IGNORED

Desperately Wanted Manual Scans....

user42

:o WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :o

Congratulations to sdamon

He scanned a total of 5 missing manuals to come out the victor in my contest.

Final Contest Rankings

1st. sdamon - 5 manuals

2nd. Breakpack - 4 manuals

3rd. thomasholzer - 1 manual

4th. RIVER - 1 manual

Now just because the contest is over does not mean that I am done collecting manuals....Please if you can help scan even 1 book it would really help the cause.

:o WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :o

Congratulations to sdamon

He scanned a total of 5 missing manuals to come out the victor in my contest.

Final Contest Rankings

1st. sdamon - 5 manuals

2nd. Breakpack - 4 manuals

3rd. thomasholzer - 1 manual

4th. RIVER - 1 manual

Now just because the contest is over does not mean that I am done collecting manuals....Please if you can help scan even 1 book it would really help the cause.

Wow, didn't expect to win, but major thanks to user42!!! Hope the scans helped him and anyone else... should I ever find more, I'll be happy to scan them in as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off....Bump to the project.....Please, anyone, if you can scan just one of the missing manuals it would help alot.... (Look at the first post for the missing list)

Second, for anyone who may be interested, I have recently put up a torrent on the (private) retrogame site UndergroundGamer containing my personal collection of roms, cart, box and manual scans for use with PCAEwin.

This is a seprate side project I am working on in addition to the "Complete US Atari 2600 Manual Collection".

If anyone is interested, the torrent is here TORRENT LINK but (sorry) you must be a member. The good news is old accounts get deleted all the time so if membership is full just check back in a little while and you should be able to sign up. :cool:

To give you all a better idea of what I put together here is the torrent description....

This is my personal Atari 2600 collection. This rom set is mostly taken from an old "good set" but many things have been changed (deleted, renamed, added, ect...). I have created my own rom set including manuals, screenshots, box and cart scans all setup for use with the emulator PCAEwin. When I started, I wanted a complete US Atari 2600 collection (including prototypes, no homebrew). I noticed some games were released by more than one company so I decided to keep the rom from the company that originaly released it. I then noticed that 90% of foreign games were re-releases and hacks so I decided to add all the unique foreign roms. Then I ran into the problem of, some US games are re-releases of foreign games....what to do, "US set" or "original creator set". I kept with my original plan of a US set and so in those cases I am now adding notations and sometimes scans of the original box (in the extra image spot). EXAMPLE: Homevision , a belgium company, made many games. Some were re-released in the US by Bomb. So, I use the Bomb version in my collection and in the Manufacturer column I have put "Home Vision--Bomb" and added the cover of the original Home Vision game.

example....

13109555_th.jpg.

Also I kept the" ITT Family Games" versions of some Homevision games just because they put english in their manuals (Homevision doesn't usually).

Here are a few screen shots. (They link off site because the bitbucket can't hold them)

Browsing for a Game

13109564_th.jpg

Manual Open

13109572_th.jpg

"Back Cover" area used for special controllers"

13109681_th.jpg

As you can see I have made use of the back cover display area to show several different images. From special controllers to original manufacturer to controller overlays to pack in items.....I put all kinds of stuff in there....

Now of course you could use these same roms and support files with almost any frontend but I created this set with PCAEwin in mind. I have uploaded ver. 2.7 here http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=23881 or you can get ver 2.6 from the home site http://pcae.vg-network.com/main.html.

My box and cart scan collection is probably the most complete one you will find on the internets but if you are looking for really high quality images these are not them. PCAEwin displays them fairly small and I have compressed the images accordingly.

Setup

01. Get PCAEwin, unzip the emu and put it wherever you want it.

02. Unzip the support files and drop them into the emu folder. The "Pcaewin.pro" file should overwrite the one that is in the folder already. Pcaewin.pro is where all that stuff that I typed in lives (manufacturer, year, cart type).

03. Start the emu and go into the settings and set up your folders. (Note: put the "Other" folder in the "Back Cover" spot)

04. You may also want to set up your joystick if you have one

That's it. Open the game browser by clicking on the little open folder icon.8-)

This is a beta release, I am still missing a few manuals, some of the rare pal games are missing cover scans, and I will probably make some more mock-up covers and carts for the unreleased prototypes. The next release of this will be when it is complete......(that might take a while)

Please feel free to give me any feedback....

And if you have any of the missing manuals PLEASE scan them!

• 5 weeks later...
Just got 3 more finished.....

Can any one else help? pretty please? ;)

Have you updated the needed list? I see X-Man is still on there.

The X-man scan that was donated by thomasholzer was a scan of a photocopy. Readable, yes, but I would prefer a scan of the real thing. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@Rom Hunter

I'm not sure what "ROM info" you are refering to :?: Are you talking about the roms in my "PCAEwin + Extras" torrent? I know that they are alittle funky.....

I realized (much too late) that I should have started with a clean new rom set, not my old F'ed up good set. But I didn't want to go back and rename all of those extras again....

@recoil

I do already have the intenational Snoopy so no need to scan that one.

As for the other 2...Please do scan them. :cool:

I really appreciate it :)

@Rom Hunter

I Know...I know...I was more concerned with getting all the extras than I was with making sure my rom set was clean. (I did admit as much in my torrent description)

Sorry.

@recoil

You are THE MAN! :cool:

Those look great!

Thanks alot!!!

• 3 weeks later...
If you're still looking for it (and if my scanner will cooperate) I can scan Smurfs Save the Day for you.

smurfszi7.jpg

So sorry for the late reply....I spent the last week on a beach in Mexico :cool: with no internet. :(

I DO really want that scan.

Anytime you can get your scanner up, please share them :D

Thanks ALOT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...