All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There’s an RGB video mod for the 2600. So then you have RGB out from any cart, not just the flashcart. https://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=210&rn=552&action=show_detail
  3. I used 2 different Nokia/MS PSU. One with 1A, the other with 1.5A. Both worked fine.
  4. I haven’t yet played the above games this week, but I’m also surprised at how much I’m enjoying Red Sea Crossing. Reminds me a bit of Smurf: Rescue.
  5. I would hang fire for now. Of course to be fair we have no idea how widespread the issue is, perhaps theyv'e sold thousands of the things and I, and a handful of others are in a tiny minority, who knows? All I know is that my confidence is lost. Grrrr.
  6. This game is incredible and quite difficult! It's going to be fun learning this one. It's such a perfect fit for the Atari VCS 800.
  7. I am glad your stick works with CCS64, it looks like you have a good one. Hopefully an updates sorts theother issues for you. As mine doesn't work correctly with the Mini 400 or Laptop I am affraid I am not so lucky.
  8. Wow, I was thinking about ordering CXSTICKS for my emulation box, but sounds like I shouldn't bother
  9. How much RAM do you have in your 800? You need a minimum of 24k. See "What systems are supported?" https://fujinet.online/what-is-fujinet/
  10. Hi All, I have trouble with the tightness of the traditional atari joystick so I found the TAC2 to be easier to move. That said I found one on ebay and it works for a few minutes then it is no longer able to move down. If i reset everything is works again for a short while. Any idea on how to troubleshoot? Or is there an updated joystick that I should invest in that is similar ? Thanks Rob
  11. Honestly the directories get cumbersome with hundreds of files in them. There's really no need for it.
  12. That's interesting, because I've had completely different experiences ... and also tested the joystick with the CCS64 emulator. Bruce Lee works for me. However, I had considerable problems with O'Riley's Mine and Hover Bovver. Here, the controls kept cutting out. The character simply stops moving. These problems do not occur on the CCS64 emulator. Mind you, with the SAME joystick! Since MULE also has some graphics errors and some ROMs loaded via USB zoom the screen so much that you can't see everything, I would rather blame the problem on the sloppy emulation of the THE400.
  13. When you list that one line program, you will only see that line. But there is more to the program than that. All the data for the music player is included in that program - you just cannot list it. Even though the program does not look like much, you have to add the lines to it. OLD DSK1.PROGRAM or RUN "DSK1.PROGRAM" will just overwrite it. The CALL LOAD in line 3 is important. You can make it a different line number, but the CALL LOAD must be performed before any CALL LINK. There are a few ways to add XB lines to this program with the embedded music. Assuming your program is called TMLPROG, 1 - before you use HMLOADER, type OLD DSK1.TMLPROG. Then SAVE "DSK1.TMLPROG-M,MERGE" Then use HMLOADER to load your music files, then MERGE DSK1.TMLPROG-M 2 - Using Classic99, before you use HMLOADER, type OLD DSK1.TMLPROG. Then LIST "CLIP" This copies the program to the clipboard. You can paste this into a text editor if you want, which lets you look at it and make changes. Then use HMLOADER to load your music files, then at the top bar, choose EDIT, then PASTE XB. 3 - There are other tools such as Stevie or TIDBIT that let you program XB using a text editor. Once you have added the lines of XB code, you can edit the program normally. When you have saved the program with the embedded music files, then when you OLD DSK1... or RUN "DSK1..." the music files are part of it and will be loaded along with the XB code. It sounds like you intend to have a number of programs, with each one running another. You can embed just the desired music needed for each program. You don't need to included unused music. Whatever method you choose, the principle is always the same. First load the music files with HMLOADER, then add the XB lines to the program created by HMLOADER. I would be cautious when using RESequence with embedded code. There may be sequences of bytes that RES changes because it decides they are line numbers. If you do resequence, back up your work so you can recover the XB part of the program if necessary. As mentioned above, another option would be to use a sound list in VDP. There are some small areas of VDP ram that can be used. I will do some research to see if this can be done. I see that HMLOADER is not part of the JUWEL package. In my next release (hopefully soon) I will be sure that it is included.
  14. Are you testing the different chargers with the same or different cables? Some devices are picky about USB cables.
  15. Same developer as Donut Dodo, I'll be grabbing this one for sure!
  16. Don't know, maybe passing highscores to a PC with a comlynx to usb cable. But not for now, sorry.
  17. I've dumped two ICs with 208 games from this Dar Yar using a TL866-3G Programmer. Dar Yar.zip In total there's 14 unique ROMs but they all look like they're just hacks. I've named the unique ones in the zip, Stella names the rest already. On this Dar Yar you switch between the two ICs using the channel select switch on the back then use the game select switch to cycle between them. The second IC has a combination of 2kb and 4kb ROMs and the TV boy style menu at the start. The menu doesn't work to select games on the system at all. Both ICs were dumped in the software by selecting the MBM27C4001, lifting pins 22 & 24 then connecting pin 22-16 and 24-1. Huge thanks to @manterola for guiding me through the process, I would have given up long before without your help.
  18. Hi guys, are any of you, based in the UK, still using the titled printer or compatible.? I have 4 replacement ribbon packs that are free to a good home. 2x ribbons per box. They are essentially now old stock that I acquired from a work clear out. They were living in a cupboard for umteen years. Let me know if you are interested.
  19. A link to the developers website. https://pixel.games/cashcow/index.html
  20. Cash Cow DX is now available to purchase on the Atari VCS 800 store priced £5.99 . More information and video below 🙂 Holy cow, it’s all about the moooney! Run, jump and slide in this udderly jolly adventure to reclaim your fortunes from those sneaky Pig Pockets. Tough as nails and no continues: let's go! History Holy cow, it's all about the moooney! Embark on an udderly jolly adventure to rescue Cash Cow's riches from the grasp of those sneaky Pig Pockets and reclaim what's rightfully hers! Get ready for a blast from the past with an 80s inspired arcade experience released 40 years late... Features 5 multi-screen levels, bonus stages and secrets player speed selection: normal or turbo arcade, speedrun and marathon modes delightful chiptunes by Vincent Verger aka Tuï illustration and official merch by Pete Ellison B/W and color TV compatible (unplug antenna first) cross-platform, worldwide leaderboards
  21. As I see you still don't understand, I'll explain it quickly. The ROM format works with the type of cartridges designed by ATARI these are 8k, 16k and the standard XEGS. Now many other manufacturers made their own 8k, 16k, 32k, etc. versions. Then the CAR format was invented to be able to correctly identify each cartridge, since some of them have some particularities of their own like memory usage, buttons, etc... This rule applies to all emulation from atari800, altirra and cartridges such as AVGCart, Ultimate, etc...😉
  22. Yes, the initial start takes a while. But since the system allows for input redirection, you can write a script that does all that automatically.
  23. That is awesome! I'd love to rip my "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles" movie soundtrack and play it through the VLM
  24. Does anyone know if it is possible to use these kind of leds with build in resistor? https://www.reichelt.nl/nl/nl/groene-5mm-led-mit-voorschakelweerstand-12-volt-led-5mm-12v-gn-p54109.html?PROVID=2809&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzZmwBhD8ARIsAH4v1gWA244Iz_iE4m8Jvsh2EXkkye2Xm7a1TlIfSBygPBcCohPSr8cvcFMaAkySEALw_wcB&&r=1
  25. Today
  26. Does the Mclassic help a lot? I have a Pound cable but switched over to an Akura setup which is ok but still need an upscaler...
  1. Load more activity