IGNORED

The Ugliest Looking Game System Ever!

Hi Guys:

I always believed the the "Nintendo Wii" was drawn by a 10 year-old. There was absolutely no effort at all when they were doing the concept art for its external design. Its not a terrible looking system though, and its nice to play with a general audience. Its a shame that the design is just so dull.

Anthony....

My bottom 5 consoles (for strictly looks) are:

1)Original NES... Looks like the retarded cousin of the old BETAMAX... Then again the SANYO BETACORDS looked pretty HOT!

2)ODYSSEY2 Nice layout of keys! Would have been better with NO KEYS and then again no odyssey2 would have ruled!

3)SEGA Master System (Come on guys! That friggin flow chart on the front!) Would have looked like a cool stealth boat otherwise!

4)XEGS (Atari XE Miami Vice Edition... Off center, angled cartridge?!?! Cocaine induced art is NOT cool... Neither is ANY shade of pink [except on 'lady skin'].)

5)Drum roll please.......... Intellivision II... If you are going to make a sequel make it better in some way! The original looked fantastic. Ewwww controllers!

Even though the XEGS looks fugly in my eyes I use one frequently. I love the detached keyboard and all etc and it is, of course, an 8-bit.

Instant motherly love in a fatherly sense I guess. :)

Its still an ugly bitch though! LOL.

My bottom 5 consoles (for strictly looks) are:

1)Original NES... Looks like the retarded cousin of the old BETAMAX... Then again the SANYO BETACORDS looked pretty HOT!

2)ODYSSEY2 Nice layout of keys! Would have been better with NO KEYS and then again no odyssey2 would have ruled!

3)SEGA Master System (Come on guys! That friggin flow chart on the front!) Would have looked like a cool stealth boat otherwise!

4)XEGS (Atari XE Miami Vice Edition... Off center, angled cartridge?!?! Cocaine induced art is NOT cool... Neither is ANY shade of pink [except on 'lady skin'].)

5)Drum roll please.......... Intellivision II... If you are going to make a sequel make it better in some way! The original looked fantastic. Ewwww controllers!

I've always thought the Intellivision was pretty ugly. Odyssey 2 is a close second.

Hi Guys:

I always suggested to myself that the Intellivision was a handsome looking console. A heck of a lot better then that dull Nintendo Wii design.

Now the Playstation 3, that's a real Heartthrob design. Way the go Sony!!

Anthony....

I'm gonna add that I think one of the ugliest consoles I've ever seen has to be the Sears Intellivision I. Imagine the same strange out of place woodgrain from their 2600 Tele-Games systems and then make the rest of the console an off-white with dark brown pinstripe trim....

Ewww...

But, it is a cool console in that you don't find them that often, and they have the Intelly I hardware with the inclusion of removable controllers....yeah!

I love the system, but my vote was for the Sega Master System. It was so strange looking, IMO.

The XE looked a little odd with the pastal buttons but it always sat well with me. Maybe it was because I wanted (and couldn't afford) an ST as a kid and it was part of the way there ... at least in terms of looks.

I was more bothered by it's practical design issues

- the really short keyboard cable

- the way too wide RCA jacks

- Tthe angled joystick ports that were a pain when having to unplug and replug either the gun or the controller

When it came to Atari systems, I actually vote for the Jaguar when the CD unit is plugged in.

Edited by DracIsBack

Hey DRAC,i read your mind!I'm with you on this one!How about the first sega console.The Atari XE's 4 round console buttons make me nauseous!One is PEPTO BISMUL- pink colour,pretty weird, but thats what i think when i see it,and remind me also of those SWEET AND SOUR TARTS candies,that i hate.They could have picked more solid colours instead of those sick pastel colours.I think a console should look agressive,not pretty.

Edited by Rik

Hey DRAC,i read yopur mind!How about the first sega console.The Atari XE's 4 round console buttons make be nauseous!One is PEPTO BISMUL- pink colour,pretty weird, but thats what i think when i see it.They could have picked more solid colours instead of those sick pastel colours.I think a console should look agressive,not pretty.

Man, what were they thinking.

Anthony...

For me, it definitely has to be the original-model Sega Master System. Ugh, what an ugly piece of $#@%, looks like a friggin brick next to my other game systems, no styling, very boxy, hell, even the front-loader NES looks better than this. Yuck, man.