IGNORED

My Astroids Christmas Hack

GameboyReviewer

Hello everyone I completed a great Christmas hack of the true classic, in this version you play as Santa in outer space, I modded the ship to somewhat look like santa.

The astroids themselves have been changed to a Present, Candy cane, Gingerbread men, Gum Drops, and the UFO, what kind of christmas would it be with out a ufo, lol. Tell me what you think?

Xmas_game.bin.bin

• 2 weeks later...

I am home with the kids today because my wife is sick with the flu. I thought I would make myself a version of this game since there is not a holiday cartridge. I change the smiling face to martian kids.

Santa is brought to Mars, where he gives (shoots) the presents to Martian kids. The the martian kids turn (get shot) into presents for Earth kids. Watch out for the evil adult Martians in UFOs. I never saw the movie, so I worked from what I quickly read on the internet.

post-5185-1230664626_thumb.jpg

Here is my adjustments. The sleigh is hard to make. Maybe it is just because it is past Christmas, but it just does not have a Christmas feel to me. Maybe a title screen would help, but adding one is way beyond my abilities.

Anyone ever see Santa Claus Conquers the Martians?

Xmas_game6.bin

Edited by Atari Dogs

Yeah I saw it a while ago and I own the MST3K episode on dvd, dude I wish I had a copy of this.

Here is my adjustments. The sleigh is hard to make. Maybe it is just because it is past Christmas, but it just does not have a Christmas feel to me. Maybe a title screen would help, but adding one is way beyond my abilities.

Yeah I saw it a while ago and I own the MST3K episode on dvd, dude I wish I had a copy of this.

I can make a small run of these cartridge if you want. Just need to order the more boards from AA.

• 3 weeks later...
Dumb question. Is there a BIN to A78 converter? I wanted to try the game out on the pro system emulator (as we are playing asteroids in the 7800 HSC right now) but do not see an open .bin option on ProSystem : (

This is a hack of the 2600 version of Asteroids.

Yes, I know.

• 10 months later...

Somehow I missed this hack last year. Maybe because it's not in the 2600 section. But I like it!

Atari Dogs -- The changes you made are very nice and I especially like that title. I've gotta see that movie now!

Wickeycolumbus -- What ever happened to your Space Invaders Christmas hack?

Hello everyone I completed a great Christmas hack of the true classic, in this version you play as Santa in outer space, I modded the ship to somewhat look like santa.

The astroids themselves have been changed to a Present, Candy cane, Gingerbread men, Gum Drops, and the UFO, what kind of christmas would it be with out a ufo, lol. Tell me what you think?

Very cool Hack GBR!

Merry Christmas!

GideonsDad

Not much :( Here is what I had (not much, I was still working on disassembling the code), I'm doubtful it will ever get worked on again.

Cool colors Wickey! Gives it a very arctic feel! Maybe I will work on the invaders if you don't mind.

GideonsDad

Not much :( Here is what I had (not much, I was still working on disassembling the code), I'm doubtful it will ever get worked on again.

Cool colors Wickey! Gives it a very arctic feel! Maybe I will work on the invaders if you don't mind.

GideonsDad

No problem, go right ahead :)

Edit: attached is a fixed version. You'll notice that the version in my last post has messed up graphics. I can give you the source too if you'd like.

invaders.bin

Edited by Wickeycolumbus