All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You might as well finish it anyway, people can cannibalize for the chip if need be in the future. Probably could get a good number of them out now while you can.
  3. I guess I have been out of the loop on the development of an affordable GBC DIY build based on FPGA. Here is a review from Lon on Youtube: This looks great and it is finally an affordable FPGA device. I ended up ordering the parts from https://funnyplaying.com/ which ended up at around $83 total shippped. I can't speak for this personally until I get it so don't take this post as a recommendation. But, I will post again when I have it all together and let everyone know how I feel about it. However, looks pretty good!
  4. I know. I was joking/kidding really, but apologies if that didn't come out that way.
  5. No idea. I just know what happened with the chip shortage when I was using the AS6C8008's and they weren't available. 😞
  6. How many did we think we would need. Looks like they have them in the warehouse and a final run is coming from the foundry that is closing. Minimum orders will be implemented in time as well as a maximum order cap.
  7. Here is one of many articles on this: https://www.hackster.io/news/zilog-calls-time-on-the-venerable-z80-discontinues-the-standalone-z84c00-cpu-family-723594464754.amp
  8. Had I known they were going to EOL the Z-80, I wouldn't have wasted the time. 😞 The shame of it is that I am almost finished. Printer support needs added, utility programs need to be added, and a fixed board needs made yet. This would still take a lot of time. Today, I even added the IRQ fix with the change to the M1 line. 😞 So, all the features on the final board revision are now patched in. 😞
  9. I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining inventory sells fast. It's hard to say, really. But since they are EOL, some people may stock up.
  10. For now. 😞 I've been trying to build boards that have parts that are generally available. This would be a fail. 😞
  11. 3,791 units at one online source means things are still okay, as other also have inventory, who knows maybe a person can get some direct like we did with the Dallas Real time chips years ago.
  12. Yeah. It's an ez80....like that used on the Agon light. It's a 100 pin SMD LQFP package. The entire current board design would have to be scrapped. In addition, all I need is the CPU....not all the other stuff. Lots of features.....but it would set the project back another month or two. This is on top of the time already spent.
  13. Hi @reifsnyderb, I know this is not good news, but it does not mean the CPU will not be available by other means. Also, the CPU will live in on in a different package form. Also, the CPU is available in another form which means just a re-design.
  14. I'm pretty close to ditching my UAV modded 7800 for this system. 7800's starting show it's age, and the 2600+ support from Ben and the various Devs here on the forum have made it a blast to dig into and test the crap out of games. I got too bored with the 7800 because SD carts made it too easy. I like buying and using real carts.
  15. That’s probably due to not reading the necessary and relevant information contained in a post I wrote here 41 minutes ago, about me not having read the necessary and relevant information contained in the manual about how to play the game. If you’re still embarrassed and all that… suit yourself, it’s your life.
  16. This was mentioned on the Fujinet Discord yesterday as well. @tschak909 wrote that only the DIP version is discontinued. Perhaps he will be summoned and elaborate here.
  17. Good. Very good. Stick with CRU >1200 for any instructions you prepare for the Geneve. The loader will need to be updated to support any CRU, as noted earlier, to use other CRU bases.
  18. I'm so embarrassed for you right now. 😌
  19. I put Delta on my iPhone yesterday. Really slick. The haptic feedback is a nice touch. Ran everything a threw at if wonderfully including some n64 stuff I’ve had trouble with on my retropie.
  20. Eggsavier gold! 201 points. Normal 86 Virus 115 You might want to put your console on a table and put one finger on either side of the d pad. Using a single thumb is too slow, it seems.
  21. I looked up the specs on the 10M02 chips and found that the I7 version (10M02SCM153I7G) is the industrial version (-40° to +100° C) with a maximum speed of 450 MHz, while the C8 version (10M02SCM153C8G) is the commercial version (0° to +85° C) with a maximum speed of 402.5 MHz. Does the C8 version meet requirements? The 10M02SCM153C8G is $8.07 for single piece or $6.46 for 25 pieces (with additional breaks for higher quantities). Pricing appears to be identical between DigiKey and Mouser. Edit: Oh, it was the 10M02SCM153C8G I suggested earlier, so never mind on that. Is ADC support at the FPGA required? The 10M02 doesn't have this.
  22. Heya @Muddyfunster! We had a blast playing through Bernie and the Tower of Doom on the stream tonight! Loved the sneak preview at the end. 🙂 Found a small visual bug on Tower 3-4 when falling off the block in the screencap below where Bernie temporarily disappears. Other than that, it plays perfectly, no issues or crashes! So much fun. - James
  23. Today
  24. This is all good feedback. That's probably because at some point (maybe one build back?) I pulled it from the Legends flashback which does not have the "two-layer" section setup and didn't fix up the "goto's". That and switching out the emulator globally can be done sometime soon. Maybe it's time to add some games. There are always more good ones!
  25. I was 4 or 5, I might have read it in the manual, but I also might have not...t'was so long ago now 🧙‍♂️
  1. Load more activity