All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I just tested it. It does work when you put your preferred USB controller in USB-port 1 and the CXStick in USB-port 2. Weirdly enough it does not work the other way around....
  3. Berzerk enhanced from Atari- worth it? Yay or nay? Voice added - yes, diagonal firing robots, yes…any other enhancements? I’m seriously on the fence. At the end of the day except for 2 (tweaks), dropping $40 bucks on a game I own, have a sd card With the original and a few

dozen hacks already…I’m almost just buying it to “collect” is then gameplay worth a new copy?

4. nice. Think this could work well with more dithering and a mask. Great skin tones.
  5. Maybe 2023 should be rebranded IntelliClub 2024 and then Rev can brag about getting everything out early!
  6. Maybe that's the problem there? I've never used an AT Games device, but I've never experience the kind of lag people complain about on my emulation PC.
  7. Celebrity 11 Collaboration @drpeter and me 168 x 240 resolution many colors (more than in C64!) palette: real.act drpeter_and_GravityWorm_Celebrity__0011.xex
  8. hello again, i have latest firmware, but this ROM file doesnt work (similiar czechoslovakia cartridge with button to reset) DMOS.rom
  9. Is there a way to edit my post? I realized that I posted the wrong photo of the Alpha Lock fix. In my first attempt, I put the diode in backwards. This is the correct way.
  10. I had grub installed until the December update. Atari changed something and my grub configuration was no longer able to boot AtariOS. I put rEFInd on until I could figure out a new grub configuration. But rEFInd is so much easier to configure that I haven't bothered fixing grub yet. Atari is/was doing something unusual with EFI/boot and it's never been fully explained to my knowledge. That's what made dual-booting tricky. It used to be that there were two bootable images for AtariOS, and booting one of them would trigger update mode. But it would occasionally "switch" and the image that always worked would suddenly trigger update mode and the other one would boot AtariOS. After the December update, I only see one bootable AtariOS image, and it always seems to work. If they are temporarily inserting bootable things during the update process that might explain the odd behavior I've seen in the past. I don't think I've ever triggered the update loop with refind, but I have triggered it with grub in the past. I'd love to see a definitive guide to dual-booting the VCS, so I'm happy to contribute any info I can.
  11. just looking on Youtube here is an example of the crap you can see on that segment of the Alleydog demo on non UGV A8s: A still:
  12. OK, I understand. Best-Electronics has been an important source for Atari stuff you can't find anywhere else for many years, but its website and listings are not necessarily a trustworthy source of information. I even wrote to Bradley Koda at Best Electronics years ago about this fault with the frequency of C061090, but unfortunately he never replied or corrected the list.
  13. I think so, because when GenX was using the new VCS stick for the paddle with the hiddens games (Super Breakout and Castle Crisis), he needed TheCX Stick plugged in for the function buttons (because he was playing carousel games, which can't remap the controller -- which they should probably change).
  14. Yeah, that's annoying. Plug in a Analogue console and it's like (while not perfect) playable and feels like it should. Plug in some AT Games thing to the same tv, same settings, same input, blah blah, turn the paddle knob, go have dinner, and come back to watch the thing move (slight exaggeration) and some yay-hoo will be like "use game mode" like that's some magic fix all.
  15. I use ACP.xex to setup my displays, as it has nicely defined corners on the display.
  16. I sure hope this is the case...
  17. And really, Atari 8-bit doesn't need ADC for audio input. It would be enough just to mix audio input with your audio output to handle everything the physical hardware does.
  18. Btw I'm dealing with a crt monitor if that helps any.
  19. Actually on the last update, two gentlemen on the Discord VCS using rEFInd did discover the EFI Boot partition numbers changing during the VCS update and causing an Update Loop. Normally after the VCS Update completes, it removes the Update EFI from the boot options. I'm just wondering if the presence of rEFInd keeps the VCS update present and therefore rEFInd keeps the update loop active until manually redirected. I've used Grub2Win before for dual boot of Linux and Windows, but I have no experience with rEFInd. Perhaps you can add further clarification on this.
  20. Thanks. Box, manual, and label are all complete. Mostly it's just the shell. The first one is being reprinted, and I'm guessing there'll be a second prototype, followed hopefully by the final version.
  21. It's not uncommon for TV studios to buy stuff on ebay to use for shows. I don't think that ebay sale was the one (the one in the show looks like it has more top vents) but I can bet it is very close to this model. As for TV colors, orange, pea green and mustard yellow amongst other colors were used on CRT's (and just about everything else) in the 70's
  22. Sounds like you're pretty far along then. Maybe just ship it, or do what you can to turn it into a proper shippable project, cheap and reliable as possible. Account for users unplugging and plugging in cartridges a lot, make sure this doesn't break anything. Maybe ask for help with your noise issue.
  23. That might be the same one from the show. Good catch.
  1. Load more activity