IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 33: Crystal Castles

Ze_ro

I'm pretty sure this is every crystal on the board totalling 2711 points, though I didn't go counting them all. ;) Since I played on a real console it was tough to get a perfect snapshot. I did it a few times and this was the best I was able to come up with.

Before last crystal:

Inbetween level 1 and 2:

I'm pretty sure this is every crystal on the board totalling 2711 points, though I didn't go counting them all. ;) Since I played on a real console it was tough to get a perfect snapshot. I did it a few times and this was the best I was able to come up with.

:-o :-o :-o

I guess I stand corrected! Very impressive!

:-o :-o :-o

I guess I stand corrected! Very impressive!

Thanks, I wish I was better at the harder levels though! :lol:

Here is my high score so far:

I knew i didn't get all the crystals.. :D

Great Job! :thumbsup:

I finally got past that first tower level with the ghost, and nearly doubled my score

Ok, I got 2,711... man that's hard. I lost 2 lives in the process this time.

post-17553-1209178258_thumb.png

Nice job! Do you think 2711 is the max? I'm still not sure if any of the ones that start under the ball enemies get eaten.

Ok, first off, I kept banging my head against the wall because I couldn't break my 70K score from earlier. In fact, I was lucky if I could get past 60K. Then I noticed I had the difficulty switch still set to 'A' from last week's game. Once I flipped to 'B' my scores got amazingly better. I wonder why... :roll:

So, now I'm in the same boat as the others, who can't get past the X-shaped castle with the trees. I had 5 or 6 bears in reserve, but lost them all on this castle. All other games ended the same way. :x

Ok, here are some tips:

1. If you are on a top level, waiting for an elevator, but there's an enemy waiting to kill you at the bottom, hold the joystick down and jump right before you get off the elevator. You'll jump straight up, but once the elevator stops, your jump will continue in the direction you're holding the joystick. I found this tip out in a move of desperation.

2. Here's how to get that last gem in the tower that's being guarded by the ghost. First, clear the board of all gems except for the two towers. Make sure you leave the hat...you'll need it. Once you've done that, go to the right tower and get that gem (nobody is guarding that one.) Now, hop on the elevator and ride down. Once you reach the bottom, make a dash for the hat and get on the left elevator (if you time it right, you should end up on it right as it appears.) Ride it up and get the gem while you're still invincible. This one might take a little practice to get the timing right, but it can be done.

3. I try to start off each level by getting the honey first. This seems to hold off the bees for a while. Then I go after gem eaters. I'll save the witch for last, since she isn't really much of a threat and she doesn't eat gems.

One final note...while the screen can only show 6 lives in reserve, the game keeps track of extra lives beyond 6. I had 8 lives in reserve at one point, but only saw 6 bears. Just FYI.

This is a great port. I'm loving this week! :)

post-9712-1209248565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deteacher

I've been able to get all the gems on level 1 a few times too. I'll try to nab a screenshot today. Maybe the challenge needs to be altered a little. How about this: Highest score after the first witch level. I've managed to crack 21K after the 1st witch. Again, I'll have to post some screenshots later today.

48, 601...

Not that I'm very good but my tips would be to pretty much play it like the arcade.

Stay away from the trees, jump over them to make 'em shrink up and avoid them.

Take the time to eat the Gem Eaters and get them as quick as you can before they eat everything up, they are worth alot of points. One thing I noticed about the Gem Eaters, once they get on a trail of Gems they will eat 2-4 before getting lost again, so grab 'em when the do!

Grab the honey quickly, it slows the bee's down (I think) and is worth points.

Always snag the witch with the hat, although there is no big hurry since she is mostly harmless.

A good way to get gems is to step on one and then hit a diagonal direction. You will usually (not always) be lined up pretty well to snag a line of gems.

post-3211-1209423586_thumb.png