IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Well, much to my surprise, I had an Atari Heavy Sixer out in my shed. I took it out, thinking it was a 2600A 4-switch. I was gonna harvest the parts to repair my Sears Heavy Sixer, but it was suggested that I keep the Atari in tact. So, you can add this to the database.

Deteacher:

Atari Heavy Sixer (Sunnyvale CA.)

S/N: 93488F

This model does not have the channel selector switch at the bottom of the unit.

Addendum for my Sears Heavy Sixer:

While there is a cutout at the bottom and the words "Channel A/B" on the bottom, there is no actual channel selector switch on the board itself.

Edited by Deteacher

Found my heavy sears #1:

Made in Sunnyvale, Serial #: 72112R has another label warning user not to take it apart.

no channel select switch, no hole for one, has flat ribbon cable not the thicker cable like the last heavy 6`er I posted earlier. The RF modulator has 3 pins single channel version, not the 5 pins 2 channels found on most other 2600 consoles.

Very dirty on the outside but nice and clean on the inside. I found 2 paper receipt inside, one on the RF case and another inside on the CPU. The label on the outside is very faded and hard to read but best I can do is #99 352010376 (5 may be a 6 though) Could be Jan 3 of `76 but not sure.

Inside I got black sockets and 1977 on PCB behind the cart slot. The second receipt reads 99 12200173. #

I also found 2 Sears "light" 6 switchers with the heavy one. One of them is Sunnyvale (MFG by Atari Inc. no mention of Taiwan) and has serial number 48033v. I didn't know Atari made light 6 switcher, I thought all were made oversea?

EDIT: just after I posted this, I checked the list. Going by serial number only, I think I may have the oldest Sears Heavy 6`er around.

post-11037-1164837417_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1164837438_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1164837450_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1164837468_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uzumaki

I took apart the light Sunnyvale 6'er but I think it is a Frankenstein model. It was missing the channel select switch but there is a place for it and the RF modulator has 5 pin so it was probably removed. Left difficulty switch is also missing and right one broken. Finally no RF cable.

No receipt was found but there is a tape residue on the box. The metal case does feel about the same as those from heavy console. The ribbon cable connecting the switch board to main board is unusual though. Not the flat one like the one above and not the thicker cable found on later models. It feels like 32 gauge wires in a ribbon cable style.

I did notice something unusual: TIA chip has AMI engraved in it, see picture below. Maybe the chip was from a different 2600 console??

Bottom line, I don't think the gut is original but the serial number label is original and is Sunnyvale and it is defiantly a light model.

post-11037-1164838764_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1164838785_thumb.jpg

post-11037-1164838800_thumb.jpg

Sears Sunnyvale unit, 96107R, no channel select switch ($10 hooray for saint vinnies!)

also perhaps noteworthy: Sunnyvale 4-switch (CX-2600A), serial # 891736. i've heard some contraversy about them but maybe it's no big deal.

Edited by Statch

Updated the list, thanks to everyone for posting and keeping the list alive.

Statch:

Could we get a pic of the 4switch and S/N? Probably just a home repair or something, but I'd like to see it if possible.

Thanks,

Wes

Dusk:

That's another S/N oddity, could we get a pic?

gimme a week or 2, i wont get rid of it until i take a pic for you wester. i got this from a kid down the street, it ended up not working unfortunatly.

this will be my fifth heavy sixer, all the others i got rid of. :(

Edited by Dusk2600