All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would avoid WATA at all costs. They are dishonest, unprofessional and are ruining our hobby.
  3. 40 caps in an hour is impressive to say the least. My skill level is definitely going to add time to that project. I will have a look at console5 and make sure I have all the necessary caps before I crack the system open.
  4. Mr. Beefy can rest easy now. Another request for extension for "Intellivision Amico" TM was sent to uspto. The request should be approved in a few days. This would give IE another 6 months before having to file for yet another delay or show proof to uspto they actually have a product using this TM "in commerce". #6
  5. @DZ-Jay Thanks for sharing those files! Having Basedrum and Bass on one "instrument" is really cumbersome as you described. In Goat Tracker, you can specify wether a tick uses a "fixed" frequency or the current note frequency. That way, you can have a short "base drum" part that always sounds the same and afterwards the rest of the bass with current note frequency. What you described is "rebuilding this from hand with multiple samples". For a snare drum, this does not work so well, since snares are generally longer than kick drums and therefore the bass starts a bit too late, so it sounds out of rhythm. And here are more questions I have noticed that using "0" as the noise frequency generates the lowest possible noise tone, where as "1" generates the highest, "2" a bit lower than "1", "3" a bit lower than "2" etc. So is value 0 an exception or is this a bug?
  6. Have you played it? Someone experienced issues with their cart ("...Cartdridge shows up the Vetrex Start-Screen an then IT DISSAPEARS."). I'm wonder if that's a one-off, or if all of the carts may be affected.
  7. There are only 3 that I can think of where I have ever thought to myself "man, I love the look of this machine." 1) Sega Genesis, original 2) Atari 2600 Vader 3) PS3 fat I'm pretty indifferent about the aesthetics of most other consoles that I can think of.
  8. Sorry for bumping this thread from years ago but i wanted to know if the Jungle Guides #1 and #2 we're released as PDFs? I would love to have them for research purposes, especially since the #1 issue has a interview with Mario Perdure
  9. Do they show with any analogue controller, I got them to show by plugin in the Atari2600 into THE400 Mini and having the Atari Paddles plugged in to its Atari joystick port 1 (DB9), you have to put the Atari2600 Plus into update dumper mode, Color on B/W and press and hold Reset switch while turn it on, it then thinks its THEGamepad, you can see it on a PC `Setup a game controller on PC`....
  10. I got drawn to the Lynx in spring of '91 by a big spread in EGM (April 1991, issue #21), which was right around the time of the Lynx II release. At the time I thought it was an actual editorial feature from the EGM staff, but looking at that magazine now, it looks more like a paid puff-piece from Atari that is deceptively dressed up to look like an unbiased feature. Either way, I fell for it hook/line/sinker and absolutely HAD to get a Lynx. I got a discounted Model I for my birthday that May, and sold my Game Boy stuff to finance some game purchases for the Lynx. Blue Lightning was my first game, and I was pretty blown away by it back then. Klax was next, and to this day I still enjoy that game, with the Lynx port being my favorite version of the game by a wide margin. I later had Xenophobe, Electrocop, Ninja Gaiden, Chip's Challenge, Road Blasters, Gates of Zendocon, Golf, and probably a few others. I still have a few of these carts from the 90s and have picked up a few others as an adult. Sadly, my original Lynx met a premature death when it crashed to the floor from up on a shelf, but I do have a Lynx II that I grabbed off e-bay in 2011 or so. There's no sugar-coating it from my side; overall, the Lynx was a big disappointment. I remember after a while starting to reeeally regret selling my Game Boy, which just seemed to have so many more fun games to choose from, not to mention so many more kids to trade games with. I still play Blue Lightning once in a blue moon (badum tssssssss) and it's... OK, I guess. But it's pretty sluggish and dull, and I usually struggle to sit through an entire game. I can see in retrospect that the impressive-for-the-time scaling effects and sound were able to carry the game for me in 1991, when I was a young video game enthusiast always craving the next graphics upgrade or feat of technical wizardry that I could use to brag to others on the BBS's. But now, none of that stuff matters anymore. It's a common theme of perspective for me, looking back at retro games now vs. how I looked at them when they were new. When they were new, they could score big points - no, huge points - with things like graphics and fidelity to arcade originals (if applicable). But in the present day, the criteria have shifted significantly. Having "graphics that were considered top notch 30 years ago" just doesn't carry much weight, at least not for me. Is the game fun? This is the only question that matters anymore, and the Lynx game library really struggles to answer this question in the affirmative. I'll always wonder what could have been if the Lynx were supported by even a fraction of the third-party developer muscle that the Game Boy enjoyed.
