IGNORED

File Attachment Support Added

Albert

We just finished adding a mod that allows you to attach files to individual messages. There are many times when attaching one or more files to a message is extremely useful, especially if you don't have any public web space where you can post files for others to download. When you compose a message, you'll see a new "Add an Attachment" section at the bottom of the page. From here you can attach one or more files to your message. These attachments will then be visible in your message, and can be easily downloaded. Files can also be attached to private messages.

I tested this a bit before applying it to the live forum, but it's a fairly complex mod so if anyone sees any problems please let me know!

Enjoy!

..Al

Any size limitations? And is it possible to attach a picture that is then displayed inside the post?

Yes, I presently have the maximum size set to 1MB for most filetypes, which I think is sufficient. Anything larger and people should contact us directly if they want the file(s) hosted on our server. Any images you attach will automatically be shown inline.

BTW: I also like the new print button position on the right side. :thumbsup:

Yes, I like it better there also. It will soon be accompanied by an "Email Topoic" button, that lets you email a topic to someone. :)

..Al

This is a lovely little feature which is great when you´re nice a responsible. But the thing is everybody is not, no, they like to post banners and other crap that can be seen on other, inferior ;) , forums. Q: Will there be some guidelines here?

This is a lovely little feature which is great when you´re nice a responsible. But the thing is everybody is not, no, they like to post banners and other crap that can be seen on other, inferior ;) , forums. Q: Will there be some guidelines here?

This is not the same thing as adding a graphic to your signature, which we will not allow here. I agree that those are annoying and cut into the flow of messages when you're trying ot read a thread.

This mod is only for files that you want to attach to a particular message. For instance, say you're a 2600 programmer and you want to attach some source code and a binary. Before you'd have to first upload it to some web space (if you have any) and then include a link to it. Now you can simply upload the files right from within the message and they will be available for download for anyone who reads your message. Plus, the software keeps track of how many downloads each attachment receives. :)

..Al

This is cool. And so simple to use, a computer illiterate like myself can use it. I may actually post a picture of myself, if can find someone who will lend me a digital camera.

However, I do fear the spaming that may result from this feature.

So this means I no longer have to bother you (AL) with hosting pics I have on my computer?  I can simply attach them like I would in an e-mail?  Pissa-sweet! :)

Yes, that was my ultimate plan, of course, to cut down on the number of emails I receive from you. :P

..Al

That Bentley Bear ad is cracking me up!!!!  He really IS touching ass! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   I'm dying over here.

I knew that one would be appreciated! :D Did you know that guy playing Crystal Castles is really young Albert? Notice the perm! :lol: :party:

Nice feature Al btw... ;)

That Bentley Bear ad is cracking me up!!!!  He really IS touching ass! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   I'm dying over here.

I knew that one would be appreciated! :D Did you know that guy playing Crystal Castles is really young Albert? Notice the perm! :lol: :party:

Nice feature Al btw... ;)

And what a great way to inaugurate the feature! I think you're the first person to actually use it. Is that an actual, unretouched ad for Crystal Castles? I guess life was more innocent back then. :)

..Al

heh Stan its the online role playing game i play called Everquest

top level is 60 and im 57 now and that is the character i play in the game

along with 2000 or more other people who play on my server,

but all my new screen shots got wiped out recently

I look totally different now with the upgraded graphic's one day i will post

Here is an old picture when i was around level 46 and this was on

Halloween day (thats why the sky is red) and the GM's (game masters)

were throwing an event and there was more then 100 werewolfs

about to attack

You see me on the right hand side in the green :D

post-541-1027402225_thumb.jpg

I have a question about the layout and look of the "Add an Attachment"

section:

Why do the 'Filename' and 'File Comment' fields have a different width? And why does one button say 'Durchsuchen' (German for 'Browse') and the other one 'Add Attachment'? And why are the button fonts different? :ponder: