All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Please add me to the waiting list.
  3. I like E.T. The Extra-Terrestial and think it is a fun game.
  4. Amazon says Bob Baffy was the sole artist. Discogs only lists one credit for him, and it was on the Midwest Collective various artists album (probably a sampler for Piko Piko Records), which looks to have been put together around 2013.
  5. I hardly can play or understand (by only following the visuals on-screen) the original Yars-games (arcade or 2600): its just messy and utterly unintutive what the heck is going on, what you’re supposed to do, and then have fun with it. Now, Yars:Recharged is a very much better take on it. 1) a short intro gives you very short turtorial as to how to complete a level. 2) the visuals are clean-cut and gives you a non-cluttered and clear gameplay-field view 3) the gameplay-levels are recharged by having the Enemy Hive/Fortress change in both shape a movement from level to level. Not often I do this, but this one is worth 10-12 bucks, if one wants to get to grips with what’s the best/better stuff this new Atari have pulled off (through SqeakyBox) so far. It manages to take what seems like a dated and a bit wierd early & experimental sci-fi space-shooter, and make it feel more like an action-shmup with game-objects that feels satisfying to both shoot and solve as in a combination of a schmup and modern bubble shooter with varying constellations to take apart. If one is interested in the question of ‘where should Atari take these old franchises - in stasis for 4 decades+’ or just get a original 2D shooter thats also fun, I can recommend using 10-12 bucks on it (unless you starve daily). It’s a good example of what direction Atari should move their older IP/franchises into in my opinion.
  6. Perfect f*^&#%g timing! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I wasn't going to post anything until I got some utility programs working on it. But it looks like it's rather pointless now. There's really no point if the CPU isn't available. 😞 The picture, below, just happened today. About 3 weeks worth of work down the can..... I guess this project is over. I was just checking out the load.com file to see if the dump was legit. It's probably not worth the time, now.
  7. "Licensed" name maybe, no way the included ROMS are, Coleco doesn't own the rights to those games. Somethings not kosher here...
  8. Are these components recommended for stock GTIA or Sophia usage case? By the looks of things the colour is way overdriven. Possibly the colour needs some attenuation. I don't think Sophia uses the tuning pot, it's just needed as the original GTIA uses internal delay taps which can have drift to achieve the phase delay where Sophia probably uses some sort of internal clock multiplier which would mean it's not required.
  9. Quote

Homebrew Idea

Look what I found while going through my old phone… A mockup, Some sprites of Malnourished Quote (ain’t he a cutie? I think I was actually going to use them for a mod of the real game) And more sprites of Quote. These are around from the time I was first wanting to make this, and I think around the time I made my account!
  10. Coming from American Gear Company: https://americangearcompany.com/ If it's priced like their other cabs, this could run about $2000! Found this video on YouTube showing a demonstration:
  11. Sorry, I cannot edit my post. Here is the correct ROM that goes with the manual. ET_Completely_Fixed_Final.bin (Thread) Suggestion: To learn the game, (using the above ROM) set the B&W/Color switch to B&W, set the left and right difficulty switches to B and choose game variation 4. Then only E.T. and Elliot will be in the game (no FBI and no scientist), and E.T. won't lose energy when he explores, and Elliot can be present when the space ship lands to pick up E.T. Once that seems easy enough, then try a more difficult setting for more challenge! Oh, and this is important - you must read the instruction manual (see previous post, above) before you play.
  12. I think the Alamagordo "fix" would have been the most elegant, if only they had dug that hole a little deeper and poured concrete. -Ben
  13. Where's the Beer Beefy?? From the Cornhole Worldwide Website - The Unofficial Rules of Cornhole: The Drinking Rule Possibly the most important unofficial rule of Cornhole: drinking is encouraged! Based on our personal cutting-edge research, we have found that drinking beer improves the skill level of Cornhole players, for the most part. It’s widely believed that drinking alcohol in moderation can improve concentration and focus (right up until it stops and does the opposite). We encourage holding a cold beer while playing Cornhole mostly for the benefit of having a counterweight in your off-hand to help balance your throws—try it, it really works!
  14. Yeah, you might have to add some beads, beans, pebbles, or other suitable bits and pieces to get a greater effect out of a single cartridge; but once that first piece of adhesive breaks free, you might as well take advantage of the Atari XE cart's extra capabilities. Might be a good idea to start a thread on additional functions of Atari XEGS carts. They're probably a lot more versatile than people actually realise.
  15. By the way, @reifsnyderb, I do not know if you had heard yet. Zilog just issued an EOL for the Z80 processor in DIP form. I am not sure how this will play out in the long term. I just checked DigiKey and the last time to buy is in June.
  16. Just wondering if you plan on designing a version of the PCB for the M153 package. Although, would it actually allow for a smaller PCB footprint?
  17. I renamed the files as you suggested and edited the all-games.ini file with the respective changes and I am happy to report that everything is working fine!
  18. I saw footage of this on YouTube. It's janky and limited in that distinct ColecoVision/MSX way, but it aims pretty high for that format, and actually looks better than the Micronics NES version in some respects. At the same time, it does illustrate that the CV wasn't capable of keeping up with the gaming trends of the mid 1980s, particularly scrolling.
  19. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTD1L2P6 Ok, I just bought one... no idea why, but I did. Anyone know what songs are on it? haha...
  20. Any chance of showing up at the AtariAge store?
  21. I own the stock too... NOT because I think it's necessarily a good investment, but because I don't mind giving a little something to my favorite company. Honestly, you would have to consider it a long-term investment. I think I bought like 5 grand of Atari stock. Because the buy is so low, it fluctuates wildly. I either double my money, or lost half of it repeatedly throughout the week, haha. As far as Atari long term, I think they're fairly solid. The prospectus isn't great, but it seems like the CEO/majority owner has his own funds to purchase it outright. If he's willing to put his family's money on the line, I don't mind doing the same for keeping alive what I grew up with.
  22. Haha, yep with dozens of those rattling atari xegs cartrides, you can certainly do sose great samba dances with it😁
  1. Load more activity