All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I afraid I'm going to have to bow out. Last night my Vectrex stopped working whilst playing Scramble. The graphics stretched out for about 10 seconds, then shrunk to normal size. I switched the console off and when I switched it back on I got a humming sound with some flickering on screen then nothing. I switched it on again an hour later and there was the humming with flickering but that also went to nothing. Now I get nothing at all. I don't really want to start messing around with the insides like I did with my old second Vectrex which I have since sold. My laptop is also not working so I can't play via emulation either. I will get it sorted at some point, it's just not a priority at his time. Anyone know of a good repair service in the UK? Preferably in the south.
  3. for the DiskCopy option, I always created different folders with all possible formats SSSD, DSSD, SSDD, DSDD, and 50 empty disk images in each folder as you thought indeed. Better to use the same empty image format of the disk so that you will save time because otherwise, the system will need to format the images if it recognizes a different format among the Original and the backup image. I hope you will succeed . Archival and preserving material is also my passion.
  4. Dear web hoster, please help @Al_Nafuur and all of us out. And give him a beer.
  5. Many thanks Have just been creating 45 GoTek images for the first batch (360K), but just realised I haven't checked what type of disks the originals are so may be best to match the original size otherwise its a waste of space
  6. Today
  7. I have no idea whether it will make a difference, but is the R42 resistor present? It's not present on my PAL 600XLs but is populated on NTSC machines. Candle suggested it was some kind of video feedback resistor, and although I removed it when troubleshooting the luma on the machine in the video (eventually discovering the problem was caused by a partially shorted decoupling cap on CD4050), I put it back and didn't notice any effect. But composite was - as usual - quite nasty, and I wonder if W42 makes any difference at all. In any case, it seems: NTSC: W2 = populated, R42 = vacant PAL: W2 = vacant (since we have a discreet clock source for colourburst), R42 = populated PS: the composite output in the photos resembles the composite on the NTSC machine in the video, so I wouldn't obsess over it too much unless you're keeping the machine and propose to tailor the video to your liking. Anyone buying a forty-odd year old 8-bit computer should surely have their eyes open regarding non-standard analogue video output, etc.
  8. For my convenience and because I have always felt comfortable I use Disk Manager 1000 v6.00 This is because I find it present among the software that is part of the XB v2.7 cartridge and now I know it by heart with commands so I go pretty fast to use it. It also allows me to make copies of individual files and this helps to save the salvageable to a disk with errors only on a part of the disk. I don’t have much experience with other copiers so in case I would also be happy to discover something new and better. If floppies are copy-protected, this may not be enough. but I found very few and only the originals mostly.
  9. @ti99iuc Do you use any particular software for copying please? My current thoughts (wherever I copy to) is just to use Force commands COPY 1100.DSK1.* 1100.DSK2. Many thanks
  10. Like this faintly animated ROM featuring the YouTube semi-sensation Layman Video Gamer. Layman said he loved the ColecoVision... let's see how much he likes being INSIDE one! It'll be like that one especially ridiculous episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, when they're fighting Video Man. I just realized that instead of just games, people can whip up greeting cards and all sorts of weirdness on the ColecoVision. Maybe I shouldn't encourage that... the complete list of NES games is thousands and thousands of entries long because everybody kept using NESticle to turn Mega Man into Mega Butt and River City Ransom into Wilford Brimley Battle. layman.rom
  11. Wow! That is terrifying Garfield. :D

Garfield comics

