All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Aside from the one dude who spends hours on it, most have played for several minutes, then walk away. New weekend and new people though, so we'll see
  3. Wow, an honour indeed. There are 9 games on my suggestion list, I'd be happy to give any of them a try. I haven't played Great Escape, Blinky's Scary School or the Atari version of The Last Ninja 2 before, so I don't know whether they're any good
  4. Needs a 35K expansion to run. Really well done imo. https://www.indieretronews.com/2024/04/prince-of-persia-has-been-converted.html
  5. Haha, excelllent job with building the anticipation!! 😀 Yep, I figured sales wouldn't be over the top with the coin glitch. Was just curious if people were actually playing it, or just walking by!
  6. Great effort McKong You can suggest an entire poll as you wish - perhaps for the next round (R7 as R6 is now up), 9 games
  7. Scores for R5 added including Torq's catch-up Galaxian 12pts
  8. I know that most people won't agree but I thought Prometheus was pretty good.
  9. Ok this tells me your network is not allowing connections between the devices.. this is either your router/ap settings OR you have done something on the PI to restrict connections like adding a firewall or security settings.. What router do you have? Is it set to isolate devices? are you doing this ping on ethernet or wifi? some routers isolate wifi devices from each other
  10. Some ideas https://forums.atariage.com/topic/224658-straightening-cables-1st-attempt/?do=findComment&comment=2975724 https://forums.atariage.com/topic/162225-free-straight-cords-on-refurbished-colecovision-controllers/?do=findComment&comment=4064276
  11. Seeing as it turned out to be the winning score, and a new HSC record, a screenshot is probably in order. The game doesn't seem to get any more difficult after bridge 50-60. I got to the point where, fatigue aside, I felt like I could play for ever, gaining a life every three or four bridges. That said, I did have some more games after this one but couldn't get this far again
  12. Will try and keep this summary brief! The 40 disks with just numbers on them (e.g. 588B) all have a volume name of (in this example) "USERGROP588B" The others: S.T.A.R. Chicago User Group C-Editor + Games Cables - How to make cable connections for T.I. / Geneve CONNI D.O.M 0691 Latin Tutor Editor/Assembler & Loader A few disks labelled "Education" that have volumes like "EDUC/XB01" A few disks for use with Adventure module (by the looks of it) NEWDISK Free 37 (looks like some kind of games) MUSIC/UT1 Free 273 (music utilities) Lucy Langs Legal Lottery Licker York Area 99er's group The Wit series from York area FFFFFFFF from York Area A bunch of music disks (for, or made by, Music Maker - Don't know as I've never used MM. One just labelled Woodstock) Mini-memory Hoosier User Group 7 labelled GK modules (utilities and a few game modules, but mainly the education modules)
  13. PinHead Nice game "and some of the best music ever" - music so good you can turn it off with S or something but then the game is a bit hollow Practice moving L/R into the balloon and then kicking it back up and please "Don't Kick the Bucket" as you are all needed here https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2600 atarimania has COM file and instructions plus a nice write up on the game fandal has XEX atarionline.pl has XEX and ATRs Round closes 10am Sunday 5th May - we can wrap it up sooner if we have all had enough after a week or so HAVE FUN!
  14. Got it Thanks for this cool album - maybe you will return to Jaguar someday
  15. After watching the video, I have to say that you have something good on your hands. Maybe you could consider making a series of videos on how to program the Super NES?
