IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

This post makes me laugh every time it is bumped. Makes me think of my pipe-dream games I want to create. Funny thing is i'm actually a computer programmer by profession, but the 2600 code makes my head spin.

With Batari BASIC it's pretty easy :-)

Actually I was in your shoes a few years ago. Even if you want to tough it out and do it in assembly,

bB can help give you hints about your ASM code...

I'm thinking after this game is completed, HardWork should make a Baywatch game. person who bounces their boobies the most in 90 seconds wins :D

I'm imagining a play mechanic similar to Decathlon. Of course he DID design a custom controller for Knight Rider...the mind boggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ooof. Let me fix that for you...

Did you know?: The voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand or "KITT" , William Daniels I think it is, went on to play Dr. Mark Craig in St. Elsewhere .

(I can't stand Boy Meet World.)

Back on topic - Will the game use the AtariVox for real KITT voice effects?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the screenshot of the Night Rider game. Why does it look like Michael Knight is riding a 4-wheeler?

.. and there was already a Baywatch game for the Commodore 64. I used to belong to a CEBUG (Commodore East Brunswick User Group) back in the early 90's. We met at the East Brunswick, NJ library once a month. It was mostly older people, but some younger ones. Every month would pretty much be the same old crappy demonstration on some word processing crap on a dot matrix printer.

Anyway, this one guy Stu (what a gay name sorry if I offend anyone, but this guy really wasn't a normal person). He was old, nerdy, he reminded me of Chris Elliot when he played on the TV show "Get A Life" where he was like some 40 year old paperboy living at home with his parents.

He made the Baywatch text-adventure in some adventure toolkit software. I remember it had an opening screen drawn in ANSi of a beach with water and a sailboat.

He was weird about his stuff, he made all these crappy games, but wouldn't give them out to anyone.

I do remember he made a Falcon Crest text-adventure and the game had an error where you could drive the car in the house and up the stairs.

One of his games had a character named Vincent and he goes "His name is Vincent, don't you get it?" in a really nasal whiny voice. My friend and I both looked at each other and go "no!" and he goes "It's from Beauty and The Beast" (the TV series).

It looks like the Knight Rider property is becoming active again.

Knight Rider

This change might make the release of this game last year more difficult as the owners move to protect their IP. ;)

If he is gonna release the game last year he better hurry up before they take note!

WP

• 1 month later...

I first read this entire thread several years ago... I've moved twice since then. Someone seriously needs to make this game, and it eventually needs to be a cart available in the AA store. Really. Even if it doesn't have the custom KITT steering wheel, I'd be fine without that.

EDIT: I forgot about the obvious licensing issues. And even if it were possible to get the licensing, I'm sure HardWork had that contract in hand years ago now, right?

Edited by Mirage1972

Cool then my label art on Knight Rider maybe saved after all^_^ Drew them all on just GIMP paint program and a mouse:P

Those are really excellent, maybe it's just me but the kerning on the K/N looks a little too wide, especially on the back of the box and silver label. It's only a few pixels but it makes it look like "K NIGHT". Everything else is great though.