IGNORED

Items for Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil

Sr. Ferraz

Dear Rom,

I believe that with these informations the community will know that Brazil manufactured many items for Atari 2600 with great variety.

The company "Dismac" was famous here for the manufacture calculators.

The company "Dynacom" still manufactures items for videogames type "NES".

The company "Polyvox" was very famous for manufacturing equipments of audio.

The "Polyvox" later was sale for the company "Gradiente" that exists until today.

Dear Rom,

I believe that with these informations the community will know that Brazil manufactured many items for Atari 2600 with great variety.

The company "Dismac" was famous here for the manufacture calculators.

The company "Dynacom" still manufactures items for videogames type "NES".

The company "Polyvox" was very famous for manufacturing equipments of audio.

The "Polyvox" later was sale for the company "Gradiente" that exists until today.

1022011[/snapback]

Yes Sr. Ferraz, and Dismac also manufactured Apple compatible computers.

Dynacom still sells Nes consoles! Today you still can buy a incredible "Dynavision 4" brandnew "in a shopping nearest from you" ... :P

Pontual-Harry.

Dear friend Pontual-Harry,

You are correct, I didn't remember to comment that the "Dismac" manufactured some items for old computers.

Thank you for remembering.

Dear friend Rom,

It's a pleasure to help you and the community of AtariAge.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The name "Zirok" was used in cartridges for Atari 2600 and ColecoVision.

I placed an announcement about an item manufactured for the "Digitel" similar to Supercharger, the name is "Digigame K7".

"Telegame" is the name of an equipment similar to the Supercharger however it "reads" and " loads" the game for the telephonic line.

It had a promotion in the 80's that the person could gain a console of Atari with 3 cartridges. The promotion was of a manufacturer of 'chiclete' with name "Ploc". This manufacturer had another promotion with 'figurinhas' (album with figures) about Atari 2600.

I added an ads with a 'competition' (promotion) promoted by the manufacturer "Canal 3" and the magazine "Micro & Video" (November/1983).

The name of the promotion was "Campeão do Mês" ("Champion of the Month").

The 'paddle' control of "Dynacom" is very different.

Plus some photos:

post-7030-1140675364_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675434_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675555_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675626_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675699_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675745_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140675787_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140676950_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140676995_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140677095_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1140677139_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1216699393_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1216699439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

Nice ads, Sr. Ferraz!

BTW: What exactly is Ploc and what does this ad say?

8)

1022969[/snapback]

Dear Rom,

Sorry, "Ploc" is a very popular chewing gum in Brazil. Winners would be chosen through a draw, but to be able to compete, participants should first make up a slogan for the chewing gum and mail it together with 5 wrappings of Ploc of any flavor.

The translation is:

PLOC gives you 150 Atari Systems with 3 cartridges each.

Make up a phrase or a slogan about Ploc, get 5 wrappings of Ploc chewing gum of any flavors and send to "Ploc Super Contest": P.O.Box 62.571 Zip code 01000 Sao Paulo. And compete for 150 Atari Systems with 3 cartridges each. Send as many letters as you want to.

My friend Fernando of Tupã (São Paulo) helped me in the correct translation.

In your site, the last announcement that is written "Videogame Atari Made In Brazil" is of the manufacturer "Dynacom" and not "Video Game" as it is there.

Below another announcement from Polyvox:

post-7030-1140817378_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hope I'm not the only one here who think's it's awesome that so many Brazillians are taking an active part in the Atari community. They are helping solve a lot of mysteries and fill in a lot of holes that would have otherwise remained unanswered. :thumbsup:

I've archived this thread for personal reference as it contains more relevant information about non-US carts than most other threads here.

I love those paddle controllers with the suction cups!  Those would be great for Marble Craze! :lust:

1023989[/snapback]

Dear friend,

The manufacturers "Dismac" and "Milmar" (or "Dactar") also had interesting models of paddle, very different.

One of them has the handle (wire) of joystick in format spiral type used in old telephones.

Thank you for the interest.

