All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, I assumed you were speaking relative to some of the less-capable emulators. OK, so I guess you tried it on real hardware to for comparison. I should have at least posted a video of some decent emulation for it. This video doesn't say in the comments, but I'm pretty sure this is Altirra running it. There are some other videos where Altirra is being used too. Anyway, thanks for taking time to test Instrumentarium out.
  3. Cool. Upload some pics and tell us which make and model. I love my svideo enabled crts, although at present they aren't hooked up as my hercules svideo cable has died. 😭
  4. Okay, so for music, I changed my Bandcamp URL.

Probably broke some links though.

Anyhow... https://okcheez.bandcamp.com/music

5. Awesome. I'll check into buyee. It's pretty easy to setup? Yeah, it's whack for sure. I found a Neo Geo CD for a reasonable price that didn't have video output. I found about the inductors that when burnt, don't allow the video signal. Sure enough, it works great after those are replaced. I've thought about just adding some barrel jacks for 10v and 5v on the back of the console. That's basically what I used to test. I learned that swapping the voltages leaves no negative impact either, it just won't work. Must be some sort of under/over voltage protection in the circuit.
  6. happy new baseball season, fellow teenagers. in honor of this event i have created a simulation. unfortunately i ran out of time for balls and strikes and outs. there are no players or fans or umps, or graphics or sounds, or extra innings. but there is a scoreboard. as in real baseball, all of the magic happens in line 29. may all of our teams be above .500 thank you
  7. It's the last day to get this done as tomorrow is the reveal day! I've just implemented sound into the game. Is it good sound? No. Is it good-enough-for-now-sound? Yes! It's just a very basic sound engine that I can improve upon later as I progress with the game. It gives enough feedback to what's happening on the screen. When you do something good, there's a good sound. When you do something bad, there's a bad sound! 🙂 I'll continue to work on the game until tonight as I still need to fix the score kernel. It's kind of doing what I want, it's almost there, but it's not displaying quite right. I'll have to step through the code to see where it's going wrong but I think I can fix it in time for tomorrow. I also would like to change one of the hardware based collisions to a software based one. I think I can do it fairly easily but we'll see, there are two very different data tables that need to be compared. It's not the end of the world if I can't get that implemented in time for tomorrow. - James 20240328 Build: ✓ Basic Sound
  8. So I bought a monitor (not a TV) that has S-video input. Much, much better.
  9. Absolutely. This demo and my favourite, Rewind, blew me away when I saw them. Amazing coding.
  10. Dear friends, Time is of the essence, and many things are awaiting me in real life. I waited for friends from the local market to find the crystals, but nobody could find them. They told me they are ancient! Like me, hehehe... So today, I ordered the critical crystal 14,187 (20 pieces, costing about 17 euros mostly for shipping) from a business store in Poland using a business account. Now, I am waiting again. This is the most boring part of the repairs, unfortunately. Additionally, I must change the three axial caps in the power input part of the board. I will also try using a good quality PSU (5V 3A or 5A) to ensure stability because 4.7V in C2 is not ideal when providing 5.3 volts at 2A in the input socket. I'm unsure if I should check all the DRAMs now by making sockets and changing them with the good ones that I have plenty of. I will prioritize solving the the crystal and power problems first and then assess the situation. TZJB, well done! You have a very good power input! What caps did you put? Are they of the same characteristics as the factory ones, and what brands and ESR? I didn't manage to make a valid caps order, but I will make it ASAP.
  11. The power supply SAG offers is unfortunately out of stock. I never owned any of the CD Neo Geo models. Why the heck would they move to that strange proprietary connector? I always assumed it took the same barrel type as the AES. Learn something new every day!
  12. On behalf of the OP -- thank you for responding.
  13. I have the same experience 😞
  14. If I buy this thing and find flaws, I'm gonna be like JPF997!!!!!
  15. Been playing Marauder again. Love the game mechanics on this game ,when you don't always see enemies because of walls...
  16. Just to complete the info - Sophia 2 also has the vgate option, but also does not always cut everything I'd imagine to be cut. Another example to test, One screen I remember where I could imagine vgate in action is the PoP title screen. And another one is IK EE.
  17. Ideally 1080p and higher is needed for scan lines, gives the ability to show adaptive scan lines, where the brighter the video, the more compressed together are the dark scanlines. Then there’s emulating the shadow mask for another level of realism. probably requires more cpu time to do the video filtering than to emulate the 2600.
  18. Ah yes, it's very intentional. Allows you to bring more tones and potentially colours into a portrait, and works really well for skin tones in my experience. If you view that particular image on a good CRT it looks great. I can't take credit for the practice of creating a destination image in RC, then stopping and restarting the conversion, using it as the source image. But I think I have added to the process by ramping up the dithering twice, hence the double dithering. Like all RC images it's all about experimenting. There is no right or wrong. Just experimentation to see what works with individual images. Double dithering won't work with all images. I am really glad that ilmenit is getting back into his amazing creation, and that the likes of Sheddy and Drpeter, etc are contributing. RC is such a game changer and so many people are hooked. I've been hooked for a good 3years, and the images Atari8man2004 is constantly generating are amazing, as well as others of course. The fact we have RC images in international karate RCX, and hopefully we'll see them in other games, is fantastic.
  19. My Auto Racing Update: Track 2 - Tan Car - 6:19 (UPDATED) Track 3 - Red Car - 7:26 Track 4 - Green Car - 9:33 (UPDATED) Total Time Elapsed = 23 minutes and 18 seconds...
  20. The CC3 doesn't support Mattel/Ecs type bankswitching. It does have it's own type of bankswitching. If you look at the rom file it created, you might find that it is significantly smaller than the source. That's because it drops the paged rom sections.
  21. I will test your file! My comment was primarely based on the libretro 800 core used in the Gamestation Pro and many homebrew images for various systems like the Flashback 10. That one sounds awfull compared to the 400 mini. Edit: tried your xex-file. I agree that real hardware sounds better, but compared to other "cheap" emulation systems it is not the worst I have heard In my opinion this system is a nice way to play games, but will not be a good replacement for a real Atari 8-bit computer. It is intended for the casual player who already got rid of their Atari 8-bit computer many years ago. The 400 mini has too many problems to be a serious Atari 8-bit computer for us die hard A8-users
  22. Scanlines are difficult to do and get perfect. Different TV's/resolution. For instance, I prefer playing carts on my retron 5 with no filters and scanlines. My Evercade, definitely scanlines off. Atari 2600 games no. 7800 games probably would benefit.
  23. Hey Anthony, I have been meaning to chime in! Congrats on the thread anniversary! 1403 pages and 10 years is quite an achievement as well as a testament to how much the Neo-Geo is loved
  24. Making Lemonade, my 1.0 boards had a mistake which I was able to salvage and turn into the INTV to Flashback adapters.. lol These 2.0 boards were corrected and function as needed for property Flashback to INTV conversion.
  1. Load more activity