All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For the EXP, sure. I don't see how the VS is cheaper though. It's now €109 while the OG similar SKU (one cart and one controller) was €99.
  3. Update, there is now only 1 left This is the last chance, don't let it pass you by.
  4. I thought this was an amusing story: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/raiders-lost-ark-1982-atari-2600-bill-young-k6nmc/ I never heard about an unsolvable Raiders bug (and I kind of doubt it's existence), but thought I'd share. (Note: I tried the search functionality and didn't see this article anywhere, so please redirect me if this was already posted somewhere)
  5. Why open a new thread anytime there is an update? Just an Observation hehe 😅
  6. Yes I agree, and I have several of these much cheaper alternatives laying around my house just for this use. However I'm intrigued by the LumaCode product and will be investing in at least one to test it out. If it works well, then I'll buy a few more of the GTIAdizer part only at I believe $35 a pop and use the single decoder on a single HDTV. This should be pretty economical when used on multiple computers who share a common monitor. LumaCode only requires an RCA jack to feed out the signal, so the unneeded RF modulator's jack is used for that (no additional holes). I used Luma for the XEP80 output, and then gave the user the choice of either Composite or S-Video (Luma/Chroma). Of course the separate Luma/Chroma was the way to go if at all possible, yielding a much better image over the HDMI output.
  7. This sounds like a real neat project, I would love something like this for my 2600 Jr, I have not been able to find an intact top shell for it and the only thing missing on mine is the badge. I hope this project does come to fruition and can also be made for other systems too.
  8. Some comments on the SIO2PC device and RespeQt. There's quite a bit more to it than what was presented; although, I guess your main focus was just on how each device could be used to load games. However, even in that regard, one notable point is that if one tends to keep the most complete version of their game collection on the PC, then those files are always readily available with SIO2PC, without having to connect an SD to the PC, copy files, and then move the SD back to whatever device (SDrive Max, Side3, etc.) is being used. Also, if you download some file from the internet, it's immediately available for loading over SIO2PC without any extra steps. Admittedly, moving files onto an SD isn't difficult, but it's another step in the process before running software. However, these extra steps can quickly become more important when doing something like cross-platform development. With an SIO2PC, the files you're working with are instantly available for testing on your Atari, which makes the cycle of coding, testing, debugging, coding, etc., easier. Also, the SIO2PC's ability to treat any folder on your PC as a disk drive (something not mentioned in the video) can be invaluable here for development that doesn't always involve running an executable file alone (TBXL, BASIC, or use of data files, etc., for development). Instead of needing to put development files on an ATR first, they can just be saved to a folder for access. In my case, this folder is the same one I use for the "H:" device in Altirra. So, I can easily test development files in Altirra or real hardware without any additional effort/steps. In most cases, development involves testing in Altirra most often; but when real hardware is needed, the files are accessible as easily as they are in Altirra using the method I'm describing.
  9. Just double checking as I haven't gotten an update e-mail since December, but also have not received my order... Did the April e-mail go out?
  10. @foft that BGA chip scares me How do you know when all the points are soldered? Be next to impossible to do a visual inspection.
  11. Brandi Rhodes - 49 colours. I was not seeing any visible changes at this point - I rarely ever go above 2 billion iterations. My CPU did manage to hit 78C towards the end of the conversion. The water cooler is doing its job still, as 2 minutes after shutting the conversion down, it had dropped to 55C, and a minute after that it's down to 51C. Stephen_BrandiRhodes.xex
  12. Has anyone ever made a custom SAC that actually included a spinner ??
  13. Actually, now that I see your criteria, our mini bosses are mostly not story-blocking (criterion "C") but the four final bosses and a few mini bosses are. (the Grue in the caves by Mt Peshon, for example.) They're all life-or-death though (RUN AWAY is blocked) and are tougher than the non-boss version of the same creature (if there is such a thing). So yeah 😅 Thanks for adding us!
