IGNORED

Atari's Landfill Adventures, I now have the proof it's true.

Spud

I located the address for her parents, I will write them a tackful letter and see if maybe can learn anything. I don't want to call I'm sure the phone rings too much already from the ufo crowd.

I'll report if they write back.

Since it hasn't been posted still, here is the link for the new article in the Alamogordo paper.

http://www.alamogordonews.com/search/ci_4876884

Either my English is terrible or the writer's English is pretty "simple". :ponder:

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

I located the address for her parents, I will write them a tackful letter and see if maybe can learn anything. I don't want to call I'm sure the phone rings too much already from the ufo crowd.

(emphasis mine)

If you're going to send a "tackful" letter to a newspaper editor, you might want to have a few people proofread it first. You need to work on punctuation and capitalization too.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I really do hope the story is true about them being buried. If it's true, then that means there were witnesses and participants. This wasn't even a freakin' secret and it has the feeling of a government cover-up, so if this is found to be true, maybe it will make people think twice about dismissing more important things that might be true which were covered-up.

(emphasis mine)

If you're going to send a "tackful" letter to a newspaper editor, you might want to have a few people proofread it first. You need to work on punctuation and capitalization too.

You're too much :D

Mr. Franzman has cracked me up with this one.

That is one thing I have always loved about AA, the fact that no one has any fear in correcting the grammar and spelling of others :cool: That's what makes this place special.

WP

Your to muck :D

Mr. Fonzie has crack my up with this won.

That is once think I has always love about AA, the fac that noone has any feer in correecting the grammer and spealling of mothers :cool: That's wot nakes this plase speshal.

WP

There. I uncorrected your post.

i'm gone for months....come back...and this thread is still in the exact same place it was when i left...lol...gotta love it.

Long live Armorall Ali!

I have to admit I love this thread too. This is what makes Atariage. I can think of no other place where this topic would get so many responses. Yeah there are other big threads like the baseball thread and the wrestling thread, but every forum has those.

Well, there's correcting someone spelling and grammar and being a dick, and there's kindly pointing out mistakes in the writing skills of someone representing the community in a letter to an important source. A tackfull letter might get you sued, because tacks can hurt people. I would recommend a tactful letter and see where it takes us.

Just picking on ya dude...I don't really give a crap, lol.

-Rob

Edited by rbudrick

Well, there's correcting someone spelling and grammar and being a dick, and there's kindly pointing out mistakes in the writing skills of someone representing the community in a letter to an important source. A tackfull letter might get you sued, because tacks can hurt people. I would recommend a tactful letter and see where it takes us.

Just picking on ya dude...I don't really give a crap, lol.

-Rob

Yeah I guess I better let you guys check my spelling and grammer. Damn public education ain't worth a damn.

Here is my little letter. Tackful or tactful, maybe neither. Lets fix this puppy up so that any english teacher would be proud to put a gold star on it. Also add to it , take away from it, make it better all around and I'll get it on some UFO stationary and send it on it's way.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. McQuiddy,

I was doing some research on a newspaper story your daughter wrote back in 1983 regarding the Atari Corporation’s dumping of millions of video game cartridges in the Alamogordo landfill. I was hoping to locate Marian to see if maybe she remembered any details of the event and maybe even had some photographs still from it. That’s when I learned of her passing and am sorry for your loss. Through the internet I located you and wanted to ask you if you may have heard about the event from her and remember any details or if by a long shot there may be a scrapbook or collection of her work that may include original photographs from that story that I could get a copy of if so.

I was shocked to learn of you being the editor of the Roswell Morning Dispatch back during the UFO incident of the 40’s. The legend of the Atari Dumping is that millions of the games were copies of E.T. based on the popular movie. Kind of ironic.

I’ve included a stamped envelope if you reply.

Thank you for your time.

Bruce S.

P.S. I’d love to hear about the UFO story as well if you’re not tired of telling it.

Well I feel like crap now, I finally got around to reading all of the web site The Atari Landfill Revealed just now, and dang if that guy didn't find the connection in the Mcquiddy family Atari/UFO connection, I thought I was the first to find that, oh well, the guy with that site said he plans to try to interview Arthur Mcquiddy as well, so I'll not ruin it with my letter of amateur questions. He seems to be a much better writer and investagator so best of luck to you. Keep up the great job! I look forward to seeing what he has to say on either subject.

• 5 months later...
think an E. T. cart was the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll

Now that is one of the most viable conspiracy therioes that I have heard for the Kennedy assassination. That and the theory that George W Bush is the best president ever ;)

I've discovered breaking news!

A recent investigation has proven that Atari's secret landfill is also where Jimmy Hoffa was actually buried! Yup. They were going to dump him in the ocean, but one of the Men in Black (who was driving at the time) ran over a sasquatch, causing the car to overturn. From there, they hoofed it over the mountains to Alamogordo. On the way, they were ambushed by Roswell aliens and the loch ness monster, and only survived by using secret technology salvaged from a ship found near the legendary Atlantis on a secret government dig (some kind of little white lander I hear). Later, a chupacabra and a mothman joined the fray, as well as some Lemurians and they were able to escape in the ensuing chaos. They hiked another day or so and arrived at Alamogordo, and since they had gotten a bit tired of smelling ol' Jimmy (who was getting a mite ripe by then), they just chucked him in this big pit they found in a landfill, hoping no one would notice.

I swear it's true. I've got pictures and letters and everything. :evil: :cool:

A recent investigation has proven that Atari's secret landfill is also where Jimmy Hoffa was actually buried! Yup. They were going to dump him in the ocean, but one of the Men in Black (who was driving at the time) ran over a sasquatch, causing the car to overturn. From there, they hoofed it over the mountains to Alamogordo. On the way, they were ambushed by Roswell aliens and the loch ness monster, and only survived by using secret technology salvaged from a ship found near the legendary Atlantis on a secret government dig (some kind of little white lander I hear). Later, a chupacabra and a mothman joined the fray, as well as some Lemurians and they were able to escape in the ensuing chaos. They hiked another day or so and arrived at Alamogordo, and since they had gotten a bit tired of smelling ol' Jimmy (who was getting a mite ripe by then), they just chucked him in this big pit they found in a landfill, hoping no one would notice.

Yep, I posted some pics last year. I told you guys Bigfoot AkA: sasquatch was involved.

I'll admit tho I didn't know about the ties to Atlantis...good investigating Lord Thag. It's just a matter of time before this whole thing busts wide open.

post-544-1182756349_thumb.jpg

Yep, I posted some pics last year. I told you guys Bigfoot AkA: sasquatch was involved.

I'll admit tho I didn't know about the ties to Atlantis...good investigating Lord Thag. It's just a matter of time before this whole thing busts wide open.

Unfortunately, I think it's MUCH worse than you had originally expected...

post-5426-1182823849_thumb.jpg

Todd @ People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles

2006 Pontiac Solstice

2004 VW Beetle Convertible (Wife's)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74

1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6

1984 Porsche 944

1981 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Yeah I guess I better let you guys check my spelling and grammer. Damn public education ain't worth a damn.

Whatcha' talking about? Ain't is a real word. Along with Fixin' ta, Y'all, and using coke as a general term for any carbonated beverage.

Edited by Longhorn Engineer