family who will want to inherit my collection, and not enough years remaining to change that.)
  19. The music should fix itself once you make it to a new world. Alternatively, a quick and easy way to get the music back when using save states, is to hold down the select button and force the timer to expire. After you die, the current screen will restart with the correct music.
  20. Today
  21. That's tough. Game stuff is everywhere in the cities. I was really overwhelmed while I was there. If we did not have a local guide, I would have gotten lost in Kyoto or Tokyo, never to be seen again.
  22. What about 41256 ? Unfortunately, I must agree with you 😕 I found this post (and a topic) that deals with the same problem:
  23. The thing is that the Sid file should be using not many fancy SID features and located best in 1000-1fff memory. Not sure if Martin used that area.
  1. Load more activity