All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The RND in BASIC is over 5x faster than RND in XB. Both RXB and XB2.9 G.E.M. now use the faster TI BASIC random number routine. I have a feeling that it may not be as random as the XB one though. Random numbers in a compiled XB program are different than they are in a BASIC/XB program. Compiled code can only use integer arithmetic. That is a problem, because in BASIC a random number is from 0 to .9999999 The work around is to multiply the random number by another number. i.e. instead of: 10 IF RND<.5 THEN 100 ELSE 200 you would use 10 IF RND*2<1 THEN 100 ELSE 200
  3. Continuity test look good with a few that showed a short but verified with the good 4000B that it was the same so it seems consistent. There was voltage to pin 7 of U1 which wasn’t on the good 4000B IIRC it was about 2.1 volts. Not sure where this would be coming from (I mean the battery once it was powered off the voltage was not there) but it seems odd - could be the reason for the odd scenario with this board- thanks for the help!
  4. My $0.02: I think your budget is a bit low to get what you're asking for. I know how easy it is to fall into the mindset of "well, I only want something to play once in a while so it doesn't have to be great" but the problem is, playing arcade games with a crappy joystick just isn't fun. For $50, I think your only hope would be to either build something from scratch using good arcade parts, or find a good deal on something used. In other words, I can't see there being anything available brand new for $50 that wouldn't suck. It's worth pointing out that even when you're talking about sticks that are technically well-built, there is always going to be a strong "personal preference" component to this stuff, so even a well-made product isn't guaranteed to knock your socks off. No single stick is going to be ideal for all types of games so you should do some research to see what people are recommending for the types of games that are a priority for you to get right. I'd say that at a minimum, if you can find something that uses a joystick from a reputable supplier (i.e., Happ, Sanwa, etc.) as opposed to some squeaky, plasticky junk like you see in a lot of older console "arcade sticks" then you're off to a great start. Also keep in mind that some of the better controller boxes will have standardized hole patterns which makes it dead simple to buy upgraded joysticks and install those. For example, I have an X-Arcade Tank Stick (which is in the "junk" category on the rating sheet someone posted earlier). I tend to agree that the stock joysticks are junk, but the buttons are totally fine and the enclosure is rock solid. I bought Happ Competitions for drop-in replacements and now the stick is great to use for a ton of different types of games and has been 100% trouble free for 10+ years now.
  5. Good to know Shane. I have this for myself and purchased it off Amazon as well. I enjoy this piece and feel its a well made product. Looking forward on reading what you have to say about it soon. Anthony...
  6. They probably both use the same algorithm and the price inflated by 2 cents in between your tests!
  7. Hey SSF, Great to see you back with us brother man. Glad you enjoy all the material that we share here on the Neo-Geo thread and helps put you in a positive mood. We enjoy your videos that you share on YouTube and always a pleasure to have you on with us kind sir. Keep up the great work you offer for us to benefit in the community. Anthony...
  8. Marauder, one of my favourites and better than Berzerk. Pigs in Space, some of the best animation on the console, you also get to chop things as Miss Piggy, Hi-Ya! China syndrome, a unique game. Kool Air Man, a quirky game. A nice selection there. 👍🏻
  9. I did a quick and dirty job on this to use it with Debian Linux (this should work with derivatives like Ubuntu as well): As root : apt install python3-venv virtualenv python3-virtualenv As user mkdir agsp Copy or save the agsp_enhance_v1.00.1.zip to this directory. cd agsp unzip agsp_enhance_v1.00.1.zip mkdir venv python3 -m venv venv/ source venv/bin/activate python3 -m pip install psutil python3 -m pip install pandas python3 -m pip install pillow python3 -m pip install openpyxl edit agsp_enhance.py find the lines that read: else: print("Unsupported Operation System '" + platform_text + "' found.") return None change them to read: else: print("Unsupported Operation System '" + platform_text + "' found.") return "/path/to/sd_card" The "/path/to/sd_card" should actually be where the custom firmware sd-card is mounted. There is doubtless a better way to do this but I'm no python coder. Then run: python3 agsp_enhance.py enhance It'll spew a bunch of "Unsupported Operation System ..." to the console but this worked for me. One thing I did find. Pitfall! isn't set up as a paddle game and uses the stick. Won't get very far that way.