  16. What was the end result of the EPROM versions?
  17. . .. ... .... For its first week in operation, it made $14. Slow week, as mentioned, but also the coin glitch. The Alan-1 guys did drop by yesterday to do some troubleshooting & debugging, so the amount of free coins its spitting out have diminished a bit, but it's still doing it. They do hope to have it fixed soon (next week, perhaps?). Then we'll get a much better idea (also assuming that things pick up)
  18. Congratulations to McKong for the win with rdrunner in runner up spot and new player Torq on the podium Nice game still fun to play. Will start up R6 now!! Final tables River Raid Player Score Points 1st McKong 267,200 12 2nd rdrunner 182,090 11 3rd Torq 126,770 10 4th therealbountybob 79,610 9 5th Sikor 64,590 9 6th AtariSphinx 58,080 8 7th graywest 55,670 8 8th MichaG 42,060 7 9th jblenkle 36,720 6 10th pjedavison 35,870 5 11th Atari8guy 29,990 4 12th carlsson 22,530 3 13th RedThunder 15,040 2 14th McKong Jnr2 3,900 2 Highest Score 1st life Bridges 1-4 Player Score 1st McKong 8,150 2nd therealbountybob 7,810 5th Sikor 7,560 3rd pjedavison 7,530 4th AtariSphinx 7,490 6th MichaG 7,420 7th carlsson 5,150 Highest Score 1st life Player Score 1st McKong 68,050 2nd Torq 65,650 3rd Sikor 28,840 4th MichaG 26,370 5th AtariSphinx 26,170 6th graywest 25,670 7th pjedavison 16,850 8th carlsson 8,980 9th therealbountybob 8,140 Highest Bridge Reached Player Score 1st McKong 106 2nd Torq 58 3rd rdrunner 50 4th therealbountybob 36 5th AtariSphinx 32 6th Sikor 31 7th MichaG 22 8th pjedavison 20 9th Atari8guy 20 10th jblenkle 17 11th carlsson 16 12th RedThunder 11 13th McKong Jnr2 6 Pro: Highest Bridge Reached 50+ Player Score 1st McKong 84 2nd rdrunner 72 3rd AtariSphinx 56 4th devwebcl 55 5th pjedavison 55 Pro: Highest Score 50+ Player Score 1st McKong 92,870 2nd pjedavison 15180 3rd AtariSphinx 15170 4th devwebcl 14500
  19. I see. My idea is to have a straight cord on my original INTV model 1. I feel like there could be a cable replacement kit / plan / instruction set... Every solution I find seems to call for buying an INTV 2 or Flashback.
  20. Final tables up next! Improved slightly to 79,610 and 7,810 for the first 4 bridges!
  21. This may be nothing, but I noticed something about this once and I posted about it here. Here was the post:
  22. I think my Anbernic RG353M is awesome and I use it all the time. The screen is a great size for keeping the device pocketable and super portable. For most of my on-the-go gaming, I'm happy with the size. That said, if I'm going somewhere where I might be playing for an hour or a couple of hours, it's nicer to play on a larger screen, especially for consoles that were designed to be displayed on bigger screens. I went on Amazon and picked up a couple of things to take advantage of the HDMI out on the device, and now I have a portable setup with a 15.6" 1080p lightweight monitor and battery power pack so that it requires no external plug or wall outlet. It works really well, looks great, is pretty lightweight, and it was all under $100. Handheld: 15.6" 1080p portable monitor with battery power pack: At the time of this post, the monitor was about $65: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VFF4TZG/ The battery power pack was about $30: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QB33BMR/
  23. This is the sort of game that, by rights, should interest me regardless of whether or not it's a Yars' Somethingorother game. However, from watching the video, the following things are immediately putting me off: The character's voice. Hearing it reminds me of finding a YouTube channel or podcast that looks like it could be really interesting - right up to the point where the presenter speaks and puts themselves right at the 'too annoying to watch or listen to' end of the spectrum. Does not fit in with the aesthetic or setting at all, and it's difficult to imagine playing it through without muting the audio. The bombardment of callouts, easter eggs, nostalgia tugs on the heartstrings, etc. By all means have these things in the game, but FFS tone it down a little. It doesn't need to come out of the firehose in the same way that, say, 'Ready Player One' deluged the audience with similar tropes. Frankly, that was something that majorly put me off of that movie, and if there's this much of it in a trailer it's likely a sign of more things to have to sit through. Does the game remain playable if both audio and video are disabled? The gameplay doesn't look be a total fit with the world it's set in. It's fine, but feels like it could be a reskin of a game set in a completely different universe. Do a graphics swap with Top Banana and it could pretty much be the 2024 'reimagining' of that game. I want to like this game, but the preview is not giving me the warm fuzzies. If there's a playable demo on the Switch I'll at least check it out, but it feels like it has an uphill battle to win over my interest enough to actually purchase it.
  1. Load more activity