All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If you can get some Deoxit G5, spray it in all the openings and rotate the pot multiple times, let it sit for a couple hours - to evaporate the excess and try it out again. You can also take these apart and clean with alcohol or similar and clean the wiper and contacts inside the unit. Make sure not to remove the carbon material just lightly clean it. Hope this helps.
  3. Well, it is, actually. You have to remove the SD from the device (SIDE3, AVG, etc.), connect it to a reader on the PC, copy the file(s) from your PC's drive to the SD, and then remove the SD card from the reader (which includes making sure the SD is properly ejected from the PC) and then insert it back into the device (SIDE3, AVG, etc.).
  4. Thank you so much for making these screens! I finally got mine working after adjusting the zebra connectors and making sure all the screws were just right and cleaning the contacts. Only problem now is the paddle shows up but has no movement. Does anyone have any tricks to fix the potentiometer? Thanks!
  5. I would agree that ROM images (or even real ROM cartridges) are nice for instant loading. Although most ATR's aren't what I'd consider slow loading from an SD card. Executable files (XEX) are even quicker loading from an SD; so, the difference with them becomes less relevant. The issue of having to bypass trainers or demo-scene title screens is rather nitpicking here; but, for the vast majority of available games on the 8-bit computers, there exists clean versions that don't have trainers or demo-scene title screens to deal with. So, the issue is easily eliminated. I would imagine there are probably no more than 100 8-bit to 5200 conversions available. So, if you add those to commercial releases and homebrews, you're going to end up with around 200 games or so for the 5200. For the 8-bits, you take 450 and add homebrews, and take disk and XEX games that were converted to cartridge format at some point. I currently have 532 ROM file games in my main, sorted collection folder. A few of these are duplicate titles that use different cartridge banking schemes. So, I'd estimate a little over 520 unique titles. I still have a fair number of unsorted ROM files that haven't been added to my main collection folder; but we can just let those go, as it's apparent there's no real contest for overall number of games available, even if we just restrict things to ROM files. I still think most executables files (XEX) are quite close in load times compared with ROM files, when we're talking about loading from SD carts. Counting XEX files is a little difficult. For sure there are thousands available. Many of these are rather simple games, or bad ones; so, I'd hardly consider counting everything; more relevant here are the solid games in the library. I'd estimate the total solid games to be somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000. What I've gone through and sorted isn't enough to prove quite that many. I currently have 1,185 sorted, tested, games that I consider to be solid, or at least interesting enough to spend time playing around with; but since playing games isn't my only objective for using the 8-bit computers, I haven't spent as much time doing that as some others out there have. Fandal's Atari 8-bit computer games site lists 4,964 games. I estimate that maybe half of those are at least decent games; but I leave it to someone else to determine exactly how many would qualify here.
  6. Phoenix 2001 Recallit v2.00 Source Code Release from the O.P.A. 1991 Archive Here is another great TMS9900 assembly code release from our archives, this program was one of the first to use RAMBO memory to store a name/address database allowing for very fast sorting, searching, etc. Sadly, over the years I have lost the original manual for it that was included when TI99'ers bought the program from O.P.A. back during the '90s, if anyone has a printed copy they could scan in that would be great! Enjoy! 🥳 -=(GaryOPA)=- Original O.P.A. Project Page: https://garyopa.com/recallit/ Also available on my GitHub as well: https://github.com/gary99opa/Recallit2001 * PHOENIX 2001 RECALLIT v2.00 by Cecil Chin of O.P.A. * * 1991 Source Code Release * By Oasis Pensive Abacutors * Via Gary Bowser (GARYOPA) * Released April 16th, 2024 * Uploaded to ti99.atariage.com * NF-S -> Recallit Main Source Assemble File NF-MAIN -> Part 1/3 of Recallit Assembly Code NF-MAIO -> Part 2/3 of Recallit Assembly Code NF-MAIP -> Part 3/3 of Recallit Assembly Code NF-MAIQ -> Recallit Printing Routines NF-MAIR -> Recallit Sorting Routines NF-SUBS -> Most of the Common BL Sub-Routines NF-BLWP -> Recallit Video & DSR BLWP Routines NF-TEXT -> TEXT lines for Menus and Printer NF-DATA -> Recallit DATA, BYTES and BSS's NF-LOW -> Phoenix 2001 Logo,Chara,Title Data RECALLIT.dsk Recallit2001-Source-Files-Only.zip Recallit2001_2_00_GARYOPA_04_16_2024.zip