  10. I committed the missing lvds files now. These being missing is normal though, I should probably clean that up... cp: cannot stat 'iox_gluev4.vhdl': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat 'pokeymaxv4.vhd': No such file or directory I also soldered a new FPGA. Similar results on this with some shorted keyboard lines. I think in both cases its because I made a mistake when cleaning the board prior to soldering it on with some braid. I dragged the braid slightly which took off some solder mask. It didn't look too bad on the microscope but I guess it is enough for these shorts to happen each time since there isn't much clearance between the solder balls! So I will start again on another new board next week. I bought one of these to try reballing these few chips, I now have 3 chips to reball so think this is worth learning how to do: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005959551085.html I'll order some new FPGAs from digikey to try out the other boards so I can remove the reballing skill variable though! In the meantime I think this is soldered enough to proceed with a few further tests. e.g. I can solder the audio output components and at least play some audio with it.
  11. That is like finding treasure! Or maybe alchemy, turning a turd (PAL copy) into gold (NTSC copy)!
  12. Are you releasing some inside knowledge? Or making a prediction?
  13. I know this post is from 2005, but I thought it would be neat to adjust for inflation in 2024. And that $24.97 game in 1980 would cost (wait for it)....$94.65 today. That was using this calculator: https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ Just to test the calculator, I put in the $57.23 form 2004 to today and got $94.63. Only off by 2 cents.
  14. It could run on a 400 Mini; but I'm not sure if ST Mouse emulation is supported yet or not. If it is (via a DE-9 to USB adapter or something similar) then all should be fine. Just select 130XE as your system for full functionality (800XL/64KB will work, but functionality is limited -- basically, only one Profiler can be opened, but six simultaneous Jotters are possible).
  15. Nanorobotics Beetle colors: 83 plus src Atari8man_NTSC_Nanorobotics_Beetle.xex Atari8man_Pal_Nanorobotics_Beetle.xex
  16. To be clear. I was not complaining at all! The exact opposite, really, everything you did was PERFECT, I was saying that your mentions were great and did not at ALL impact my glowing evaluation Seriously, a really good video.
  17. 😞 In my experience, this is an understatement: Even for such "simple" things like parsing a chunked http response in C you can't really use ChatGPT: https://chat.openai.com/share/8b50e31f-e341-4386-b9e3-7eedecb8c91b You really have to know your stuff and what to look for to get a good result from ChatGPT. In the end you will invest more time than with doing your research and your code yourself..
  18. For closure, Peter had indeed fixed the Outline label sorting issue several revisions ago, but I had simply been resistant to updates owing to many plugins becoming broken in some more recent Eclipse builds. However, Peter convinced me to try a completely fresh installation and I'm now completely happy (especially since Eclipse's dark mode now bears looking at).
  19. Just a heads up if anyone needs a reasonably priced replacement power supply. www.atarirepairparts.com has them for $15.
  20. Lol, sorry I didn't mention more on TBA but I did put all the ordering details in the description and I made certain to leave the shipping labels on the box for all to see :-) TBA is awesome and love Simius for this. Thanks for checking out the video.
  21. I had been on the outlook for "The Voice" module recently and found a listing locally, so just went for the whole lot. In the included cartridges are the three in the picture, "Attack of the Timelord!" prototype, "Freedom Fighters" Advance copy/prototype and "Killer Bees" prototype. The labels on the "Killer Bees" cartridge and the "Attack of the Timelords" cartridge have the word "Prototype" as part of the printed label, ie not a stamp. I am in east Tennessee where Magnavox was headquartered in the 1980's (Knoxville and Greenville). The box is little rough, but a nice complete, I think, "The Quest for the Rings" game. Anyway, kinda neat.....Oh yeah, the guy I bought them from said a friend of his found it all in a storage unit. I
  22. Nanorobotics Spider Colors: 49 plus src Atari8man_NTSC_Nanorobotics_Spider.xex Atari8man_Pal_Nanorobotics_Spider.xex
  23. Thanks, nice game! You can also just select the Atari ST Mouse as your controller, as this can be used in place of the trackball in Atari's 8-bit computer version of Missile Command too.
  24. Certainly the one huge announcement everyone with some interest in Atari can be exited for is the return of one of their most important IP which is untouched so far - Adventure
  25. I do not think they actually bought the Stern name, just the 12 games.
  26. I have either never seen the 24 cartridge cabinet, or seen one and not realized there was a missing plastic cover.
  1. Load more activity