All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I can find one: the fullscreen introduction animation is great! Also 0.5 points more for the tentative of having a zoom/unzoom dynamically on the action like a neo-geo game. Didn't work at all but they tried.
  3. Personally, i would love to see the early homebrew games covered in the book. It would be cool for people to learn about early Jaguar homebrew authors such as Bastian Schick, Matthias Domin, among others. They are pretty much the OG homebrew guys from the old days as well as Lawrence, who was working on Slam Racer for Atari before becoming one of the more renowed homebrew authors in the Jaguar scene.
  4. That may be where I have an issue then. I'm was assuming that I needed to program this sketch into the machine, so I've played around with the programmer, because upload for me wasn't persistent, at least I thought it wasn't, for after the pulling it from the laptop, it wouldn't run from just the Apedsk. I may have overwritten the boatloader. From the sketch menu after I verified and compiled the sketch I saved the compiled part to the sketch, one is called a bootloader and smaller and one called larger which must be the rest of the code. Can I take my TL866 Minipro and burn that bootloader, if so at which address should I start it. THen what address should be the start address to burn the other larger .hex file.
  5. It's pretty incredible. You download one zip file, install it on a USB thumb drive, and plug it in. That's pretty much it, apart from the one-time installation of the custom firmware which take 2 minutes to install. It works on any Flashback from 9 to the current ones (I believe the Flashback 12 Gold is the latest).
  6. I didn't know about this. It's interesting. I used to have a FB9.
  7. I forgot to ask, I'm not sure if it was a while ago that you've been, but do you remember if they said the games were tested / working, or if they have an Atari set up to test? They did have old school Nintendo's set up to test Nintendo cartridges. I'm just asking because if they don't have an Atari 2600, I may pick up a 2600+ and just bring it over there with the portable gaming setup I have (it's a battery pack that can power both the console and a 15" portable monitor I have). This way I can test cartridges on the spot. Though if they need a cleaning, that's a whole other story. ----- For those with a 2600+, I assume the power requirements are similar to a Flashback, I'll have to check. If it is, and you're ever interested in getting it portable, it's pretty awesome to be able to bring it anywhere and not worry about a power outlet. I can use the setup below for my Flashback 9 running Nexus so I can play all Atari consoles and Atari 8-bit computers, arcade games, Sega consoles, Sony Playstation, etc. on my Flashback. The guys on Atari Age (that's you @rocketfan ! ) who put this together have done some incredible work with the Flashback! (Some photos below, I know not directly related to the 2600+, but I have to give these guys credit for putting this together). Sorry for getting off-topic a bit, but I wanted to mention it in case any of you have an Flashback laying around and weren't aware it was capable of all this. Atari Consoles and 8-bit computers you can play: Bruce Lee for Atari 800: Space Harrier II on Sega Genesis: Gran Turismo on Sony Playstation: Jungle Hunt on Arcade: Gauntlet on Arcade:
  8. I'm sorry, but I agree with him and don't think it's trolling. I'm glad you and some others like the VCS 800, but it's not something good for casual usage. You have to want to tinker and be a particular type of Atari fan to get the most out of the system for the price. For 99%+ of consumers, they're better off with standard consoles and/or PCs that have far more content and are far easier to work with. As for the game, I'm definitely interested (not for my VCS 800, of course), but will wait for an eventual sale. I don't personally consider it a $30 value, but I'll definitely get it when it comes more into line with what I would like to pay.
  9. They always appear before and after but usually not during until later in the game. Maybe you just have to wait for them to pass? Maybe I'm doing that and not realizing it.
  10. It will be interesting to see how this works for a game like Super Pro Decathlon. Events like the Shot Put / Javelin / Discus all work by generating power by quickly pushing (rotating) the disc. In this case using the thumbstick.... Will be interesting to see how high the energy bar goes using this new controller.... 👍
  11. I know what is causing this, and how to fix it. The section of the manual on pfheights says there's a known issue if the first row in pfheights isn't set to 8. When I set it to 8 myself, I got a stable picture when I set it to 8 in your code. However, the other issue is that the numbers already added up to 92 instead of 88, and up to 92 after making that change. It still works like this, but it expands the size of your visible screen, so takes processing time away from your game. This is less of an issue if you don't use the score or a minikernel, however. Anyway, I suggest that you set the first pfheights entry to 8, then subtract 1 from 8 of the other lines to make the total equal 88.
  12. World Class Soccer is an abomination. The only game that really really has no redeeming quality. My personal bottom 5: - Dirty Larry (all gfx, no gameplay) - Jimmy Connors Tennis (because I really wanted a great tennis game on Lynx and its a slow, clunky mess) - Gordo (unfair, messy design) - Power Factor (boring, clunky) - World Class Soccer Dishonorable mentions: Krazy Ace, Batman, that Telegames platfomer with a guitar player
  13. I finished the Remaster version of TR2 The Golden Mask, the 1999 expansion. There are 4 levels taking place in Alaska , on a Bering Sea island. Evidently there is a 5th unlockable Las Vegas level, but I didn't unlock it. Anyway, this was a pretty fun expansion, not too hard or unfair, with a mix of new sights and some recycled enemies and some new room puzzles. Ice platforming, zip lines, Russian mines, the Furnace of the Gods level with molten golden rivers and waterfalls, and the 4th is called Kingdom featuring treetops and sasquatch. There is a final guardian who is a giant yeti creature, very very strong and fast. I reloaded and beat him several times. The toughest section for me occurred in the maze-like rooms of the mines. Lara must defeat 2 machine gun snowmobile riders, in very dark rooms, and there didn't seem to be a safe place to stand so I played cat and mouse over and over until they were finally dead. Unfortunately, there isn't much of an understandable plot - just get to the end with the Golden Mask, I guess. But then it appears Lara uses this mask to awaken the guardian, so did she actually keep it? The game abruptly ends once you kill the final guardian. Perhaps more clarity comes with the hidden Las Vegas level? My ratings of playing these remastered games, so far. The improved graphics and ability to save anytime improve the experience over the OG games. TR1 9/10 (there is a reason it was so popular, the original game is a masterpiece for its time). Unfinished Business 5/10 (something to play but not especially rewarding). TR2 8/10 (a great sequel but often too long and tedious). The Golden Mask. 7/10 (well constructed levels and a good expansion, but no story to invest you).
  14. Today
  15. I never heard of that one. Is it a sequel? Lol.
  16. *UPDATE* Atari7800_MiSTer public Release 20240423 has been made available. It contains the following updates: -SDRAM signals and timing. -Palettes. -Miscellaneous system items.
  17. skr

Serial Number

#00016429 Amazon.de pre-order MOD. RGL012 Hong Hong
  18. To boot anything other than 5.25 disk imageds you need to unhook the FloppyEMU from the motherboard and plug it into the the external smartport on the rear of the computer. Then as Chrisa850 said once you turn on the computer, if you get the Applesoft prompt, type PR#5 and that should boot the FEMU. If you get the check disk drive message press and hold open apple-control and then press and release reset, otherwise known as the three finger salute. That shoul boot the computer from the FEMU.
  1. Load more activity