12. @Atari2600PAL I have backed up about 7000-8000 floppies of both formats, 5.25 and 3.5, and about 1500 cassette tapes. for the Floppy disks, if you have the possibility, I can only suggest using the TI99 + PEB + Gotek (or similar) solution. I have also tried firsthand other newer peripherals such as Greaseweasel or previously even Kryoflux and have not had the same results with the certainty of operation. These cards pass over any read errors often creating backups that may not work, maybe you see the files in the disk images but then, you could discover they are to be corrupted (all or partially). This also happens because the floppies are often old and dirty and after a few reads (but if the floppy is very dirty even one read is enough) the heads get dirty and the reads give more errors all the time, the heads need to be cleaned often. By making the copy using the actual PEB with a Gotek or HxC SD instead, indeed, it takes longer but in the end, you are sure that if the disk was copied it means that the read was successful and therefore the copy is working. By the way, when the floppies give errors and I can't back up I have procedures that I follow. First of all, I use a head cleaning kit right away at the first errors and then I try the reading again. In some cases, the head may also have become very dirty, and the drive may no longer read any disk and the cleaning disk may not be sufficient. At that point, I act directly on the floppy drive head using a cotton swab (gently). If it still doesn't go I put the floppy disk aside because then I will try it on other drives floppy models (I have about ten different ones) because often the mechanics and the alignment of the head or the different stepper motor can also give different results. If even this last try fails, before I give up at all on the floppy with error, just as a last resort, I use a special floppy drive (built by a friend of mine), which allows me to clean the magnetic surface of the disk as it spins. With all these steps I have recovered quite a few floppies, and only by making the copy with the actual hardware do I have the confidence that everything works. I also checked other backups released over the years by other users who had used Kryoflux and half of the images, often were corrupted Just my two cents to explain my experience of doing this kind of thing. Then everyone does as they can
  13. For the past month or so, I have been able to use a Concerto to play games onto the 2600+. You'll need a firmware update for this to work, and I am still working out some kinks but it should be available before too long. How it works: rename the game you want to play to autorom.a78, and put it in an SD card. With new firmware, the game will then run on the 2600+. I will post a video shortly.
  14. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! https://challonge.com/ja/samshoHS3 #SNK #SAMURAISHODOWN challonge.com Heavy Slash #3 : Oceania Online Tournament Series - Challonge Explore this tournament hosted by TAJgarou 9:00 PM · Apr 19, 2024 Anthony..
  15. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! https://start.gg/tournament/contender-colosseum-clash-10/… #SNK #KOFXV Contender Colosseum Clash #10 From start.gg 9:00 PM · Apr 19, 2024 Anthony..
  16. Hi guys, Cujo Kate/Yeaoo @Cujo_Kate This is the last hour for $25 entry Price increase 11:59pm from $25 to $35 Pot Bonus so far Tekken 8- $1000 Street Fighter 6- $500 Smash Ultimate- $500 Mortal Kombat 1- $300 Smash Melee- $200 Strive- $200 KOF- $200 Side tourny $50 https://start.gg/tournament/rust-belt-showdown-2/details… @NRSEsports Arc System Works America and 3 others Anthony..
  17. The patents were what they really were waiting for, now they will re-hire all the employees and Tommy will come back as the outward face of the company!
  18. So true Slidel. I wouldn't mind buy them for the collection. Anthony..
  19. Double tap right and just run over the bridge, jump off at the end of it.
  20. Apologies for the necrobump, but I was rather surprised to see a certain individual appearing on the comments of a recent YT video, looking at the Lynx, given his less than stellar reputation.. All these years later and we still see the same points we exposed when the RG article ran, being used. There are no independently verified, credible, actual sales figures for the Lynx. (The Tramiel's always talked of expected sales, manufacturing targets for a year..) Telegames Pete Mortimer made this clear when interviewed some years later in the excellent Lynx book by Zaffin Books. Darryl Still was never the source to even approach. There is 'discussion' about the Lynx using cassette media, the source usedJ debunking it appears to be RJ Mical, who's earnt his reputation as an overblown storyteller and who suggests they might of looked at using Hard Drives at 1 point.. The cassette media is referenced in the official Epyx Lynx documention.. https://www.monlynx.de/lynx/lynxdoc.html In all the years since this article appeared, nothing has changed, people strutting around YT comments saying YOU ARE WRONG, still haven't contacted other leading sources who might be able to share their own unique insights into the Lynx, instead they insist on spreading the same old misinformation. When will the community mature?
  21. Sure, we can count prototypes! Save Mary is already on our lists but we can add Snow White. Added: Snow White!
  22. Xenomorph II Colors: 10 Atari8man_Xenomorph_3.xex
  23. Intel builds the world's first AI brain https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/news/intel-builds-worlds-largest-neuromorphic-system.html#gs.87zzw9
  1. Load more activity