IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)

kheller2

Because I'm curious, I decided to gather all my 1200XL parts and take a look at the serial numbers in a strange attempt to figure out the quantity made. If you got a 1200XL, how about posting the serial?

Both USA made:

83S DA 020878 073

83S DA 78443 138

Graham

I believe that last unit ends in 133 not 138. Unless, Atari made a mini run in 1988 :cool:

There. I've finally seen this thread and remembered to post my serial number while at home where I can look at the serial number :)

(I kept remembering at work)

72R DA 23429 243

I need to finish the keyboard repair this weekend. Did the tuneup and all but 7 through break work great. 7 through break just don't work at all.

As we can't edit posts anymore, my update is 83S DA 037913 183 now has 32-in-1 Apewarp + and PAL ANTIC (well I found one in the bottom of my tool box so I thought what the hell :D )

Still got the RAM upgrade to do, but that will have to wait until I al less tired

KHeller, perhaps you can tell me where the other 99.99 % of the 1200's made are (assuming that atari made betw. 100-130 thou. units)....I would'nt mind getting my digits on one myself (obviously PAL mod'd with UK psu)

1) The closets, attics & junk colections of the American public.

2) Unfortunately, the landfills...

3) Bob1200XL's basement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

post-14708-1237823396_thumb.jpg

Well, they're not all in the basement. I keep a couple under my workbench in case I need one quick...

Bob

KHeller, perhaps you can tell me where the other 99.99 % of the 1200's made are (assuming that atari made betw. 100-130 thou. units)....I would'nt mind getting my digits on one myself (obviously PAL mod'd with UK psu)

3) Bob1200XL's basement.

• Like 1

Well, they're not all in the basement. I keep a couple under my workbench in case I need one quick...

Bob

3) Bob1200XL's basement.

What's that on the side of the 4th one from the right? (I'm always curious what mods other folks have done to their 1200xl's.)

It's a CF card on the PBI. That one and the 512K SRAM machine next to it are my main systems. Most of the rest are hacks of one kind or another. (or, were hacks of one kind or another)

Bob

Bob

3) Bob1200XL's basement.

What's that on the side of the 4th one from the right? (I'm always curious what mods other folks have done to their 1200xl's.)