IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Power Supply Unit

Yes they are the same

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

I hate to disagree with you, but the output specs for the PSU for the 1010 is: 8.5v ~ 4.25VA

whereas the output specs for the 1050 PSU is: 9v ~ 27VA

Look at the Best Electronics link again. They list the 1010 for two different power supplies. Are there two different 1010s? I know some the power specs don't have to be exactly the same for a power supply to work with a different device. Maybe this is one of those cases although I don't know for sure in this case.

Allan

Power Supply Unit

Yes they are the same

I hate to disagree with you, but the output specs for the PSU for the 1010 is: 8.5v ~ 4.25VA

Look at the Best Electronics link again. They list the 1010 for two different power supplies. Are there two different 1010s? I know some the power specs don't have to be exactly the same for a power supply to work with a different device. Maybe this is one of those cases although I don't know for sure in this case.

Allan

I don't know if there are two different models of 1010. I am just going by the labels on my power supplies. However, I use the 1010 PSU for my 822 printer and I have no idea what that is supposed to have.

There are 2 models of the 1010, I believe the 1010S and the 1010C. You can tell by the order of the buttons, pause is not in the same location on both I believe. From the 8-bit FAQ it looks like you can use any of these, just fine the Atari part number on the power supply, if your in North America anyway...

9 V AC ???? VA (??? A) Atari#CO61516 transformer:

9 V AC 15.3 VA (1.7 A) Atari#CO14319 transformer:

400,800,822,850,1010,1200XL

9 V AC 18 VA (2.0 A) Atari#CA014748 transformer:

400,800,810,822,850,1010,1200XL

9 V AC 18 VA (2.0 A) Atari#CA016804 transformer:

400,800,810,822,850,1010,1200XL

9 V AC 31 VA (3.4 A) Atari#CO17945 transformer:

400,800,810,822,850,1010,1200XL,1020,1050,XF551

9 V AC 50 VA (5.6 A) Atari#CA017964 transformer:

400,800,810,822,850,1010,1200XL,1020,1050,XF551

Ok I checked the 1010 field service manual,

"Two different 1010 Cassette Recorder units have been released: the 1010S unit and the 1010C unit. It can be identified by the BPA99H-1010 prefix of its FCC ID No., which is located on the bottom right of the unit. Also, on the 1010S unit, reading from left to right, the PAUSE button precedes the STOP/EJ button. The 1010C unit has an FCC ID No prefix BPA7YJ-1010. On the 1010C unit the STOP/EJ button precedes the PAUSE button"

Edited by charliecron

I have a new boxed 1010. The PSU is a wallwart type adapter (not the table type the 400/800/1200XL/1050 uses) and the output is rated at 9VAC 5VA (1.8A), part# C061515. It is even labeled as for the 1010 recorder on the face but any of the listed PSU's should work, assuming the connector is the right size. Technically, an electronic device will only use as much current (amperage) as needed to run and just let the rest sit idle. But do note, the actual 1010 recorder PSU is NOT the same as the others.

Edited by Guitarman

JDH...is the 1050 u/g you've got Mini speedy or super speedy (or just another lazer/usd, happy, SA/SA2 affair)

btw all, it's more then perfectly safe (in the UK/EU anyway) to using a 1010 psu with a 1050 d/d, i've done it many a time (when i have working 1050's that is)

However 1050's will not work with standard ac/dc adapters, strangely though the 1010 has no problems (if memory recalls)

I only used 1010 in the early years (after giving up on that cackshite called 'phonemark'...if you remember that) and moved swiftly over to the xc11/xc12 variety

Phonemark was a 3rd party compatable A8 cassette drive and a cross between a 1010 and the xc11

Edited by carmel_andrews

JDH...is the 1050 u/g you've got Mini speedy or super speedy (or just another lazer/usd, happy, SA/SA2 affair)

btw all, it's more then perfectly safe (in the UK/EU anyway) to using a 1010 psu with a 1050 d/d, i've done it many a time (when i have working 1050's that is)

However 1050's will not work with standard ac/dc adapters, strangely though the 1010 has no problems (if memory recalls)

I only used 1010 in the early years (after giving up on that cackshite called 'phonemark'...if you remember that) and moved swiftly over to the xc11/xc12 variety

Phonemark was a 3rd party compatable A8 cassette drive and a cross between a 1010 and the xc11

The seller is not sure: "Modifiied with an upgrade (I forget which one) to run warp/alpha/high speed"

I just wanted a 1050, anything else is a bonus ;)

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info on the 1010 PSU, lots of contradictory advice but I have two of the beasts and one is real beat up so I'll test that one out first :) but even so I just realized that somewhere along the way I picked up an XC12 so I don't really need the 1010 anyway (unless i want to have the matching cases, but really who cares, I have an 810 & 1050 along with the 1010 and XC12 and an 800XL so I have all the different cases :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Power Supply Unit

Yes they are the same

Allan

I don't know if there are two different models of 1010. I am just going by the labels on my power supplies. However, I use the 1010 PSU for my 822 printer and I have no idea what that is supposed to have.

This is one of those strange things. There was actually two slightly different 1010's. The only difference I could see is that the stop/eject and pause buttons are reversed on the two models. I believe the mechanism inside came from two manufacturers. Not sure about the voltage issue though.

Just one of those little issues, like with the xls, some have text on the control key in white, some in inverse.

Got to see this! Atari Joystick keychain with centipede & yars revenge in rom / plug n play!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

800 for parts (NEED THE CASE!)

65xe (working)

Portfolio w/128K card

Portfolio Accessories (serial/parallel/notepad)

Other stuff, from ebay sellers / offline sales via inquiry from parts listings in the past month:

2 x 1200xls, 1 x 800 (broken upper case), a load of monitor cables, cartridges(800 parts inquiry!) all for $15 + $30 s/h!

1 1200 used for the mini Itx PC project :)

2 x 800xls(ended auction with no bidders!)

XC 12(brand new, b&C)

Parallel interface

XEGS (needs to be left on for 10 minutes before it actually turns on, cold solder joint I assume)

2 x 1010s(1 working, 1 droning)

1 1040stfm (works fine)

1 Mega st2 (works, 2 missing keys)

I just bought my first ever Atari related thing: an 800XL in original box. I couldn't believe how thin the box was, especially compared to other computers I've got. The 800XL was in amazing shape. It looks brand new except for tiny scratches on the cartridge slot metal. Unfortunately, it appears to be dead - power light doesn't come on. It's a bit annoying considering the eBay description said "unit powers up". Still... it's a beautiful paperweight.

I actually bought another 800XL first (last month), but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. This one comes with:

800XL owners manual, BASIC book, Atari product catalogue

1020 printer in original box

2 joysticks

Berzerk cartridge

Ballblazer (new, unopened!)

Rescue on Fractalus (new, unopened!)

Montezuma's Revenge (new, unopened!)

Blue Max (new, unopened!)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a stock 1050 from a guy who lives here in the same town as me. No biggie right... the drive works fine.

Since he lives in the same town, rather than use Paypal and pay shipping, I went by his house and picked it up. He asked me if I'd like to see some other 'ebay goodies' he was getting rid of. I said sure!!

I picked up an Action cart (blk & yellow) & Toolkit in original boxes and a Monkey Wrench 2 in the original box.

Edited by bf2k+