All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nah, it is a hack. Carrier bought the rights to the game and had the graphics altered. You are now an HVAC repairman going after drops of sweat.
  3. There is a "bug" in this game that if you zig-zag constantly when having ball possession, the CPU cannot figure out how to get the ball including the goalie. This game is probably the least favorite in my collection, but I got this game the same year as the World Cup in 1994 and played the hell out of it during that cup. I tried to come up with a list of 5, but apparently I mainly have the good games of the Lynx.. can't think past Batman and World Class Soccer, and even these games gave me so much joy back in the days.
  4. While parker brothers did released cool & exciting games for many systems with games such as popeye Frogger erc,,, BUT what bugs me is that they don’t tell on their cartrides for wich system it belongs to, may ask WHY??? Because each cartride just looks similar in design & shape, unless you pay attention and do remember each shape from each parker brothers cartride for each system, it’s otherwise very very hard to distinguish them from each other, last time I wanted to buy an atari 400 cartride of popeye but that person who sold it just couldn’t tell for wich system it belongs to, it said in it’s title ‘unknown mysterious cartride looks like a atari 400/800 cartride’ so i suckered in buying it not realising that he didn’t know for wich system it belongs to because i only payed my attention out of hastyness on the those words ‘atari 400/800’ in the title (hahaha), but once i looked again in my emails i than did realze that it said those words ‘unknown and mysterious’in it’s tile as well, i was like ‘huh what are they talking about’ i just couldn’t believe my eyes, so i decided to compare that ‘mysterious’ cartride and just hope that he had it right, but sadly i found out that it is ment for the C64, so once i recieved that cartride i shipped it back to that person and told him that it is ment for the C64 and so he rectified that and now he sells it again and so i got my money back and so i found it oke that we had solved that problem, BUT it clearly goes to show how confusing it could be because once i readed all those cartride lables from each version of popeye etc,, it says nowhere to wich system it belongs to, WHY??? heck am already amazed that even on the game pakage of atari 2600 sky skippier ( as opposed on it’s cartride label) that it does not say nintendo anywhere on the box, wich is just weird, it could,ve otherwise attract more nintendo fans to buy that game it case they don’t know it’s from nintendo, if parker brothers just used some extra inkt to print out to wich system their games belongs to it would,ve save lots of frustrations and confusion among buyers and sellers. Well i finally do got my copy of popeye for the atari 400, but still trough who ever triught that because of some essential missing information on it’s box and/or cartride label that it could cause sooo much confusion to wich system it belong to,phew🤣
  5. That makes sense. If the right button is pressed, it uses a resistor to change the paddle output reading. How is this wired for the ST to read the button? So from above: Left/Right: two bits of the joystick direction cycle through a pattern; read it fast to determine which direction it's moving. Up/Down: the other two bits of the joystick direction; same pattern. Left button: Joystick trigger? Right button with mod: left paddle value Right button without mod: ??? (I'm guessing right paddle wire in a way that isn't readable on an 8-bit.) As to reading the joystick directions, is a VBI driver fast enough (reading every 50th or 60th of a second)? That would seem to be the logical place for it.
  6. We do not know for sure if Atari picked up Super Challenge Football in its M Network acquisition. Although I think we can safely assume that all three M Network sports games were included in the "over dozen dozen" games. Now even if Atari did get the Super Challenge Football rights, I do not know if that gives Atari the rights to make a new game with that title. I do have a suggestion for your videos that could really make them pop. If you began and ended each video with a big ole "War Eagle," I think your videos would do better.
  7. I will have to look at the Flashback mod. I have one laying around, just not sure what version it is.
  8. They did not have a 2600 set up when I was there. I prefer to clean my carts before plugging them in to the Plus, and the way they have them stored there, they definitely needed a cleaning. Not sure if you want clean them while you're over there. All of the carts I got from them worked once cleaned, and if you buy more then 10, they'll let you have them for $3 a piece.
  9. @r_chase Whoa thanks for mentioning Power Pill Fist. I'm a big fan of Black Moth Super Rainbow and Tobacco yet somehow wasn't aware of PPF. Right up my alley. You can definitely get crunchy noisy beats with vcsbeatbox and all kinds of janky sounds out of the synth part. I plan to make a demo video soon...
  10. Well the green / activity led is off when there is power on the Atari. When only the Sdrive has power the green led is on. If this is ok and can't do any harm it is no problem for me. It does blink on activity / loading a game. Here is a photo of both Arduinos. The one on the left is the working one and the one on the right is the one I tested on earlier. Both boards seems identical but only the text next to the second and third hole from top on the left are different. I tried both IOREF and 5v and they both act the same. I marked the 3 holes I used and which are the same in the instruction video. What is wise to do on the left Arduino?
