All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry we keep raining on your parade, but those are already trivial to fix. I've fixed about 5. The laser transports are not the rare part, as noted above. The same transport mechanism was used in a ton of other products, so generic freshly made replacements are plentiful. http://jaguar.linkovitch.me.uk.s3.mytilde.co.uk/cdrepair/ https://www.theinnocuous.com/jaguar/jagcd_suppl/ For reference, you do need to be able to solder, but just barely. Before performing these repairs, I'd soldered exactly twice before, and it was still easy.
  3. Yes. I had an evercade driver installed and had to right click on the driver, select update and navigate to the driver exe. Everything was fine then.
  4. I think it's only revived as a label, so nowhere. Captain Blood doesn't belong to Infogrames. Actually I even thought you were mistaken but Infogrames did indeed publish it in some countries. But it's from ERE Informatique. To me, on top of Alone in the Dark of course (which they don't own anymore), the best Infogrames-published games are Hostages and North & South. The latter got several remakes that all sucked unfortunately.
  5. As said above, not all STs support composite out. I was caught out by the same issue. I have a ST monitor to out to composite cable that works fine on my 1040STE. I picked up a Mega ST and thought it was faulty as I only got a black screen with the same composite cable. It turns out the Mega ST only outputs RGB and mono signals through the monitor port. There is no composite line on some of the older STs.
  6. it is in fact! thanks for the info!! bit obscure that i wish that someone would patch the Rom so that this is the default setting
  7. Update: Neptune's Daughters just arrived from Cardiff, UK. The seller was a great guy, and also included a free game of my choice that he let me choose from a list (I chose Mr. Dig). He also offered me some interesting info. Since at the time I was wondering if it came in a cardboard box, I asked if he had the game since it was new, and this is what he said: He also included the empty case. Was Dan Strikes Back originally in that plain case? If they were packaged as a double game, what kind of packaging held them together? This is quite interesting, and I will be sending him another message. Anyway, here's the pics:
  8. Many thanks as usual for making all the manuals available and in good quality as well.
  9. Thank you. Well, you might be disappointed. It may well be good enough for things TI-99/4A, but LCGs are, generally, not considered good PRNGs, anymore. Here is a comment made by the authors (W. H. Press, S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling, B. P. Flannery) of Numerical Recipes: The Art of Scientific Computing, 3rd Edition, 2007, in Chapter 7, “Random Numbers”: With hindsight, it seems clear that the whole field of random number generation was mesmerized, for far too long, by the simple recurrence equation Ij+1 = aIj + c (mod m) (7.1.1) You can read the entire chapter (or book, for that matter) at the Numerical Recipes website. The above-referenced chapter as well as Chapter 3, “Random Numbers” in D. E. Knuth’s The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 2: Seminumerical Algorithms, 3rd Edition, 1998, are very good, comprehensive discussions and references on the subject. There are, certainly, tests for assessing the quality of PRNGs, but, again, my primary mission in this thread is to explain the XB PRNG. ...lee
  10. I'm a bit late with this I know, but I've added the u89 and u189 manuals to my Texas page: https://www.blunham.com/Misc/Texas/ Colin.
  11. Absolutely sweet! On my NTSC 800XL (viewed on RetroTink5) the last line of the picture is cut, see the photo. This is due to this VBXE hardware bug that we discussed with @phaeron a while back: and also in the Popeye thread. Bottom line: compared to Altirra that does this by the book / official spec, the real VBXE displays everything one scanline too late. In Popeye, I implemented a key to add/remove this extra line to be able to make it work correct both in the emulator and on the hardware. I think Avery even implemented the fix in Altirra, but it is yet to be activated (he needs more confirmation / confidence that the bug is consistent). Unless you are taking the whole 240 scanlines of the VBXE overlay, you can simply start one line early, first detecting that you in fact deal with an NTSC installation.
  12. This product isn’t tageted at people who aren’t already capable of reading a single page of instructions. Shit, every original Atari 2600 game came with a multi page manual of instructions. doing this update is less complicated than playing Raiders of the Lost Ark
  13. It does not boot from SD, that would be ideal. But custom firmware was made by @Brad_from_the_80s to bring the main data directory out to the SD card to allow some manipulation to what is presented in the GUI with the sqlite database used by the main built-in GSP interface app. Prior to that a firmware patch by @fluxit was established so that we can manipulate how the games are executed by allowing a runme script to be called, a feature additionally included by Brad's customization as referenced in the beginning of this thread. You may find one or more of these posts relevant, or perhaps not, otherwise, someone else would be better equipped to explain from the hardware perspective: post 1 post 2 post 3 post 4
  14. I saved myself a bit of money to get my official 3rd NEO-GEO CD game. I had a £70 budget. I was torn between Battle flip shot by pixelheart and Ninja Combat which I have a 'burned' copy of. Decided to go with Ninja Combat. Used my budget up, worth it thou. Love my beat 'em ups! Hopefully arriving this week...
  15. Yeah, more arcade-like doesn't necessarily always mean easier, or even more fun, for that matter. I was messing around to hack the airplane into something that looks a little more like the arcade (never liked how Atari rendered it on the 8-bit computers). Nothing difficult, but I think I just need to locate the playfield graphic of it (for when it gets shot); I already hacked the player-missile graphic graphic of it in the game.
  16. I've seen him get 600,000 I'm a little skeptical about 800,000 LOL
  17. Is it possible to reinitialize HSC (to change the name)?
  18. yes, I read your blog last Saturday, as well, as this whole topic about "random" started during last zoom call thingy, and got into it for a bit. But it is good to see how it all works out, looking forward to Lee updating his first post with more info. I used similar RND code in my "3d string art" program I released the other day, which is similar to the math in Tombstone City as well, with the fixed integer math values. http://www.adamantyr.com/blog/index.php/2018/08/30/random-thoughts/
  19. Crazy what people will do to get what they want.
  20. Any idea if these are both the Dos version? Looking to pick up a CD so I can try out the CD soundtrack w/ SFX. I think the top one is the original Atari release, while the bottom one is a re-publication after Atari was merged into JTS? I heard there is a windows version as well, so I think I want to avoid that as my PC won't be able to run it.
  21. try the card without any batteries, you don't need the batteries in it to test the card
  1. Load more activity