IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

does anybody know how to enable label view in Eclipse?

Yes me ;) But you will have to wait for the next update since the parser for MADS is not complete yet.

I'll release a first version (will work but not be complete, see screen shot) as soon as it is stable, but now that my vacation is over I first have to fight all my e-mails at work...

post-17404-1248184951_thumb.png

PS: Line 656 in mads. pas V1.8.8 reads

// version

{118} chr(ord('m') + $80),'a','d','s',' ','1','.','8','.','5',chr($80),'

... that's why

unfortunately, Mac OS X 10.4 is not supported by the assemblers ... even if I recomplie the atasm, AND delete the XASM, I get error messages from the XASM (how can this happen???).

Hi,

First, please make sure you have configured the problems view correctly to show/filter the right messages. By default Eclipse shows only errors, but all errors of the whole project. This is nonsense for ASM files as you will see errors from other files. See my post on "Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:51 PM" for the details and screeen shots.

Second, please add the output of the "Console" tab.

2009-07-26 IDE update 1.3.2 released

Welcome to the "M&M" release featuring support for Mac OS X and MADS content outline You can use the menu entry "Help/Software updates/Available Software" to update from version 1.2.0 to 1.3.2. Note you have to uninstall version 1.2.0 explicitly before installing version 1.3.2 this time because of the restructuring of the packages and extended preferences settings. After the installation the have to set some of the preferences again, since there are more options available now and some options have moved.

Please visit www.wudsn.com for all details on the features and fixes. Thanks to everybody who contributed to make this version run, especially Spookt and Tebe.

And if you want to know why this is 1.3.2 and not 1.3.0. Well, it took the past 3 hours to ensure that the following now work as it should under all circumstances in the "real" environment :)

post-17404-1248572910_thumb.png

2009-07-26 IDE update 1.3.2 released

Welcome to the "M&M" release featuring support for Mac OS X and MADS content outline You can use the menu entry "Help/Software updates/Available Software" to update from version 1.2.0 to 1.3.2. Note you have to uninstall version 1.2.0 explicitly before installing version 1.3.2 this time because of the restructuring of the packages and extended preferences settings. After the installation the have to set some of the preferences again, since there are more options available now and some options have moved.

Please visit www.wudsn.com for all details on the features and fixes. Thanks to everybody who contributed to make this version run, especially Spookt and Tebe.

And if you want to know why this is 1.3.2 and not 1.3.0. Well, it took the past 3 hours to ensure that the following now work as it should under all circumstances in the "real" environment :)

post-17404-1248572910_thumb.png

Very cool. It never occurred to me to run OS X under VMware. Did you have to do anything special to run it? Since the current Macs are Intel based I guess it just works?

tjb

Got to echo the above: I've been using WUDSN exclusively since the middle of June and it seems like a lot longer because I've got so much work done in under six weeks. Compiling LW this afternoon and missing a label, the editor took me right to the offending assembly error with a red cross next to it. Even the odd remaining quirk or niggle can't detract from this being just about the ultimate development tool for the A8. I haven't even delved into half of WUDSN's more advanced features yet, nor installed the latest build on my Hackintosh with the new Atari800MacX version. Can't wait to do both!

THANK YOU!

Edited by flashjazzcat

Hi everybody,

I'm really happy to see that you folks like what I did - and that it works after all.

I never thought I'd be the very last Atari fan who uses a Windows PC instead of a Mac ;-)

Regarding Mac OS X in vmware: Don't do it if you have another chance.

I found a torrent on the net which runs from scratch in the trial version of vmware.

But it is so damn slow that you have to wait 30s to 2 min after every click.

It's been sufficient to test and try - but debuggig was not possible.

Instead I edited the source on the host OS,compiled and uploaded it to the web site

and then installed it from there....

Opposed to that, Unbuntu Linux runs with 100% speed in vmware. That was cool.

I never thought I'd be the very last Atari fan who uses a Windows PC instead of a Mac ;-)

The Mac environment is very nice indeed. My only problem is a dodgy video driver which crashes Atari800MacX in full-screen mode (I still don't know what full-screen mode is like). But WUDSN on Leopard really is like a dream come true for writing stuff for the A8...

Peter, how can I sort the labels in alphabetic order in the Outline window? is there any way?

No yet, but I like the idead. I'll include it in the next update. The idea would be to keep the sequence of the definition/implementation sections and sort only within them by type (label or equate/macro/proc/....) and then name.

Hi

Well I've been using this at home on my Mac and its been great. I use Eclipse at work so I thought I'd stick WUDSN on so I could tinker in my spare minutes but I'm having a slight problem. I can't seen any output from ATASM in the console window. All I see is a line saying "Compiler ATASM output:' Has anyone else seen this?

I can't seen any output from ATASM in the console window. All I see is a line saying "Compiler ATASM output:' Has anyone else seen this?

Can you PM the screenshot from the preferences? I remember I had such an effect when I had selected the wrong binary once. In addition you can check the Eclipse log in "<workspace>/.metadata/.log". Maybe there is an Eclipse exception logged (in case you have a different version than I have used to build it).

Cheers, Peter.

I can't seen any output from ATASM in the console window. All I see is a line saying "Compiler ATASM output:' Has anyone else seen this?

Can you PM the screenshot from the preferences? I remember I had such an effect when I had selected the wrong binary once. In addition you can check the Eclipse log in "<workspace>/.metadata/.log". Maybe there is an Eclipse exception logged (in case you have a different version than I have used to build it).

Cheers, Peter.

OK Peter I'll send that on tomorrow. It could well be a different version of Eclipse.

ok. now I am working for quite a time with the new version 1.3.2...

one another thing... how can I compile via key stroke? at the moment I need to click on the atari icon to compile & launch but I would prefer a key?

possible?

Well in Mac OS press SHIFT+COMMAND+0 (that's zero). *Really* handy when I'm fixing bugs in my code (of which there are many :( )

Peter, how can I sort the labels in alphabetic order in the Outline window? is there any way?

I've uploaded version 1.3.3 which includes the sort toggle button now. The button state is not preseved yet but for working with few files that should not disturb. Please check the sort order if it fits your expectation (top level is unsorted, labels and equals are treated as the same category).

post-17404-1249235720_thumb.png

Note: The version is rather untested but I wanted to release the feature for testing (i.e. for Heaven ;-) )

Edited by peter.dell

Peter...much better... :) thanks...

only thing... not sure if it should not work globally like when using Notepad++?

in Beyond Evil I have tons of procedures and in Notepad++ I am skipping through the code with the picklist of the labels...

what does the rest think?

btw. Stephen... update works on my side?