IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Got a beautiful Sears unit in today:

Serial # 98611R, made in Sunnyvale, CA.

There's no indication of a channel selector on it.

I know someone in Edmond who does not post (one of her co workers lurks the forums, though) here but also owns a Sears HS. I will try to get her to either post it here or at leas get the serial number.

What's with the picture of the light sixer at the beginning of the thread?

Thanks for posting, for some reason I can't edit the list again though, does anyone know if there's any forum maintenance going on?

Shadow: I just put that picture there so people could tell the difference between a light and heavy.

I PM'd Al and he said he was going to work on a way to let individuals edit individual posts. Just going to have to wait and hope he finds a way. Feel free to keep posting though, I'm sure we'll eventually gain control of the list again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Atari 2600 in today. Been waiting 25 years to own one of these. I was so jealous of the kids who had them when I was 7... ha! I got a light sixer in the same auction, but I'm only keeping the Heavy Sixer. It's in far better shape anyway. Little bit of wiping with a damp cloth and it looks brand new. I have to admit I like the look of the Heavy Sixer over a lot of the other video game systems later. It just has this classy sort of look to it.

Anyway, my Heavy Sixer is an Atari unit CX-2600 with Atari paddles and joysticks, built in Sunnyvale, CA. No channel selector on it.

Type: Heavy Sixer

Model: Atari CX-2600

Channel Selector: No

Serial #: 68331K

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my Atari 2600 in today. Been waiting 25 years to own one of these. I was so jealous of the kids who had them when I was 7... ha! I got a light sixer in the same auction, but I'm only keeping the Heavy Sixer. It's in far better shape anyway. Little bit of wiping with a damp cloth and it looks brand new. I have to admit I like the look of the Heavy Sixer over a lot of the other video game systems later. It just has this classy sort of look to it.

Anyway, my Heavy Sixer is an Atari unit CX-2600 with Atari paddles and joysticks, built in Sunnyvale, CA. No channel selector on it.

Type: Heavy Sixer

Model: Atari CX-2600

Channel Selector: No

Serial #: 68331K

Heya. Just an update. The above machine does have a channel selector hole and switch. I noticed it the other day. Don't know why I missed it originally.

I'm located in Wisconsin but the unit was purchased on ebay along with a light sixer from someone in Colorado.

Edited by Lendorien

Got another Heavy Sixer Serial # for this thread. This might not be the oldest but it is BRAND NEW! Yeah baby! eBay sometimes has great stuff! Yes the box was opened but nothing inside has ever been used! I think the guy who sold this to me must have been only the second person to open it. I'd say the first person opened it to see what was inside and put it away. I have never had a heavy that is brand new. I know some will say " How do you know?" Everything inside had the fat twist ties used on the heavies that had never been removed. If you have ever opened a new system you know what I am talking about. My new baby. Sad thing is I am afraid to even plug it in. The electronics have never had electricity run through it. No. I won't do it. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got another Heavy Sixer Serial # for this thread. This might not be the oldest but it is BRAND NEW! Yeah baby! eBay sometimes has great stuff! Yes the box was opened but nothing inside has ever been used! I think the guy who sold this to me must have been only the second person to open it. I'd say the first person opened it to see what was inside and put it away. I have never had a heavy that is brand new. I know some will say " How do you know?" Everything inside had the fat twist ties used on the heavies that had never been removed. If you have ever opened a new system you know what I am talking about. My new baby. Sad thing is I am afraid to even plug it in. The electronics have never had electricity run through it. No. I won't do it. :D

Do you have pics? Please share!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All. Just joined this forum, and figured I'd post up my Heavy Sixer Serials:

1. Heavy Sixer-Sunnyvale - No Channel Select Switch, No Cutout for it. Serial Sticker over top of another. (This one is in nice shape)

Serial #007605

2. Heavy Sixer-Sunnyvale - No Channel Select Switch, but, it does have the cutout and the "Channel Select A-B" imprint. (This one is a bit rougher, but should clean up)

Serial #91898N

post-22976-1237985189_thumb.jpg

post-22976-1237985198_thumb.jpg

Do you have pics? Please share!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=141179&hl=