All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Bruce Harrison wrote some short stories that were on his web site at one time. Are these available anywhere?
  3. I purchased Morley way back in the 80's. Then upon resurrecting my interest in the TI in 2020, and forgetting that I already owned a copy, I got another. (It always amused me that only two of the "instructions" spelled in blocks on the cover are actually 9900 assembly instructions.)
  4. Plus VBXE Popeye, Gacek, Heartlight, Commando, Quadrillion, etc
  5. "Storm" should be in the list: https://www.atariteca.net.pe/2021/10/storm-para-computadoras-atari-8-bits.html
  6. Indeed. That particular demo is from Globe a few years back. Would be great to see it as that basis of a game, which may well be the case...who knows. (Globe also bought us the excellent fully fledged FPS game Final Assault) BTW here is the aforementioned 128k ray casting engine in motion, where this video doesn't show the run mode, which is fast and just shows you what the A8 is capable of in terms of 3d.
  7. Interesting... I haven't had a 1000HX in some time, but I used it with a Commodore 1080 monitor and never experienced this issue. Worked fine for me, but then again that was a Toshiba monitor instead of a Philips or Daewoo like the 1084.
  8. I was wondering if this works yet: I asked @tebe about the ability to generate multiple RELOC blocks in the same source file more than ten years ago, so I figured it might not be too soon to bring it up again. Although the instructions appear to cleam it's (now) possible to have multiple RELOC blocks, I'm unable to get this to work since it keeps throwing out compiler errors ('ORG in reloc block', etc). To be clear, what I was hoping to accomplish is exactly what's already supported by the SDX relocatable format (multiple reloc blocks of different types with inter-block references included in the fix-up table) but without the annoying limitations of said SDX relocatable format (eight character label names, no lo/hi fixups, etc). For clarity, perhaps an example will help: blk absolute $3000 ; loads at arbitary address, and is jettisoned after use Init jsr something rts blk reloc main ; loader relocates this block down to MEMLO in base memory DriverStart ; do stuff blk reloc ext ; loader relocates this block into extended memory (if available) ExtCode ; do more stuff blk update address ; produce fixup table I realise the relocatable format was ostensibly designed for use with the MADS linker, but I wrote the relocating, linking loader more than a decade ago and the MADS proprietary format is otherwise perfectly usable, aside from the inability to produce a compound file which can be efficiently relocated into main and extended memory as required.
  9. Has anyone else had this problem of a cart being too big to fit into the console slot? I have a Sprintmaster 2600 cart that is a full millimeter larger in width (21.3 compared to 20.3mm) and height and is too tight to fit into my recently acquired Vader console. I used to have a large collection before selling it in the 2000's, so many carts and consoles have passed through my hands over the years and have never had this happen before. Just curious if anyone else has run into this. Perhaps it's a Vader specific thing or something else. I have no idea as it's the only one I have.
  10. That must have really been eating away at you!
  11. I thought about you today. I was working on a design of a revised IO PCB (the board that has the cart socket and levers on it) and thought I need someone to test it, you up for trying it out?
  12. I know I'm in a minority (a minority of one?), but I like the TI's small caps 'lower case.' Reason being, to my eye genuine lowercase characters underscore the resolution limitations of the TI and aren't an improvement.
  13. Double Dragon: Unsure whether I land this as a 8,5/10 or 9/10. Cons: -choppy scrolling and jumps (including fly-kicks) - framerate could’ve been better, even though its ok. - levels are ‘abbreviated’ in lenght and detail Pros: everything else in the game sparkles and shines, and the action is tremendously satisfying, once you get the hang of it (which isn’t really hard). It’s a very solid port bringing the same vibe, feel and action the Arcade had to a handheld in ‘93.
  14. The computer part is not too bad of a price compared to others I seen listed in the past. The bad part with this auction is that the keyboard is for sale by itself, not included in the computer part, and at a very high price as well, which is really crazy!.
  15. Glad you came here to share that. Was there anything you did like about the Jaguar?
  16. Just so you know I just purchased another Atari 2600+ so I have an extra one. Now I’m just waiting on the Vader edition! Or whatever edition might be next!
  17. Hi all, sorry to add to the multiple threads on the subject but I'm having some issues getting an 8bitdo retro bluetooth (sega) dongle + controller working on my 800XL. I made a simple adapter (per threads here), the dongle powers and pairs w/3 (so far) controllers, but I get no action from any buttons nor pads/sticks. The dongle and controller FW are up to date, and the controllers work fine via BT w/other devices. From the many related threads there are several contradictory instructions (example: pigtail a wire from pin7/atari to pin5/8bitdo; jumper a cable from p7 to p5 AND disconnect/abandon their complements; my sega controller has always been plug and play, no adapter needed; etc etc.) that make it hard to troubleshoot. I'll try pigtailing, but any clarifications or advice would be very welcome, thanks!
  18. I'll take it! Of course I'm pitching for new product on a daily basis, but hey you got to kiss a lot of frogs till a princess appears.
  19. Hi 🙂 Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept of "WIP", but if it is "work in progress", then FlaschBier is not WIP. This is a complete and finished game.
  20. Wow! That's an impressive score. I agree, it is a very addictive game, in spite of its simplicity. It reminds me of "Up Monster" -- another super-simple but addictive game by @atari2600land. -dZ.
  21. Sorry to say it especially here but the Atari Jaguar is one of the worst consoles ever overall. Very few games and almost all of them are rubbish. It suffers what every Atari console after the 2600 suffers from and that is almost zero third party support. No matter how powerful it is as a system I would take ANY console over it. Even the Amiga CD32 has a large number of much better games. My first handheld was a Lynx which I loved and it has some awesome (to me) games like Ninja Gaiden, Blue Lightning, Rygar, California Games etc but I was always jealous of my friend who had a Game Gear because it had better games. I collect many systems and consoles, too many to list but here are a few... Atari 2600, 2600 Jr, Lynx 1 and 2, Atari XE, Atari 600, Atari 1040 STE, Amiga's, NES, Famicom, Gameboy, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, Sega Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Neo Geo AES, all Playstation models, Xbox and more which I cannot think of right now. I had a Jaguar in my collection but I sold it because the games it had were garbage and the controller was horrible too.
  22. It may sound weird but,...Not only do I agree...Because more information is always better, but this is similar to a problem I Constantly see nowadays. And that is, someone puts out an Ad/YouTube Video/Article about a new game coming out and they start by telling you all about the game WITHOUT telling you what system, what EXACT system it is for. The worst offenders here will put out a game in some retro style so you're thinking oh a new game for Atari 2600 or a new NES game, but it turns out to be for the PC, Just say PC right up front! IS this really that hard??? Another one I hate is listing the system at the END of the article....Or saying it is coming out for "Play Station" and "XBOX", when it is in fact coming out for XBOXONE S or Play Station 5!
  1. Load more activity