Sr Ferraz,im very Proud of it.And Telegame´s Device was very"avant garde",games´s Downloads on line,years before public internet.Sorry about my"naive"question but,That cart is such a kind of modem  isn it?

1024107[/snapback]

Dear friend,

The first commercial modem appeared in 60's (AT & T).

In 1979 the "Hayes" manufactured the first modem for microcomputers.

This device must have used an old modem as well as the old computers MSX, Apple and others. In the announcement appears the image of modem.

Thank you for interest !

I hope I'm not the only one here who think's it's awesome that so many Brazillians are taking an active part in the Atari community.  They are helping solve a lot of mysteries and fill in a lot of holes that would have otherwise remained unanswered. :thumbsup:

I've archived this thread for personal reference as it contains more relevant information about non-US carts than most other threads here.

1024119[/snapback]

Dear friend sku_u,

It's a pleasure to supply information for all the community of the AtariAge about items manufactured for Atari 2600.

I'm very happy that a person as you also has interest im my topic. :)

I can place scans of all 'end labels' and boxes to add in database of AtariAge. Informs me if you will have interest.

I go to also place some scans of manuals.

Thank you very much.

Your friend of Brazil,

Helio Ferraz

Below is a conversation on #rgvc between a Brazilian collector and myself from 8 years ago, which ultimately led to me getting one of the Brazilian Telegame modems. It contains some nice information about this beast :cool:

Cheers,

Marco

<Marco> So, tell me, how did this thing work?

<Brazil> you had to call a phone central, and ask for a game, and then they uploaded it to your modem and then to your supercharger-like cart

<Brazil> these machines were rented, and when the service ended, you had to return them. They they converted the cart to standard superchargers, and the modems were used with Apple computers. So I dunno how this one escaped and was left intact

<Marco> Did it work like the Gameline?

<Brazil> That had a menu, didn't it? The telegame was like this:

<Brazil> 1) you pick up the phone, call to Sao Paulo (a VERY expensive call - one of its faults)

<Brazil> 2) say "hi chick, I want to play X-man"

<Brazil> 3) she says "you can play 10 times (or so). Turn on your modem"

<Brazil> 4) then the game is downloaded to the cartridge exactly like the supercharger

<Marco> That cart is the same as a regular supercharger?

<Brazil> Yeah, it looks the same, but the internal circuitry is a little bit different to the SC cart itself, but they were able to modify the returned units to standard SC units (which was another big flop)

<Marco> do you know which games were available?

<Brazil> every game that was available to Canal3's Supercharger tapes (mainly atari, activision and imagic stuff)

<Marco> do you know when the service went dead?

<Brazil> in 85 or 86 i think

<Brazil> it ran on Apple IIs, I remember

<Brazil> there's no manual because there was a tv show on a major tv channel that used to explain the numbers, how it worked, etc, but nobody gave much attention to it... it was a flop

<Marco> What does it look like?

<Brazil> you'll notice that the modem is all white, and the top cover is black

<Brazil> with a telegame label on it

<Brazil> on the bottom you'll see "embracom" who produced it

<Brazil> the whole thing comes in a 007 like briefcase (made of carton) and the modem itself comes in a box

<Brazil> there's a simple 1 page manual to connect it

<Brazil> and a binder to put anotations, tips, etc

<Marco> Tell me some more

<Brazil> so i scanned just the middle of the briefcase, where it locks

<Brazil> it's just like the briefcases the kids uses to go to school

<Brazil> oh and there's a handle on this briefcase to carry it

<Brazil> and on the handle is a piece of paper that says:

<Brazil> "top secret: this briefcase have files with confidential information about powerful enemies, instructions and adequate weapons to kill them. Because it's so important, should be only delivered to the person indicated on the rear (of this card), which is trained to solve the case quicly !

<Brazil> on the rear is the name of my mate, his address, the contract and code to access the central, a telegame logo and the phrase "this briefcase contains the secret of the biggest telegames players! direct line with the fun!"

<Brazil> on that small manual (to connect to the telly and the phone line) there's still the spare fuse sent by embracom !!!

