All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Swapping dozens of floppy disks was my thought too. Though I remembered doing backups that way.
  3. This sums it up for me as well. I'd also take either over the PS3 or 360 (or later systems) any day of the week.
  4. The folders are (most probably) alright. But even if the server is responding with a not chunked HTTP/1.1 response, every hub between the server and the client might chunk the response, because a HTTP/1.1 client is supposed to parse a chunked response. That's why v2.3.20 is only a workaround. We need the server to response with a HTTP/1.0 response to a 1.0 request, or we have to be able to parse a much more complicated 1.1 response.
  5. I haven’t played XEVIOUS in the 7800 for a while (couple of years, actually) but isn’t that controlled by the difficulty switch setting?
  6. I just played and wow!!! It's fantastic. I don't have a real trackball, just the old Wico one, but I played with a stick and it worked great. One note based on my NTSC/VBXE 800XL - per your list, the display is cut off on real hardware - at least on my JVC Broadcast CRT. Amazing game. Always one of my favourites.
  7. 2600 might have been my first but the NES did so much more. I love the 2600 but the NES really is the better overall gaming experience for me.
  8. I shall call him "Spaceballs." The satellite and cable companies would sometimes set up shop near the entrances of places like Walmart and Sam's Club. I was happy to talk to them because these youngsters could not process my situation. "Hi! What TV service do you have?" "I don't have a TV." (I actually had a TV, but I watched, when I watched, OTA.) "What? How do you not have a TV?" "Well, I mean, I have a TV, but I only watch DVDs or Internet. I was a beta-tester for Hulu and only watch that, now" "What's Hulu?" Bruh... I was cuttin' the cord before cuttin' the cord was cool! On a side note, I am deeply saddened by what they did to Hulu. Did you know Hulu was profitable even on its free model? It even had original content (I highly recommend "The Booth at the End.") I did not mind watching shows with commercials, like on TV, as it gave me opportunities for breaks without pausing. Sometimes, it would offer a two- or three-minute commercial at the beginning, after which you would watch your show commercial-free. For a time, Hulu promised it would never charge for its service. Then the major investors came. Maybe they thought the advertisement gravy train would not last long. Maybe they just wanted to squeeze more money out of customers. I stayed on the free plan, which meant new show episodes were delayed a week. No problem. Then new episodes went behind the paywall. Then recent seasons, then all seasons, then everything good went behind the pay wall. In the midst of this, companies like ABC took their content away to start their own platforms. I was pissed, as the new "V" (Visitors) was taken from Hulu for the second season to ABC's new service. A friend signed up for a Hulu Plus subscription, and his account got him even more commercials than my free account! I had had enough. Free Hulu was turning into a D-movie and obscure boring TV show wasteland. Hulu Plus was $10 or $15 a month and gave you even more commercials. So I canceled my account. Very sad. I took my role as a beta-tester seriously, and offered quite a bit of feedback and new ideas. Ah, well. https://archive.nytimes.com/bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/why-hulu-succeeded-as-other-video-sites-failed/
  9. I thought it might be because the NES hardware was so good at that game style, that it caused it to become popular? IDK. At some point, even the arcades started to get filled with side-scrollers, and seemed like the kids didn't want to play anything that wasn't. That's the other thing I didn't like- Not every game should be a 10-20 hour affair! I missed the pick-up-and-play games. If a game is going to require a time commitment like that, it had better hook me within 10 min or I'm not likely to ever pick it up again. But there was also the social aspect. With the 2600, the etiquette became you played your turn and when your game was over you passed the joystick to the next person. Starting with the NES, "turns" went on forever. So one person tended to dominate the console while everyone sat around and watched.. Hanging out with your friends playing videogames became dull and not fun like it was in the 2600 days.
  10. Hi All, Here is the completed board (V3.0), I will be checking it for problems over the next few weeks before I get a bunch of other boards made including this one. Regards Arto.
  11. Hi, is it me being stupid? 🙈. I seem not to be able to start a game of Frogger. Any ideas? 😳
  12. I always liked that game and never new I actually own an NTSC cart... it worked so well on my PAL machine. Recently I put it in my 2600+ and the experimental debug load prints 60 fps😅
  13. Olioni Games made an exploration and puzzle RPG 
    game for the Atari 2600 platform, I will be leaving the link to the game's ROM and manual.

752348048-main.jpg

Castelo.png

14. HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY! Todays Game DEADLY DUCK! I love this game. These Crabs are difficult to shoot and the levels get progressively harder. This is one for the collection! Objective: Deadly Duck’s job is to score points by blasting his enemy the crabs, their Bricks and the Dragonflies. Deadly Duck can keep shooting as long as he avoids getting bonked by a falling Brick or hit by a Dragonfly’s Bomb.
  15. Any hints about future announcements? And I do not mean like "we about to purchase Pixel Games UK." I mean like "we might have another announcement in the near future which might be of interest to old school Atari fans, stay tuned." I know you cannot be specific.
  16. Thanx so far very happy with Mad studio, MAC/65 is my favority assembler I started with that decades ago being able to code that in mad studio would be awesome.
  17. I did this intro back in the day and i can assure you there is no music in it. The music is surely from the YT video edit. The only intro with music we released was Laserhawk (music stolen from Warhawk 🙂 ) Laserhawk [intro].xex
  18. I did it plenty of times up and down, it works very well and is quite easy to do🤙 The only critical moment is the windows driver installation, which could cause problems, especially if an Evercade was upgraded on same machine. Once you got the driver installed, it is a piece of cake😊 Almost 53 but I feel like I am 60😉
  19. Flow Charts, Diagrams, Pictures, and conversion tables. Like Hex vs Decimal vs same text with offset values. Or memory maps for each address and what it does like Source files. Over the years the number of Source files has exploded.
  20. Thanks for that information. Since I have a spare [newer XL/XE] ANTIC, I might as well use it.
  21. is there a version that supports the second button for dropping bombs?
  22. is there a version that supportsnthe second button for dropping bombs?
  23. True, I did not think about that. When they bought the M Network name with the games, I just assumed it was to make sure when they used M Network games they could use the box images without worrying about copyright.
  24. That is a very nice video. Really shows the difference! (and the fact that we were in there for a wee bit as well doesn't AT ALL impact my evaluation ) -M -M
  1. Load more activity