  7. xray machine, or in my case ... pray! I'll be back with more updates next week, no time to work on this after tonight for a few days. I ran into a fun problem though with the paddle inputs. I used LVDS inputs for the comparator and thought I could also set them to outputs to reset the paddle. Though... no luck so far. Seems like it should be possible though according to this: http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an522.pdf
  8. Yes I totally Agree, I have loads of old consoles and computers plus I collect Mini Consoles now so they are great, my first one was THEC64 Mini PAL in 2018, it got me to create PCUAE in 2020, at the time I never knew anything about Linux, only skinning Linux Mint, or how they worked, I wanted to add games to it and no one else was doing it so I did and that how PCUAE started, it was the first console I pre ordered, I have now THEA500 Mini, THEC64 Mini NTSC, THEVIC20, Capcom Home Arcade, the Atari2600 Plus(I got that because of how good the CHA was) and now THE400 Mini, and hope there is more to come... , more Mini's, no room for Full Size... I even at one point made my own THEC64, I called THEC64 Frankenstein, I made it because I could not get one at the time so built one... I could not help but see your signature about the gamecontollerdb.txt file, I did make something in PCUAE that reads the GUID of the second joystick plugged in, it would show it on the screen and then sends it to a file called `testjoys.txt` so you could make a GUID out of it for the gamecontollerdb.txt file in THEC64 so the joystick or controller would work in THEC64/THEA500 and now should work on THE400 Mini too, they all use the same SDL txt file, it here if you want to look, the post is abit old now, but it still should work in PCUAE, it has the SDL2 Gamepad Tool too in PCUAE, its under now: `PCUAE-USB-Drive\options\c64_a500_sdl_controllers`, hope it helps... look here... https://thec64community.online/thread/640/edit-game-controller-joystick-pcuae
  9. No different than taking a floppy out of, or putting one into a 1050 IMO.
  10. Week 15 Summary For the week April 8 - 14, we logged 3991 minutes of gaming, playing 70 games (of which 13 new) on a total of 25 systems. Individual Top 20 1. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS2) - 828 min. 2. Loopz (Atari Lynx) - 390 min. 3. Turmoil (Atari 2600) - 319 min. 4. Urban Strike (Genesis) - 220 min. 5. Another Code ReCollection (Switch) - 185 min. 6. Inkulnati (Xbox Series S/X) - 180 min. 7. Control (Xbox Series S/X) - 165 min. 8. Retro Bowl (Android) - 135 min. (#6) 9. Juno First (Atari 2600) - 100 min. 9. Juno First (Atari 8-bit) - 100 min. 11. Final Fight CD (Sega CD) - 90 min. 12. Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition (Intellivision) - 72 min. (#12) 13. Columns (Sega Master System) - 69 min. 14. Cash Cow DX (Atari VCS) - 60 min. 15. Star Wars Racer (Xbox Series S/X) - 54 min. 16. Bang Bang Racing (PC Modern) - 50 min. 16. Breachway (demo) (PC Modern) - 50 min. (#19) 18. Pac-Land (Atari Lynx) - 45 min. 18. World Heroes Perfect (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 45 min. 20. Retro Bowl College (Android) - 42 min. Pre-NES Top 10 1. Turmoil (Atari 2600) - 319 min. (PN#10) 2. Juno First (Atari 2600) - 100 min. 2. Juno First (Atari 8-bit) - 100 min. 4. Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition (Intellivision) - 72 min. (PN#8) 5. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 41 min. 6. Doggone It! (Atari 2600) - 25 min. 7. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 21 min. (PN#1) 8. LadyBug (Atari 2600) - 20 min. 9. River Raid (Atari 8-bit) - 18 min. 10. Alphabet Zoo (ColecoVision) - 15 min. 10. Meooow! 