<Brazil> When you insert the cart and turn on the console a Telegame title screen appears, followed by a white screen appears, with big orange blocky letters: "APERTE O BOTAO DO MODEM", which means press the modem's button.

Below I placed some propagandas (announcements)

of magazines of 80's about items from Atari.

The text is in Portuguese therefore is from Brazil.

Some announcements have the list with name of games manufactured for the company.

I don't know if all the games had been manufactured.

"saves" the photos in the computer and later it "opens" for better quality.

In 1985 a store that worked with photograph and video products ("Limafoto") also sale and rented cartridges of Atari.

It had a Club of Video Game called "Atari Age".  :D 

The announcement has some texts in English as: "From The Atari Club To You..!" and "A Special Invitation".

The archives are great for better visualization.

I wait that they appreciate.

1021930[/snapback]

Did you see the paddles on a joystick body?!? AWESOME STUFF!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi friends !

Marco,

Thank you for the informations, they are important to know more about the "Telegame".

HP Atari King of Michigan and Omegatrix,

Thanks.

I forgot to comment that in the announcement of the "Robby" it appears another interesting model of paddles (Robby Paddles).

crunchysuperman,

Thank you very much, I am happy that you it's appreciating.

:arrow: Thanks a lot ! Excellent weekend !

* The cartridges of manufacturer "J.F." have one or two games.. They have a key in the lateral to select the game.

The image in photo of the box is similar of front label from the cartridge of manufacturer "Digivision".

I also placed photos from other models of front label. This manufacturer also has a small box (paper).

The two boxes of paper are sealed with plastic. (no game)

List of games:

* 2 in 1:

> Megamania / River Raid

> Mr. Postman / Pac Man

> Soccer / Volley Ball

> Pele's Soccer / Atlantis

> Battle Zone / Zaxxon

> Buck Rogers / Phoenix

> Lazer Gates / Bowling

> Time Pilot / Smurf Rescue

> Tennis / Bowling

> Super River Raid / Megamania II

> Frogger / Freeway

> Volley Ball / Baskett

>> Moon Patrol / Super Tennis

* One game:

> Video Pinball

:arrow:

* The cartridges that I have of the manufacturer "Tecmagic" are with one, two & four games.

The box of paper is small (size of the cartridge). The selector key of the game is in lateral. The three plastic boxes of the cartridges have differences.

List of games:

* 4 in 1:

> Combat / Space Attack / Command Raid / Grand Prix (4 x 1 Prata, number 9)

> Moon Patrol / Smurf / Star Trek / Super Soccer

>> Chopper Command / Demon Attack / Flash Gordon / Dragon Fire (4 x 1 Prata, number 28)

>> Fantastic Voyage / Atlantis / Command Raid / Condor Attack (4 x 1 Prata, number 29)

* 2 in 1:

> Keystone Keppers / Tennis

> River Raid / Seaquest

> Dragon Fire / Grand Prix

> Gremlins / Football

> Volley / Tron

> Phoenix / Swordquest

* One game:

> Bobe Volta Para Casa (Bobby is going home)

> Super River Raid / Megamania II

> Keystone Keppers / Megamania

> Super Tennis / Blue Print

> E.T. / Snoopy

:arrow:

* The cartridges with name "Zirok" have silver labels. (end-type aluminum / front-type paper)

The cartridge with the game "Tennis" has different label.

Interesting detail: In the initial screen of the game "Keystone Keypers" (written name) appears in TV "Zirok > > > Ind. Brasileira". (see photo)

During the game appears in the TV "Zirok".

Ind. Brasileira = Indústria Brasileira = Brazilian industry or 'Made in Brazil'.

In the game 'Tennis' appears in the TV "Zirok".

The manual (instructions) is simple and small.

List of games:

> Enduro

> Fire Ball

> Gopher

> Keystone Keypers

> Moon Patrol

> Planet Patrol

> Popeye

> Q*Bert

> River Raid

>> Robot Tank

> Soccer