All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The Wii came out almost 20 years ago. How can they not get a motion control game right? They obviously don't understand the difference between simple and stupid. Anyone else have the feeling the game is this way because their controllers couldn't handle it? People scrambling for this should just get a Switch and Clubhouse and call it a day. Darts and Bowling on that are way better and have proper motion controls implemented.
  3. Many, many USB power adapters are crap. They either lie about the amperage completely, or they drop down the voltage too mich under the load they are supposed to handle. I run into this powering RPi's all the time. It doesn't even matter if they are name-brand or not. It means nothing.
  4. I don't know how, but if you are interested take a look at the developments of various "hacks" for the C64 mini. I think it runs the same software, the carousel and options look very similar.
  5. If you have a long usb cord to the mini, on some cheaper chargers, that 5v can go below 5v because the USB wire is too long. Any electrical wire is a bit of a resistor when pulling higher amps and can make voltage decrease if the wire is long enough. Some chargers actually compensate for this by using 5.1v.
  6. New release r5.4RC4: https://github.com/josch1710/RespeQt/releases/tag/r5.4RC4 This Release Candidate fixes a bug, where a settings value could not be read. There also was some work done on the Disk Browser feature.
  7. Can somebody owning a 400MINI create USB sticks formatted with an EXT2 and and XFS filesystem AND create symlinks on them pointing to /. Maybe the console not only mounts FAT32 sticks but also such with an official Linux filesystem. And (another) maybe it follows symlinks when browsing the external USB stick. Then we could browse and (another) maybe find a way to extract the internal filesystem.
  8. Wonder Boy. In the meantime, Master Higgins can burn......
  9. I tried >A000 and the system crashed every time. Since there is no way to tell where in upper memory an assembly program is residing, it seemed safe to avoid upper memory altogether. With all this needing to be done, particularly the invocation of the Filer and the copying of all the needed programs to the RAM disk, initial boot time must have been pretty lengthy (I'm estimating 2-3 minutes). A minor inconvenience I suppose in return for the benefits of a RAM disk. Seems to me you are best suited to make this project a reality since you've essentially done all this before. The only bit that would be different would be the windowing of the RAM access, and that's pretty straightforward to do as I've shown previously. What say you? 😁
  10. It would be fun to find out which image they have used 🤣 Let's try to find it on the internet 🤣
  11. I love Point and Click games, plenty of humor around. Started with at least on The Switch: Return to Monkey Island, it was pure fun. The on to Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry, my only real problem with the game is it's controls. More than a bit awkward, but playable. Then I hoped it's sequel Wet Dreams Dry Twice. Even though it was a legal download through Nintendo's eShop, buggy as hell.... totally unplayable. May get a physical copy. After a sidetrack to both Discworld games PS1. I started again with Sam and Max Save the World, total fun then on to Beyond Time and Space when I am done. Got a really good deal on 4 Deponia games $1.99 for all of them. Looking forward to checking them out.
  12. Today
  13. As promised, here is a direct capture of the Instrumentarium music playing on the 400 mini. I am curious to know what you think of the audio quality 🙂
  14. Just seen this topic. My first thought was this. Pacman on "one line" https://abagames.github.io/crisp-game-lib-11-games/?pakupaku
  15. Rich coming from someone who lives in England, but okay 😜
  16. Cheers for the steer, but looks like it’s a Windows-only update process, so a non-starter for me I’m afraid. Looks like a PS4 controller should work with the Mini, so I’ll be covered regardless, but if it gets arsey about loading my USB key stuff then that will be a deal-breaker.
  17. I guess there has to be at least 1 good thing about living in Scotland 🤣
  18. I fully agree . This is massive. And completely inexcusable. Only chance I see here is an immediate firmware update and an official excuse. This not only to the customers but also to the licensor. Actually a licensed M.U.L.E. "hardware" was to me the one single reason why I bought the 400-mini thing.
  19. And....just had notification its arriving by 2:30pm
  20. I've put the manufacturing info for these into svn: v2b v3 sidmax quad eliminator adaptor board http://www.64kib.com/atarixlfpga_svn/trunk/atari_800xl/atari_chips/hardware/ In the final emails I sometimes did not attach the final eagle files, so they might be slightly behind the Gerber files. e.g. there was a spur removal fix for v3. Also the schematic is missing for sidmax. I need to dig these out off my other computers...
  21. Wow... If that's really the case and withouth blowing things out of proportion, this is inexcusable. I mean, you pay the license for an iconic game and you just pick an unverified image without playing it through? There are only 25 titles, not 50. Also, is the team aware of the .atx format and the preservation efforts of some people? Feels so amateurish... This may be the reason Flip and Flop is the cart version and not the superior disk release. Could somebody check whether Boulder Dash has that prolonged "ping" sound at the very beginning of the game? I heard this in one of the reviews and this would mean it's a cracked file as well.
  22. I'd steer clear for now. I hope the one with your 400 Mini is ok. You do have the option of buying a Mayflash USB joystick adapter, that's what I use with my laptop, Stella and CX40/CX40+. Works flawlessy and is cheaper than buying the stand alone USB stick too. MAYFLASH SEGA Genesis Mega Drive Controller Adapter for Nintendo Switch & PC Windows SEGA Genesis SEGA MD Adapter MF104: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games You will need to update it to the latest firmware.
  23. According to Amazon delivery tracking my package arrived at the final station at 2am this morning. Still not gone out for delivery, expected by 10pm today. What is the actual benefit of pre-ordering from Amazon? Could've placed an order yesterday morning and have it delivered same day.
  24. According to their website, there are no deliveries in England, but they’re operating as normal in Scotland.
  25. According to the website there isn’t outside of Scotland 😁
  1. Load more activity