All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ohhh yes thats correct, also the fact for MSX computers. Hmmm could it be a bad ay chip. I might try to swap it out to check.
  3. I probably used to live in a school district where a lot of people had Saturn but none of the stores did. We had to go out of town to pick up Saturday and it was well worth it. Our main core group of three friends even got split over the whole 32x/Saturn fiasco. I got the 32x on day 1. One of my friends was saving it for the Saturn. And the other one of my friends was such a big say good night that he both bought the 32x and tried to get the Saturn on day one which I think he did. Funny thing about the 32x was that on day two, of what was the number one selling system on day one of all time to that point, the 32x, on day 2, Sega announced the Saturn was coming to the United States. At first we were under the impression that it was going to be two different localized systems 32x for the US markets and Saturn for the Japanese Market. I bought the Saturn before the "free three games pack" and before the N64 came out which I also got. The three of us even had a quasi relationship with a fairly out of town video rental store where we supplied the games for rent to a video rental store and then we just organically took them back whenever we wanted to play them when they weren't out or when the deal wad eventually done. Each of us were making an average of Saturn game a month income. We quit eventually because a couple of our games got stolen. What game we doubled up on to one of us buying individual Guardian Heroes with stolen so I made a deal. I did out of my deal with them when I found Guardian heroes for cheap in a used record store for like 10 bucks. Someone mentioned Video Game exchange earlier I'd like to thank the person who worked at Video Game Exchange in Southgate Ohio for both pointing me to one of the real first early retro stores video game connection on Memphis Road in Cleveland. I was asking for ColecoVision games and back then as soon as 1985 came I never found a Colecovision game in the wild a video game exchange Record exchange or Funcoland. The best thing he did was tell a second strategy where you can pick up precreash games real cheap: garage sales and thrift stores like Goodwill. I've been popping those tags since the '90s looking for ColecoVision games but never found one in the wild even though I found lots of other old systems in the wild. I also bought a Colecovision at that unique really old retro video game store that's been around a long time. I also bought a Eternal Champions CD that day. I became the most popular guy in the group when I bought Bomberman. Most people talk about games of GoldenEye or Mario Party but we were talking about while playing Bomberman,Guardian heroes virtual cop the near arcade perfect Capcom Fighters and another found party favorites Decathlete. Actually going through thrift stores and stuff made me find enough Saturn controllers where I could host an NHL game complete with human goalies with no computer opponents. Yes the Saturn can handle 12 players. We never actually played NHL till we got it late in the thrift store era but we could have. That was my college years. Thrift shopping for old games and bargain hunting for new games on the Saturn. And I got the one Saturn purchase on a fight game I can actually win against the guys mainly by maintaining strategic swapping of characters namely X-Men versus Street Fighter. Before I had any doubles I literally maybe have sold one or 2 games in my life. It was Wacky Worlds for the Sega Genesis. It was a creative studio that wasn't very creative. AH memories. That's basically my history with the Saturn.
  4. I feel like there was plenty I left behind. I guess if you like video games you're going to like consoles. Anyone else consider the Evercade VS? The black Founder's Edition looks pretty sharp and the way it lights up and the colors of the light bands change...Very slick! I just didn't want to leave off a classic like Genesis to pick the VS...
  5. It should. I have the PAL version which worked on V1.0 but had missing bullets. It will be fine on next coming load.
  6. I agree, 7th Gen is where "modern" started. 16:9 ratio, 720p or higher resolution, online connectivity. The 360, Wii, and PS3 don't seem "old" to me
  7. Finally the cplds arrived, replaced with the new batch and, finally it works... In the previous batch out of 10 xilinx only three worked....
  8. Would an AVG cart work fn the MMU was going bad? All the ICs are in sockets - give it to Atari to use a single whip socket .. Might as well just solder all the chips in.
  9. Congo Bongo CIB went for $587. I thought prices were dropping and I could steal this for $350 or so. nope.
  10. Remember the rc settings have a major bearing. So yuv is faster than cie, dithering slows it down. I tend to just use yuv settings.
  11. In no particular order,...(5 seems hard...I'm going for 10) Atari 7800 - Love it! Red Sharp Twin Famicom PS2 - Was one I just kept staring at after I got it (at launch!)... Analogue Super NT Sega Genesis ColecoVision - I like the way the controllers fit, not to mention the sliding door expansion panel PC Engine DUO-R Game Boy - Green (Took a very long time before I Finally got a Green one) GBA SP - So many cool colors I have and can make with new shells, buttons etc.! JVC X'Eye
  12. I can, and I have it in 16k, but I also found 32k that are supposed to be for the 5200, but the ones I have found do not actually work. I have it in cartridge form also which is a 32k rom image, so was wondering why the ones I have found don't work
  13. Ordered! Looking forward to playing.
  14. The prints I order from the factory are, in addition to 3D printing, sandblasted, smoothed and hardened, so they look like they came from an injection molding machine (original). It is not a cheap operation, but it is worth the price. It looks amazing as you can see in the photo. Indeed, when I received the finished print, the lower bevels did not fit slightly, but I solved this problem by manually adjusting it to the floppy drive and it fit every one I had, and there were about 20 of them. I can order more from the factory and fit and sell. If anyone wants, I also attach an STL file so they can print it themselves. But I printed on one of the more expensive home 3D printers and there is nothing to compare it to. The one from the factory looks like the original, and the one made at home looks terrible and unsightly. ATARI 1050 MegaSpeedy panel.stl
  15. Today
  16. Cold joints come where? May be faulty chips, that do not want to work while cold. Do what @reifsnyderb suggests first. I'd suggest redoing soldering of the BASIC chip (or replacing its socket if socketed).
  17. Why can't you just use the 16 KB ROM image?
  18. the PS2 is by far and away the console that hits me the most in the nostalgia feel feels. I have so many good memories associated with that console. almost everyone had one of these things propped up next to a TV in their bedroom, either horizontal or vertical. It was the machine that played DVDs and hundreds of different games from 2 generations of consoles. I can't imagine the void in my life / our lives if this machine hasn't been there from 2000 to around 2008 or so. that decade was defined by the PS2's presence
  19. Went a little loopy this week. Apple iOS: Galaxy Mix - 38 min Suika Game - 21 min Atari Lynx: Loopz - 390 min Came in #2. Number 1 scored over 100000. Pac-Land - 45 min Atari VCS: Avian Knights - 15 min Cash Cow DX - 60 min LCD Handheld: Radio Shack Blast Off Pinball (original/V1) - 20 min Nintendo 64: Pilotwings 64 - 15 min Nintendo Super Nintendo Enterrainment System: Amazing Hebereke - 10 min Nintendo Switch: Another Code ReCollection - 185 min Finished Two Memories. F-Zero 99 - 15 min
  20. Lol my fastest device is a teen or almost a teen years old...
  1. Load more activity