IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

• 2 weeks later...

#C020383 Q

Whatever the long space and the Q is for is beyond me. Has an orange "Refurbished by Authorized Retailer" sticker on it. It won't let me make that long of a space but the space on the Atari is about 2" long. Has small slits on the left and right sides. Large rubber feat. Big thick RF Cable.

Edited by A_Username

• 2 weeks later...

I got the board out of the RF and I noticed the socket for the 3 chips are blue. I have NEVER seen blue socket before. Also the cable that connects to the switch board is 3 sets of 4 conductor cable, each wire feels like 16 or 18 gauge solid wire.

Behind the cart slot, 1977 is on the board (not silkscreen) and on the other side of the board there are "REV B" and "CO10433" Nothing to tell me the country of origin.

post-11037-1163126812_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1163126840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uzumaki

A Sunnyvale heavy-sixer: S.N. 73643F

A Sears heavy-sixer: 82074216

True story: My mother sent me the Atari heavy-sixer from a garage sale or some such. It came with a nice original joystick and Combat and Video Olympics in the original gate fold boxes, along with all the cords, all in really nice condition. When I called her to thank her for it I told her it was great, the only way it could have been better if it had been in the original box. She then told me she had thrown away the original box to pack it in something smaller.

The one I have out has SN# of 0030500
I got it opened, the paper attached to the main board's RF shield reads Jul 19 1978
I got the board out of the RF and I noticed the socket for the 3 chips are blue. I have NEVER seen blue socket before. Also the cable that connects to the switch board is 3 sets of 4 conductor cable, each wire feels like 16 or 18 gauge solid wire.

Behind the cart slot, 1977 is on the board (not silkscreen) and on the other side of the board there are "REV B" and "CO10433" Nothing to tell me the country of origin.

Wow, that is a most bizarre beast! July of 1978 would probably make it one of the last heavies made, but a Rev. B (very early) motherboard? :?

Maybe it needed service before it was a year old and the date slip was replaced?

And what is the deal with those blue sockets?

(BTW, the ribbon cable you described is common and can be found with different wire colors in groups of 4 just like you show).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

The console may have been serviced and had its part swapped but the ribbon cable were different in the other 2 heavy consoles I took apart. The other 2 were flat single ribbon cable with probably 30 gauge wires. One version the cable were soldered at both end. Other version the socket were on the switch board and wires plugged straight into it (no pin connector)

Uzumaki:

Thanks for all the info looks like your unit was possibly made only 4 days after Prodos8's unit, and the S/N are only 740 apart!

NorbytheRobot:

Too bad about that box. Any chance of a pic of the Sears heavy-sixer: 82074216?

• 2 weeks later...