All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nvm on the 1040 STe ... wife disapproves ... no go for me. Apologies!
  3. Back in the day i used TurboDOS XE, it supported the double-sided mode of the XF551: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Turbo-DOS Nowadays with U1MB and Side2/3 i just use SDX for all my drives.
  4. Love the graphics, but while the car may be a bit too sensitive in controls on Pole Position 1 and 2 Arcade, the drawback here is that the car feels a bit slow in turning, making it frustrating to avoid other cars. They should also have drawn the section of the car panel between the rearview mirrors 3 pixel-lines lower, so that it wouldn’t get in the way of seeing your car fully when it turns to the right snd left. This is only like deleting 3 pixel-lines.
  5. THE400 Mini is a UK product and made in Hong Kong that was part of the UK up until 1997... weird ... but only recently China took control of Hong Kong, like a company taking over another company there is a 3 year cooling of period where the company been taken over can change there mind so it can not be changed for 3 years. China got full control of Hong Kong about 20 years later, (2021/22), thats why people in Hong Kong protested about it, they didn't want there lives to change.
  6. Hi, @Eiswuxe, Attached are the drums definition for the TRON song. The "drmCombo" definitions are a combination of the "Synthpop Kick" drum sample and the "Bass" instrument, interpolated by hand. I took the first few ticks of the kick drum definition (to establish its presence), then followed it with the tone and envelope definition of the bass instrument, tuned to a specific note. I then repeated the process tuning the bass tone to different notes depending on where the kick drum hit in the pattern. (Note that these drums require 32 samples, so to use them, you need to set the TRK_DRUM_STEPS constant to 32 in the "global-config.asm" file.) This way, I could have the bass line playing on a channel, with the points where the kick drum is supposed to hit replaced by the appropriate tuned drum instrument. The end result was drum and bass on one channel. (I should have done a similar thing for the snare drums, but didn't think of it at the time. In retrospect, you can tell when the song goes from a pattern in which drums and bass are played in separate channels, to a pattern in which both are played in the same channel; precisely because the bass cuts out when the snares hit. It still gives it a nice and distinct rhythm to the choruses, but it was mostly inadvertent.) I also include the instrument definitions for the track, just in case they can be of any use. -dZ. tron-drm.asm tron-inst.asm
  7. Mine is... Mine say made in Hong Hong not Hong Kong... someone is dyslectic... lol
  8. Dungeon II : Solstice. One of your character choices is a faerie.
  9. Forgive me for necrobumping this ting, but I feel like this is an underrated topic to talk about.
  10. Very, very nice. Smooth and fast. Thank you!
  11. Ahaa, nifty idea if it indeed works. 😄
  12. Doggone It! (1 B/B): 47,733 Meooow! 2 (1 B/B): 17,660
  13. Sorry about the late response. I should've noted that's only for Windows when it comes to PC iirc. However, I see there's an iOS version and I am getting an iPad soon. So...maybe...
  14. And Colleen Emulator is Retroarch libretro lib file libatari800.so file with a wrapper round it that executes it so it can use its own commands, it uses the same commands as Amiberry v3.3 thats on THEA500 Mini, its uses the same carousel so it built the same way, and its buildroot(system is from THEC64) well it is THEC64, just with a different interface GUI carousel and emulator, it made the same way as THEVIC20, I like to know how they tick...
  15. In the Atari 2600 game library, AFAIK this is the first and only game of its kind, a 2D space adventure! That is what appeals to me so much about this game.
  16. I can also imagine this being a dark comedy type dealio, but more like a medieval It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia or...like...a medieval Futurama similar to Disenchanted.
  17. For those who do not frequent the Programming forum, @playsoft has released a WIP of Turret Turmoil: Dreadnought Assault, that playsoft and kiwilove have been working on:
  18. You can always try the 5200 on PCUAE, its uses the Atari 800 Emulator 4.2.0 so you can use its menu(F1) to customise it how you want it, all you need is PCUAE Main installer setup and Atari Mode installer setup, you install it in parts so only need the parts you want to use, you do not need to download all of it.
  19. Today
  20. Loved asteroids+ missile command. I only mildly knock asteroids for the lack of screen real estate, making the rocks rather large to start out. Totally agree its still great though. Chips challenge is dependant on if you like that specific type of puzzle or not. Its pretty spot on the pc version though, which I loved. Never played checkered flag (or even knew it) is it 3d like jaguar, or more 2d pole position style?
  21. Got it. The trade off here then is having to run the SETLTYPE utility after each compilation to change the program type to M_9900. The trick about overflow is neat! We should really move that conversation to the Pascal thread. Perhaps @OLD CS1 can do that?
  1. Load more activity