  11. That's cool. but a bit of a pain. 👍 I also don't want to mess around with utilities. It should just have the correct set of ranges on the 400 Mini. They really should have gotten people involved that know the Atari 8-bit line well.
  12. I can find one: the fullscreen introduction animation is great! Also 0.5 points more for the tentative of having a zoom/unzoom dynamically on the action like a neo-geo game. Didn't work at all but they tried.
  13. Personally, i would love to see the early homebrew games covered in the book. It would be cool for people to learn about early Jaguar homebrew authors such as Bastian Schick, Matthias Domin, among others. They are pretty much the OG homebrew guys from the old days as well as Lawrence, who was working on Slam Racer for Atari before becoming one of the more renowed homebrew authors in the Jaguar scene.
  14. That may be where I have an issue then. I'm was assuming that I needed to program this sketch into the machine, so I've played around with the programmer, because upload for me wasn't persistent, at least I thought it wasn't, for after the pulling it from the laptop, it wouldn't run from just the Apedsk. I may have overwritten the boatloader. From the sketch menu after I verified and compiled the sketch I saved the compiled part to the sketch, one is called a bootloader and smaller and one called larger which must be the rest of the code. Can I take my TL866 Minipro and burn that bootloader, if so at which address should I start it. Then what address should be the start address to burn the other larger .hex file.
  15. It's pretty incredible. You download one zip file, install it on a USB thumb drive, and plug it in. That's pretty much it, apart from the one-time installation of the custom firmware which take 2 minutes to install. It works on any Flashback from 9 to the current ones (I believe the Flashback 12 Gold is the latest).
  16. I didn't know about this. It's interesting. I used to have a FB9.
  17. I forgot to ask, I'm not sure if it was a while ago that you've been, but do you remember if they said the games were tested / working, or if they have an Atari set up to test? They did have old school Nintendo's set up to test Nintendo cartridges. I'm just asking because if they don't have an Atari 2600, I may pick up a 2600+ and just bring it over there with the portable gaming setup I have (it's a battery pack that can power both the console and a 15" portable monitor I have). This way I can test cartridges on the spot. Though if they need a cleaning, that's a whole other story. ----- For those with a 2600+, I assume the power requirements are similar to a Flashback, I'll have to check. If it is, and you're ever interested in getting it portable, it's pretty awesome to be able to bring it anywhere and not worry about a power outlet. I can use the setup below for my Flashback 9 running Nexus so I can play all Atari consoles and Atari 8-bit computers, arcade games, Sega consoles, Sony Playstation, etc. on my Flashback. The guys on Atari Age (that's you @rocketfan ! ) who put this together have done some incredible work with the Flashback! (Some photos below, I know not directly related to the 2600+, but I have to give these guys credit for putting this together). Sorry for getting off-topic a bit, but I wanted to mention it in case any of you have an Flashback laying around and weren't aware it was capable of all this. Atari Consoles and 8-bit computers you can play: Bruce Lee for Atari 800: Space Harrier II on Sega Genesis: Gran Turismo on Sony Playstation: Jungle Hunt on Arcade: Gauntlet on Arcade:
  18. I'm sorry, but I agree with him and don't think it's trolling. I'm glad you and some others like the VCS 800, but it's not something good for casual usage. You have to want to tinker and be a particular type of Atari fan to get the most out of the system for the price. For 99%+ of consumers, they're better off with standard consoles and/or PCs that have far more content and are far easier to work with. As for the game, I'm definitely interested (not for my VCS 800, of course), but will wait for an eventual sale. I don't personally consider it a $30 value, but I'll definitely get it when it comes more into line with what I would like to pay.
  19. They always appear before and after but usually not during until later in the game. Maybe you just have to wait for them to pass? Maybe I'm doing that and not realizing it.
  20. It will be interesting to see how this works for a game like Super Pro Decathlon. Events like the Shot Put / Javelin / Discus all work by generating power by quickly pushing (rotating) the disc. In this case using the thumbstick.... Will be interesting to see how high the energy bar goes using this new controller.... 👍
  21. I know what is causing this, and how to fix it. The section of the manual on pfheights says there's a known issue if the first row in pfheights isn't set to 8. When I set it to 8 myself, I got a stable picture when I set it to 8 in your code. However, the other issue is that the numbers already added up to 92 instead of 88, and up to 92 after making that change. It still works like this, but it expands the size of your visible screen, so takes processing time away from your game. This is less of an issue if you don't use the score or a minikernel, however. Anyway, I suggest that you set the first pfheights entry to 8, then subtract 1 from 8 of the other lines to make the total equal 88.
  1. Load more activity