IGNORED

Desperately Wanted Manual Scans....

user42

I put the X-Man instr up online (Actually I meant in my previous thread, they are 3 different instruction booklets/copies, my bad). I'm not very good at scanning, so you gotta straigten them out for yourselves. Also, the USA instr were a bad photocopy job when I received them, my game came with Dutch instr.

Here:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/thomasholzer/VCS/

Just added Sword of Saros box, cassette and instr., Survival Island box, cassette, instr., Sweat box, cassette, screenshot (all courtesy of Stella gets a new Brain)

Thank you so much!

You currently lead in the contest rankings!

I think I will leave X-Man on the list incase someone has a non-photocopied version.

I recieved the Sssnake and Strawberry Shortcake manuals from an outside source so they are off the table. Sorry PotatoGuy but you never responded to my PM :(

Here's the manuals for Mogul Maniac, Xenophobe, Radar Lock, and Star Trek. Along with the Guardian manual I uploaded earlier, that's all the manuals I have from your list.

mogul1.zip

mogul2.zip

xenophobe1.zip

startrek2.zip

startrek1.zip

xenophobe2.zip

radarlock1.zip

radarlock2.zip

radarlock3.zip

• Like 2

Here's the manuals for Mogul Maniac, Xenophobe, Radar Lock, and Star Trek. Along with the Guardian manual I uploaded earlier, that's all the manuals I have from your list.

You Sir, are Da Man! :cool:

EDIT:

Contest Rankings

1st. sdamon - 5 manuals

2nd. Breakpack - 2 manuals

3rd. thomasholzer - 1 manual

Edited by user42

I will up the ante.

If ALL the manuals listed above get scanned and posted, and assuming no one cares if I use them on my site, I will add a Sealed Yar's revenge record for the person who posts the most manuals. This is a 45rpm sized 33 1/3 rpm record with read along book.

http://www.atariguide.com/1/195a1-varSm.htm

Edited by as_the_gavel_falls

I will up the ante.

If ALL the manuals listed above get scanned and posted, and assuming no one cares if I use them on my site, I will add a Sealed Yar's revenge record for the person who posts the most manuals. This is a 45rpm sized 33 1/3 rpm record with read along book.

http://www.atariguide.com/1/195a1-varSm.htm

Now that's a real prize! :cool:

You reminded me about something I scanned a long time ago. Some of you may already have this as it has been floating around the web for a while but here it is....Atari - Story of Super Breakout (Read Along Book and Cassette)(1982)(Flac-cbz)

The book is a cbz (jpgs in a renamed zip) that can be viewed with Cdisplay and the cassette was ripped to flac (yes lossless audio for a cassette....what overkill???)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/kLWDEPp34...c-cbz).zip.html

Enjoy

post-15767-1192392936_thumb.jpg

I just noticed that the Snoopy and the Red Baron scan I have is the international version.

I would really like a scan of the US manual so I added it to the list. :cool:

Also added....

Avalon Hill-

Out of Control

Bomb-

Assault

Great Escape

Wall Defender

Edited by user42

• 2 weeks later...

Come on people....I know that some of you have these manuals....please, please,please help me out.

I am realizing that the level of collector that has many of the requested manuals would not be tempted into a contest to win my crappy (I mean) fabulous game carts. So I am racking my brain to come up with other prizes. This is what I found to offer. In addition to the original offerings (your choice of one of these fabulous prizes........Porkey's CIB....or....Fire Fly (cart+inst)...or...Tac-Scan (cart+inst)) I am adding TWO MORE CHOICES! Either an Obi-wan Kenobi Ghost (Frito-Lays mail-in promo) Toy...or...a set of 2 "Adult Party" 8-track tapes (1st is "Horney Miss Jones" 2nd is "Sonny 'n' Sis" + "Mary Loves Lori")

That's right the top uploader of manual scans get his (or her) choice of one of these 5 PRIZES!!! The contest ends in a couple weeks and the current standings are...

Contest Rankings

1st. sdamon - 5 manuals

2nd. Breakpack - 2 manuals

post-15767-1193279009_thumb.jpg

Breakpack has added 2 more manuals . HUGE thanks to him.

Contest Rankings

1st. sdamon - 5 manuals

2nd. Breakpack - 4 manuals

4th. RIVER - 1 manual

Contest ends soon!

Also I added a list of my collection to the second post in this thread (1st page)

Stupid question, but what would be the easiest way to scan manuals? I've never done it before.

But I have the manual for Snoopy and the Red Baron, as well as the manuals for Alpha Beam with Ernie and Cookie Monster munch if you still need any of those three.

Not a stupid question....It all depends on your scanner and the software that came with it. First you shoud have a flatbed scanner (lay the book, down close lid) not an autofeed scanner (put in one page at a time and they pull thru). Different scanners have different software, I am attaching a screen cap of mine. Most scanners are large enough that you can scan 2 pages at once. You want to scan at 300dpi and look for an option called "descreen", turn it ON. Click Scan...thats pretty much it. Just save as a HQ jpg and then zip them up and send then my way. I will do the edits. You can use a free file hosting service like http://www.bestsharing.com/ (or any of the hundred other sites like it) and then give me the link. If you have any more specific questions I am happy to help.

Oh and I still need all three. :)

post-15767-1193876797_thumb.jpg

Stupid question, but what would be the easiest way to scan manuals? I've never done it before.

But I have the manual for Snoopy and the Red Baron, as well as the manuals for Alpha Beam with Ernie and Cookie Monster munch if you still need any of those three.

No it's not a stupid question, but mine might be. Are they international editions with multiple languages or NTSC copies? I mean you're from New Zealand but I have no idea (without looking) if you are on a NTSC system or PAL system, and whether or not you collect PAL or NTSC stuff. Australia is PAL so I'm guessing New Zealand is too?

Edited by Omegamatrix

No it's not a stupid question, but mine might be. Are they international editions with multiple languages or NTSC copies? I mean you're from New Zealand but I have no idea (without looking) if you are on a NTSC system or PAL system, and whether or not you collect PAL or NTSC stuff. Australia is PAL so I'm guessing New Zealand is too?

Good point. I am interested in US manuals. (I already have scans of the international versions of Snoopy and the Red Baron and Cookie Monster Munch)

Are your manuals by and chance NTSC , english only manuals?

Good point. I am interested in US manuals. (I already have scans of the international versions of Snoopy and the Red Baron and Cookie Monster Munch)

Are your manuals by and chance NTSC , english only manuals?

Currently I do not have access to those Atari games as I'm not at home. However Snoopy and the Red Baron manual, I bought from a guy I know along with a bunch of other loose manuals. As for Alpha Beam with Ernie, Cookie Monster Munch (and though you don't need it, Big Bird's Egg Catch) they come in a bulk box of 2600 games I bought.. off the top of my head I have no idea what the manual/games are.

However New Zealand are by default PAL systems, however as for 2600 collecting - all of the ones I have bought from the net have never been stated if they are NTSC or PAL, and I myself have never looked. Though chances are they may be PAL.

Sorry I didn't take note when I read the first post. "US Manuals" .. I should've remembered about NTSC and PAL.