  11. You can choose to play as a female character in Penult.
  12. Minor fix to my MS.PACU PACU game! Just added a clear screen when the game restarts after game over. paku.rom
  13. Well it would have to be games that used an analog stick. So, if a collection of games released that required/supported a stick then there you go. I'm just saying that it would be nice if Blaze came out with a controller/handheld that had a stick. It's good to have options. Maybe a firmware update comes out that allows the games to work with one.
  14. Robot changing color to orange before red is helpful. Flashing +1 and +50 (Robot) for every single point obtained in the game is distracting and takes away from the game.
  15. You need to add 2 more! Strictly not, but lets put it another way: How Missile Command and Yars, - MSLC-YR really play in as you envision it…?
  16. Well on average for me, it takes just under an hour to recap a genesis from start to finish. I tend to recap systems one cap at a time, so I can make sure of the value I just removed and the polarity. There are capacitor maps on Console5 to help with all of that, but still prefer to go at it one cap at a time. But you do need quite a lot of them as there are about 40 to be replaced out in total.
  17. Nvm on the 1040 STe ... wife disapproves ... no go for me. Apologies!
  18. Back in the day i used TurboDOS XE, it supported the double-sided mode of the XF551: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Turbo-DOS Nowadays with U1MB and Side2/3 i just use SDX for all my drives.
  19. Today
  20. Love the graphics, but while the car may be a bit too sensitive in controls on Pole Position 1 and 2 Arcade, the drawback here is that the car feels a bit slow in turning, making it frustrating to avoid other cars. They should also have drawn the section of the car panel between the rearview mirrors 3 pixel-lines lower, so that it wouldn’t get in the way of seeing your car fully when it turns to the right snd left. This is only like deleting 3 pixel-lines. Except for that, it’s a fine pseudo-3D pole position style racer, with lots of ways to set up your race: with or without qualification lap, single race or tournament (8 tracks in a row) number of laps, number of opponents (drones). Racing against 7 other car makes for a very, very crowded experience… It has also quite a lot of tracks to choose from, so even if the road behaves the same ways, many turns to learn. And of course colorful, vivid ‘super-scaler graphics’…!
  21. THE400 Mini is a UK product and made in Hong Kong that was part of the UK up until 1997... weird ... but only recently China took control of Hong Kong, like a company taking over another company there is a 3 year cooling of period where the company been taken over can change there mind so it can not be changed for 3 years. China got full control of Hong Kong about 20 years later, (2018 I think, it was just before the pandemic), thats why people in Hong Kong protested about it, they didn't want there lives to change.
  22. Hi, @Eiswuxe, Attached are the drums definition for the TRON song. The "drmCombo" definitions are a combination of the "Synthpop Kick" drum sample and the "Bass" instrument, interpolated by hand. I took the first few ticks of the kick drum definition (to establish its presence), then followed it with the tone and envelope definition of the bass instrument, tuned to a specific note. I then repeated the process tuning the bass tone to different notes depending on where the kick drum hit in the pattern. (Note that these drums require 32 samples, so to use them, you need to set the TRK_DRUM_STEPS constant to 32 in the "global-config.asm" file.) This way, I could have the bass line playing on a channel, with the points where the kick drum is supposed to hit replaced by the appropriate tuned drum instrument. The end result was drum and bass on one channel. (I should have done a similar thing for the snare drums, but didn't think of it at the time. In retrospect, you can tell when the song goes from a pattern in which drums and bass are played in separate channels, to a pattern in which both are played in the same channel; precisely because the bass cuts out when the snares hit. It still gives it a nice and distinct rhythm to the choruses, but it was mostly inadvertent.) I also include the instrument definitions for the track, just in case they can be of any use. -dZ. tron-drm.asm tron-inst.asm
  1. Load more activity