All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hey I just got a 16 TB SSD external hard drive for my computer, I could easily host not just every Atari file but cover the whole retro scene , I intend to do that once I get my 6 TB hard drive fixed , the drive itself is good, the connector on the board is bad, and Don has the exact same board for the drive so I may be getting all of my software back and more... the 16 TB drive apparently came from Wish in China , I spent $50 on it from a friend of mine , he swears that it did not come from Wish but is reputable , I will let everyone know in 48 hours if its reliable or now. Russ
  3. 2 issues: The Pseudo Saturn Kai was preprinted on a Sega Saturn Cartridge Slot cartridge, bought at a store, but I can't figure it out. The Dreamcast reader uses an Expansion Slot SD Card Reader and a CD-R to get the Dreamcast to access it. There are two problems with this burning. One is that some sites have them in different formats and other sites have them another formats. Some are more directly usable by computers and some are more directly usable by the original hardware. I don't know which is which or how to get it from one form to the other. The other issue is I need Mac specific instructions and all these things you talk about don't have a Mac version. I do have roxio toast for Macintosh and was wondering if that would help me get it working. I know I could get it down to 8X possibly 4X and it burns correctly... I think. I understand there are different forms of discs like PC dats discs, Mac data discs, CD music discs. What format would a Saturn Disc be considered? I would like the instructions to make it run on original Saturn hardware and Dreamcast hardware. Thankfully my internet is finally up to 50 M in 50 M out, so it won't take all day to load a disc. What format should the CD and the SD card be in respectively. I have an unformatted 512 gig micro SD card from SanDisk. Nowhere on the internet can I find Mac-specific instructions for this.
  4. I will probably go with ragtime. It has a slower, steady tempo on both channels.
  5. Not yet. I have been too wrapped up to mess with it, but I am planning to write to Roku's general counsel to inquire about the opt-out, and if things are still stuffed I am going to go to one of the news shows to see if they care.
  6. And by 1982, they were cheap enough that most families could afford one. A 400, 410 and BASIC could be had for less than $500. And they were available in mainstream stores like Target, Sears and K-Mart. At that time, they were the perfect machines for curious teens who liked video games. After the game, there were endless new things to learn from books and magazines. So many kids learned computing and programming basics with the Atari 8-bits. And they learned to read technical material by themselves, without any help, and figure things out.
  7. I misspoke. Both of my RAM boards have the D9Ks in them and I replaced it with a spare D9K. Sorry for the incorrect naming of the device.
  8. Yeah, and he even struggles with Master System and Mega Drive. Many of those games are too hard for him to get his head around. The Atari may have tough-as-nails games but they're simpler. He was teaching himself how to play Mr. Run and Jump and got to level two on his own
  9. Cosmic swarm 15 Room of doom 45 Boing 75 Fathom 10 Colecovision Spy hunter 40 Oils well with manual 60 C64 ? Maybe untested unlike the rest ghost busters with box (pretty crushed) 25 Shipping not included
  10. I only have one joystick! I shall rectify this STAT.
  11. Editorb’s kingdom for a *shudder* emoji … (doubly so because Old Lady Hilton evinces winces anyway)
  12. @Ben from Plaion You have created a monster! A small one, but still. Actually, I guess I created him...
  13. Haha awesome! Man, I'd love a new, slightly smaller SMS with HDMI. A Mega Drive too! The mini MDs were cool but I like the idea of expanding the physical library and officially rereleased games. The 7800 library is a good step though - I don't have much experience with that console and there are some neat games I'll now be able to afford!
  14. Yep, two joysticks. Although you can do all the core stuff (editing patterns and changing the tempo) with just one joystick. The second stick is for changing the synth part and muting tracks which are both sorta optional features.
  15. This website was out of my radar! Thank you very much, sir.
  16. I have a Vectrex console that works great and comes with its original box. The Vectrex is a US model made in Hong Kong. The serial numbers on the box and the console match. Also included are 7 games with their overlays. The overlay of Minestorm has some damage, and the bottom of the box seems like it has had some water damage. Other than that it is in great shape. The console itself seems to be in great shape, the screen is nice and bright and the sound is loud and crisp. Asking $800 via PayPal f&f (or goods & services + 4% fees) + shipping. USA only please with preference to the West Coast as this has a built-in CRT monitor. The console is well packaged (as seen in the photo) and ready to go. I will be shipping it insured unless you want to take the risk. This console is also being sold elsewhere.
  17. Atari couldn’t even develop their own consoles without help by that time. General Computer Corporation designed the Atari 7800. Epyx designed the Lynx. The Jaguar was mostly designed by Flare Technology, who had previously worked on the Konix, a failed attempt at a British console. Atari wasn’t even meant to be developing first party software for the Lynx. Epyx was in charge of its software but declared bankruptcy shortly after its launch, losing most of its developers. So Atari Inc had to take over, but it had little actual game design experience before the Lynx. Any game development experience Atari had before the split went with Atari Games (the arcade division). Atari Inc didn't even have a video games division for almost two years. Most of the games for Atari 7800, XEGS and Atari ST were by third parties. Any development Atari Inc actually did themselves during that period was mostly converting and modifying work done before the split. The only games I could find that were possibly fully designed by Atari Inc before the Lynx were a few light gun games. Even these were all small scale projects, mostly done by 1 or 2 people. “AAA” games at that time were usually teams of 10+ people.
  18. Some perspective here. The mod became available from Best Electronics ~15 years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20101119105730/http://best-electronics-ca.com/7800.htm Arguably, it was the first Composite mod of its time for the 7800, as it is based from the work that Atari Engineers performed ~20 years prior to that. So, it's a ~35 year old composite mod design. Best Electronics tends to keep things as close to back in the day availability/'realness' as possible. The site was one of the extremely few 7800 product offerings for a considerable number of years. That being stated, @-^CrossBow^- is meticulous and second to none in modification and repair services. He is highly recommended.
  19. Ok, I see what is most convenient with soldering which hole I use. Only thing that is kind of bothering me is that the activity / green led is on while the Atari is off. This obviously has something to do with the sio connection. I use external power. If you have it sio powered there is no possibility to have power on the sdrive only. So maybe this is normal like it is? Like I said earlier I can't remember what the activity led did on the arduino with uno2sio board that had the leds connected on that, the one I had from Gavin.
  20. +1 for ImgBurn If going the disc route it is imperative also to burn at 8X or less. Don't expect 16X speed or higher burns to work properly or at all. Sadly you'll need an older CD burner as burners made today cannot burn at lower speeds. The same goes for PS1 burns. I tried just the other day to burn Einhander at 16X with my modern PC just to see if this console can handle it, but the cinematics were a choppy mess. Went over to my P4 rig and burned it the same way (same media type) at 8X and it works smooth as butter. I don't think a lot of people realize this at all honestly. One more reason moving over to ODE' s for playing backups is just a more feasible option in today's world.
  21. Today
  22. Yeah, but just for clarity reasons, what controllers are going to be compatible with this on hardware? I'm guessing regular joysticks, which might mean I need to use two of them.
  1. Load more activity