2 (Atari 2600) - 15 min. Systems Top 20 1. PS2 (1 game) - 828 min. (#2) 2. Atari 2600 (10 games) - 566 min. (#1) 3. Atari Lynx (2 games) - 435 min. (#10) 4. Xbox Series S/X (3 games) - 399 min. 5. Genesis (3 games) - 248 min. 6. Switch (2 games) - 200 min. 7. Android (3 games) - 187 min. (#6) 8. PC Modern (5 games) - 175 min. (#3) 9. Sega CD (2 games) - 131 min. 10. Atari 8-bit (2 games) - 118 min. (#5) 11. Sega Master System (2 games) - 109 min. (#13) 12. Apple iOS (3 games) - 82 min. (#7) 13. Neo Geo AES/MVS (3 games) - 79 min. 14. SNES (6 games) - 76 min. (#11) 14. NES/Famicom (10 games) - 76 min. (#8) 16. Atari VCS (2 games) - 75 min. 17. Intellivision (1 game) - 72 min. (#9) 18. Nintendo DS (2 games) - 20 min. 18. Handheld/Tabletop (1 game) - 20 min. 18. Game Boy Advance (1 game) - 20 min. (#12) 18. Game Boy (2 games) - 20 min. (#17) Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is new to the tracker, straight into first place. Loopz and Turmoil battle for most played Atari game, of which the latter at least takes the pre-NES title. A slight move towards newer formats in the system list again, but the top three are PS2, Atari 2600 and Atari Lynx. No new entries to the 1000, 5000, 10000 Minute Clubs.
  11. Interesting, never heard of it. Thank you for sharing Just have to say, that article is absolutely unbearable.. very painful read
  12. Added to WIP: Night Shot (4K) by Monsoon Studios / Nick Monson (Drozerix) | Video Only (20240416) No Public Binary | Listing Updated: Apr 16, 2024
  13. Dito: I spend zero time searching for a (boot)loader that could load your XEX file. You don't spend time as a programmer, why should I as a user ?
  14. I'm guessing an official update is coming before the release of the new(ish) games and accessories? 🤔
  15. Hello. We are happy to announce the new Vault... Our dream with Vault is to make Odyssey known to more and more people. I know that for many this is just an emulator, but many people reported that they had the chance to discover one or another game through the Vault... And now, our new objective is to tell the story of Odyssey through Odyssey itself, and we have received the collaboration and affection of many fans. And with great pride we invite you to discover the new version of Vault, with several new features. We hope to have an English version soon, we would like this to be ready, but there is a lot of work to be done. Discover what's new and I hope you have fun. And, remember, the new features available in the Vault can be played directly on the Videopac/Odyssey2 consoles. There is also a new game in Comandante R. Pass (only accessible via cartridge) Enjoy: https://experienciaodyssey.com.br/vault/
  16. Sure. I’ll send them tonight, when I get home.
  17. Hopefully more people play this game. This game/contest is really good. Much like the Caravan one. This one is even easier to pickup and play.
  18. Never heard of that either... think it was just happenstance he finally made it over at his friends. Before I read the article, thought his 'bug' was referred to the scoring situation - nixing an item/task on the final released version.
  19. Super Sidekicks came today. I now own two physical NEO-GEO CD games. This and Samurai Spirits 2. I don't like 'serious' sports games like Fifa, John Madden, NBA. I do like Arcade style sports games thou like this...
  20. I wonder how close the original label was to the repro when it was first printed
  21. Batman Meets The Ratcatcher #25 of 30 (Atari 2600) Limited Edition https://www.ebay.com/itm/235524430223 Kringle VS Krampus #24 of 30 (Atari 2600) Limited Edition https://www.ebay.com/itm/235524434138 BIRA BIRA: The Legend is Real #17 of 30 (Atari 2600 (Atari 2600) Limited Edition https://www.ebay.com/itm/235524447076
  22. For the EXP, sure. I don't see how the VS is cheaper though. It's now €109 while the OG similar SKU (one cart and one controller) was €99.
  23. Update, there is now only 1 left This is the last chance, don't let it pass you by.
  24. I thought this was an amusing story: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/raiders-lost-ark-1982-atari-2600-bill-young-k6nmc/ I never heard about an unsolvable Raiders bug (and I kind of doubt it's existence), but thought I'd share. (Note: I tried the search functionality and didn't see this article anywhere, so please redirect me if this was already posted somewhere)
  1. Load more activity