How many lynx games do you have?

ganonbanned

I also prefer Lynx I. The reason are:

- hides the cart completely under a lid

- louder

- screen is flat - no funny plastic curves as in Lynx II

- feels more solid - no cheap plastic

- games are better (just kidding)

But I admit that it is larger, eats more batteries, crashes easier (more sensitive to programming bugs), paint peels off and it does not have stereo sound when using earphones.

--

Karri

Haha, thanks for the warning. I guess it's a little devious of Duranik to be calling it the Alpine Games Bonus Cart then.

I was thinking it contained the full Alpine Games game plus the all the demos which was silly to think considering how large Alpine Games is by itself.

I wanted to correct myself for thinking it was "a little devious" for Duranik to be naming a collection of demos the "Alpine Games Bonus Cart" when it doesn't included the Alpine Games game itself. I found out the other day this was originally given as a prize to the top three scorers in a contest. In fact, I don't know what else Duranik could call it and people still know what it is.

Also, I'd like to say I bought Alpine Games last week and it's probably better than 80% of Lynx games that were commercially released at retail. Consider me impressed! It reminds me a lot of Lillehammer '94 for SNES and Genesis. That's a good thing. I'm a bit of an olympic video game whore (in addition to being a Lynx one), so it was right up my alley. I also <3 me some Track & Field NES/Arcade, Winter Heat (Saturn), and ESPN International Track and Field (PS1). Alpine Games is now part of the Fab Five!

I have two Lynx 2's and you cannot look at the screen straight on but with it slightly angled away from you. And, it's not just blind ol' four-eyes me, anyone else who uses them holds them the same way.

The model 2 sun screen forces you to hold the unit at the same angle so I was thinking it was just a given.

I have two Lynx 2's and you cannot look at the screen straight on but with it slightly angled away from you. And, it's not just blind ol' four-eyes me, anyone else who uses them holds them the same way.

The model 2 sun screen forces you to hold the unit at the same angle so I was thinking it was just a given.

You are strange!!!!!

I have NEVER heard of this problem before and have known loads of people with Lynx's , especially at JagFestUK

I have also noticed that the colors come out a little better if viewed from slightly below. Perhaps the light is so bright that it washes out the colors a bit when viewed straight. Something I would like to try if I ever find a broken Sony PSP is to put the PSP's glass on top of the Lynx screen. I believe that Sony created some kind of magic in the glass that goes on top of the LCD. Other companies use the same LCD's as Sony but the colors in Sony's units look much better. Perhaps they have some kind of filtering glass on top of the LCD that does miracles...

Oh, and to keep this post in line with the thread I have around 60 games.

< Shameless advertising plug on >

Including a very very rare one - The MegaPak. Only one in existance (as it has not been released yet :twisted: ).

< /Shameless advertising plug off >

--

Karri

Edited by karri

I have also noticed that the colors come out a little better if viewed from slightly below. Perhaps the light is so bright that it washes out the colors a bit when viewed straight.

Same here. I always view the Lynx II at a slight angle below, as the contrast and saturation appear better from that angle.

Thank you for the nice comment on MegaPak. My kids play it a lot in the evenings. To the point that their mother is a bit upset about the whole thing. :twisted:

The MegaPak hardware is made by Songbird in the US so I suppose it can be purchased directly from Carl or perhaps through some other channels also. You have to ask Carl about these details.

But the release may take a while as it kind of requires a manual (not written yet) to be really useful. The Yahtzee rules did not fit on the cart so you need to print them on paper. It is also good to print the available keyboard controls. Like:

"To erase the eeprom:

Press Reset (Pause + Opt1) on the main screen to open up a service panel from where you can erase the eeprom to factory default state."

--

Karri

150!! games!

And you still don't have a complete collection??

Are you willing to explain?

Some are probably duplicates. ;)

I have over 300 games myself, but will likely never have a "complete" collection, due to the impossibility of getting my hands on EOTB (I've tried!) and a few other rarities.

• 1 month later...

i have 33 different lynx games about 5 doubles

i origionally bought the lynx in 1991 along with electro cop,road blasters,rygar,slimeworld,ninja gaiden,paperboy

since then i gathered a few more

i really wish they made toobin but i dont like the verticle games maybe i'm a freak or my eyes are too far a part but when playing klax it looks dark to one eye and bright in the other

i came up with this sotrage device back then i had my dad sew a corduroy pouch you fold both ends in then the middle it was good when i only had 16 games but now that i have 33 some have to pull double or tripple duty

i kinda feel stupid i traded a guy my rampart for his pinball jam back in the day but rampart was too hard

DCP_4915.jpg

According to my Excel spreadsheet (I'm a bit of a poindexter) I have 71 Lynx games, soon to be 74 after the copies of Raiden, "Motocross Go" and the Diagnostic Cart arrive from Poland. (I won those eBay auctions with the fancy homemade boxes.)

Early on, I decided to only collect the games that I actually enjoyed playing. That lead me to sell a few, like Dirty Larry, Batman, Pitfighter, Gauntlet, etc. Some of those that I sold, I might buy back (like Electrocop, APB, Cali Games, Ninja Gaiden III, and Road Riot) but as it stands now, the only game I still really want is Pokermania.

Besides, I keep my Lynx carts in a binder that I think was originally intended for card collecting, but they have a dot of Velcro to keep the dust levels down. I only have 4 spots remaining... what's an anally-retentive collector to do? :roll:

My spreadsheet shows that there are 97 Lynx carts out, but that doesn't include the Diagnostic cart or that new Alpine Games Bonue Multicart. So, 74 out of 99... not too shabby.

Smeg

I'm pretty sure not only the boxes, but the carts are home-made too...

yea the guy probably etches his own boards with coke and battery acid

and uses tubes like doc brown in back to the future 3

i keed i keed

anybody know how to make a setup to burn eproms what chips do i need and anybody have an overlay for the board is is possible to do it on one side or do you have to etch both sides

i can etch a board and belt sand the contact end to match a lynx cart but what chips do i need to round up

I won those eBay auctions with the fancy homemade boxes.

I'm pretty sure not only the boxes, but the carts are home-made too...

Well, I received the carts and boxes yesterday. I'm not sure if "home-made" fits it quite right, since they are of a high quality. The carts are the simple green PCB with the big chip on the front, a bit like Othello or the B&C carts, but they have printed on the front, "256kB Atari Lynx Game Cartridge PCB pasiu/ssg". Seriously, how does someone "homebrew" Lynx carts? Seems like a cost-prohibitive endeavour. I wouldn't have clue one.

If anyone would allow me some hosting space on a website somewhere, I'd be happy to post pictures of what they look like. (Er, and actually tell me how to post pictures here... :roll: )

All I know is, of the four games I bought, all work fine except for AvP. The seller said he'd replace it for me, so if that happens, it'd be good.

Cheers,

Smeg