  14. I had some fun in getting that over to A8. As it contains C64 code running on A8 I did not pay much attention if it overwrites some memory which loaders etc are based... thinking of $0400 where the screen ram is located or $0801... where the C64 code is layed out. ... Plazmoid Atari 800 Interpretation Original C64 Version by Hokuto Force Atari version by Heaven This version runs C64 code in sandbox SID2POKEY by Saint/Zelax SID tune by DRAX Idea was born after Revision 2024 as I really like the C64 original by viti!! Heaven^Desire 2024 plazmoid_1kb_a8.zip
  15. I bet Blaze is wishing they had put numbers on the boxes for the consoles too. Think of how many more they could move if people didn't want to break up sequencing on "the shelf".
  16. One person on the facebook vectrex group received it. They are shrink wrapped, and thankfully they busted it out of its shrink wrap deathtrap!
  17. The CONT1.UP is only meant to return a non-zero value if the joystick direction is upwards. However, this is meant to allow the generation of the smallest possible code, as CVBasic only applies an AND instruction to the controller port value, also the AND logical operator is bitwise. So if you need to test for two directions, you need to do this: IF CONT1.UP <> 0 AND CONT1.LEFT <> 0 THEN ' Upper-left I've made an example. TEST12.BAS
  18. You will need Atari Paddles plugged into the Player 1 DB9 Port on the Atari2600 Plus for it to unhide the games. I put the Atari2600 Plus into Dumper Mode because it acts like a joystick(THEGamepad) while its in that mode, plug its USB-C cable in port 1 or 2 in THE400 Mini, then put Color on B/W and press and hold down Reset and Power switch to On and hold for a few seconds, then turn on THE400 Mini and it should see the joystick, I tested it with Navy Wavy and its Atari Joystick works fine... So I thought what would happen if I put in a pair of Paddles into it and would the hidden game appear and... they did... but I tried Super Breakout and I press the Paddles button but its stuck on Player 1 up, it makes it flicker, but this is something...:) but you can use the Atari joystick to play it too.. and you can use real joystick with THE400 Mini now so use a properly Atari Joystick with it if you like.... :), it kind of cool... and if you do not like the CXSTICK you can now use the one that came with the Atari2600 Plus or its new Gamepad or a different DB9 joystick... My paddles I am using are from the Atari Flashback so maybe why they are not working, have to find the original Atari Paddles now, I have them somewhere do not know where at the moment. You will need a power supply 5v 3a because that what I am using, I tried it on 5v 1a and it HDMI signal flicker in and out. Well they would work together because they are both built by PLAION...
  19. I tried to get a reasonable score with the emulator yesterday, and could not remember how to change the keyboard controls so that I could make the WASD keys the joystick and HJKL keys the buttons. So I started playing around with trying to use a bluetooth gamepad as the input, and found that it wouldn't map the D-pad on my 8BitDo controllers by default, but would only map the analog left stick. My second issue then was that the 8BitDo left stick wasn't fully going into the corner when pushing the stick diagonally, and this was causing the maze level to be completely unplayable. My work around was to download a free joypad to key mapper app for Mac called Enjoyable v1.2, and use that to map the left stick to the arrow keys, and buttons to ASDF... then play with keyboard controls. That worked, but every time I pressed button 4, or the F key... it was toggling fullscreen for some reason. Luckily Scramble duplicates the BOMB / FIRE buttons on 1 and 2 as well, so I mapped by joypad buttons to be 1 and 2 only or A and S. No more fullscreen issues. Despite this, my best score with the emulator was only like 35k or so. Still fun, but I think to get the really high scores you need a bit more control.
  20. Today
  21. Sounds like your "art to it" was the same as mine. Toss that original shit out the window and install BLW. 😁 I've tried replacements, boiling, cleaning, bending, etc, and nothing really seemed as much like a proper fix the way BLW did.
  22. FYI - Just now playing with my A400 -mini but I have found that the PS1 Classic controller from the PS 1 Mini works wonderfully with this system. Great control and it appears to have most if not all buttons mapped correctly to it rather than lacking a menu button. This is the same controller I had a lot of success with on the Atari GSP.
  23. Can you give me the death sprites? I'm ready to add those in.
  24. I know, i'm finding I'm a bit busy but I have had a few practice runs
  25. Also if you design multi-color sprites such that the pixels collide then you're going to be always triggering the collision detection VDP register effectively rendering it useless.
  26. Wow, that sucks ... But I'm glad you solved your problem.
  1. Load more activity