IGNORED

Arcade 'Ms. Pac-Man Plus' hack

PacManPlus

Hello all:

This was the hack I was referring to in the 'Ms. Hack-Em' thread in the 2600 hacks section. It is Ms. Pac-Man, but with all of the differences that Pac-Man Plus applied to Pac-Man. It plays as 'mspacmab' (Ms. Pac-Man bootleg) in MAME.

Dav did most of the work here, while I made changes to the graphics to match the 'Plus' game, added the 3200 point table & graphic, and changed the maze colors.

Enjoy!

BTW, the fruit is out of order for 'color' reasons.

MSPACMAB.ZIP

post-1787-1152757221_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1152757229_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1152757236_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1152757243_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

Hello all:

This was the hack I was referring to in the 'Ms. Hack-Em' thread in the 2600 hacks section. It is Ms. Pac-Man, but with all of the differences that Pac-Man Plus applied to Pac-Man. It plays as 'mspacmab' (Ms. Pac-Man bootleg) in MAME.

Dav did most of the work here, while I made changes to the graphics to match the 'Plus' game, added the 3200 point table & graphic, and changed the maze colors.

Enjoy!

So when are you releasing the 5200/7800 version?

:)

-Jeff

• 2 months later...

funny you should mention that... ;)

I'm working on a project which should take me a couple of months, but if it gets done the was I am envisioning, it will be pretty cool :)

BTW, Thanks for the compliments :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

• 1 year later...
Hello all:

Enjoy!

I have an actual Miss pacman + mother board w the actual miss packman + roms in it and a special daughter board.

it starts out on a weird maze and has diet cola blunts and differnt fruit..

anyway I can send a picture if it lets me

Edited by awace

Interesting....

Those are the mazes from Ms. Pac-Attack, with the 'Plus' graphics. It's also interesting that they put the 'Bread' in the exact same spot that I did ;)

Thanks for the pics :)

Does eating the fruit turn the monsters blue?

Bob

Yes it is a real pacman pcb w a canadian mother board i got when i bid on two bad non working as is pac-man midway pcbs on

ebay I decided to rob the roms to see what the 5e+ 5f+ ment then replaced ones on board then found out it changed the pacman into mspacman but game was still pacman!!!!!!! then i put 5e 5f in backwards!!!! this caused the whole game to boot into japaneese graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this blew me away then i put them back and decided to see what happend if i removed all other roms exept for the 5e+ and 5f+ roms and it almost changed it to mspacman but was screwey then i deciced to install the weird daughter board witch came w it and viola i got miss pacman plus © 1982/1983 MIDWAY ..

then i got interested in © so i looked in the pattents and found MIDWAY made miss packman plus namco NOT FOR HIRE... meaning it was an all MIDWAY HACK NO NAMCO INVOLVED since it was a MIDWAY PCB MIDWAY COULD NOT GET SUED but anyway i think NAMCO JUST TOLD MIDWAY DONT EVEN THINK OF IT so they probably stopped and instead made more galaga cabinets ... anyway yes they turn red and then blink red blue before turning back into monsters.. also the game is way harder w out a original pacman cabinet control the one i have w switches is way harder but still works.. the mazes are exactly the same as the nintendo mame version you speak of but this one has the correct fruit.. also i saw a artical of a real machine on google but never saw a actuall machine but still am happy i own one ..

PS.. one day two years ago my cousin was over and i was showing off and changed from pacman to MISS PACMAN + and blew up one of the 5f chips this sucked finnaly about 1 year later asking everyone on ebay about making a rom and i finnaly found someone who knew exacltly wtf I was talking about and got a replacement rom... I like the version you have If you want a copy of the one i have i could give you the 5f 5e roms but I dont know weather the daughter board wouuld be same i think its differnt!!!!!!!!! but that dont prevent me from copying the roms on the dut board!. anyway mabie if you had the original code you could steal the fruit but I tried it with switching one of the 5f or 5e chips and the fruit goes back to normal..

you still did a good job.

I can send more pics if you want. here only problem is its 35,000 or 65,000 for extra mspacman that sucks.

Edited by awace

• 1 month later...

CHECK OUT MY pm TO YOU i GOT new MS PACMAN PCB W dut BOARD real MS PACMAN NOW I HAVE

PAC-MAN Ms.PAC-MAN AND MISS PACMAN PLUS ALL Midway versions.

I would like to try to run a 2600 maze in a real cabinet I still have a pacmame cd rom burn w PACnam6 and age editor i dont under stand the key to the way the maze is represented in the age editor but someone knows what those chunks represent and can make pacman mazes just as easly as a pole postistion construction set witch STILL EXISTS in LEIBERMAN COMPANYS 's

MUSIC ARCADE eepromming room! .... they also have a Asteroids I dont know if it has been GOLD PLATED YET..

they could do that WE in Minnesota have a lot of Atari and other pcbs to reclaim the GOLD off of like 386 chips are PURE gold pins!.

atari carts mostly have gold plating on them .

the game I like the best by atari is DELUXE asteroids cause the sound is from the 800 its coool.

fire truck was cool but hard to steer . space war was cool and the sit down space game w the airplane yoke was the coolest game ever but the yokes broke and operators wanted room big mistake i would have kept it but you know one bad coin counter will blow up every game hooked to it including super breakout or pong.

PONG is the only HOME game you can add a quarter slot to and not start game untill you insert coin cause the start button is on when you turn game on and it opens the connection unhooking button to start game and when the quarter lets go of the credit it starts its cool.

I almost forgot fruit is miss pacman plus uneque and the ghosts are normal untill eaten they grow apple leafs on there heads and change back instantly to chomp on you if they SEE you durning when u eat that power pill it changes back fast its cool.

I would like to see some 2600 ports of miss packman{+

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry for bumping such an ancient thread, but while I was gone from here I have learned graphic design skills in Adobe Illustrator. I designed a marquee for this hack and thought I may as well post it here now that I am back. :) I got one printed, solvent inkjet laminated to plexiglass sized to 9"x23", the standard Pac-Man size if you'd like to see it. Pardon the huge picture. If you would like, PacManPlus, I'll send the file to you at no charge as a tip of my hat to your work.

post-35638-0-88214900-1369241327_thumb.jpg

post-35638-0-07886100-1369241533_thumb.jpg

Edited by JrPac
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

17 years later, and this is still one of the best Ms. Pac-Hacks of all time. This legit feels like what it would've been like if Midway ever made a "plus" version of Ms. Pac-Man.

Awhile ago, me and a friend made a mockup spritesheet of what a J2ME port would've been like, in the same vein as Plus Mobile. There's a few errors that I overlooked unfortunately, and it's especially noticeable on the control panel.

(Yea I know the cherry limeade and white grapes were color errors, but I really liked how they looked so I just rolled with it.)

ms pac-plus sprites v3.png

Edited by CosmicToons