IGNORED

Online Atari 2600 Label Maker : Now with Silver Labels

Cropsy

What label variation would you like to see next?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What label variation would you like to see next?

• Atari 2600 Red Label
    • Atari 2600 Children's Label
    • Atari 7800 Label
    • Activision Label
    • Imagic Label

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I wanted to do an Atari related project during my holidays so I've put together an online Label Maker for the Atari 2600.

The Label Maker produces relatively authentic Atari labels with your choice of label image, game title and color. Optionally the Atari Logo and CX Number may be included.

http://www.labelmaker2600.com

I've attached a couple of sample labels to this post. If you have any problems or suggestions for improvements please drop a reply in this thread.

post-1311-1186112747_thumb.jpg

post-1311-1186112799_thumb.jpg

post-1311-1186113122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cropsy
  • Like 2

I have a suggestion. Could the background color be made selectable? Other than white?

I'm glad you like the label maker.

The background color is always black because the all Atari picture labels (except some Defenders and Breakouts) have a black background. I did the development focused on making authentic looking labels so it didn't really occur to me that I should offer a different color. :)

However if there is a demand for selectable background colors I'll look into adding it in the next update.

:-o Very Nice! This is excellent work!

One thing, though, The picture I used had a mostly black background, and the 'Atari' Logo and CX number was also black :( Maybe allow the user to specify the color of those two things? Also, I think the CX number was too low. :(

... You know you need to do a 5200 and a 7800 version now, right? ;)

post-1787-1186144669_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

The picture I used had a mostly black background, and the 'Atari' Logo and CX number was also black :( Maybe allow the user to specify the color of those two things? Also, I think the CX number was too low. :(

I was having a look through the Atari Age database of picture label carts and some of them do have a white logo and CX number, I'll definitely add that for the next update.

At the moment the Logo and CX number position is relative to its position on an actual Atari label. If the picture you upload isn't approximately square the positioning will be off. Until I change the positioning it's probably best to leave the Atari Logo and CX number off labels with non square images.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Label Maker. I've done a quick update to allow the color of the Atari Logo and CX number to be changed from black (as request by PacManPlus). I'll fix the positioning of the Logo and CX number for non square images when I wake up tommorow (12:30am already here).

...a 'stand-alone' version of this program would be awesome! :grin:

Unfortunately I'm too lazy to port the code to a language suitable for standalone distribution :)

Do you plan on adding any more options? Silver labels?

I'd like to add more of the Atari label types. Getting just Picture Labels to be reasonably accurate was quite time consuming though. Text Labels are the next likely candidate because of the similarity to the picture labels I've already completed.

Edited by Cropsy

I've made another small update to the label maker. The Atari Logo and CX Number both appear correctly within the label image regardless of the dimensions of the label image. Previously for non square images the positioning was wrong.

are these the correct dimensions for printing on a cart as well?

Yes. The small labels fit correctly when printed at 150 DPI and the large labels at 360DPI. If you're image software doesn't support setting the DPI for printing just set the printed width to 2.733 inches or 6.94 centimetres.