IGNORED

"Revenge of the Jedi" FOUND!

Rareusgold

I can not figure out why Pitfall is only half on the screen. I tried many times and could not get it to line up correctly. Activision is at the top of the screen. I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but it happened every time I put it in and it is the only cart that does that. I am baffeled. It almost looks like there is no bottom half of the screen. Strange. Maybe it is just my 2600.

post-24209-1249956020_thumb.jpg

Its probably because you are using a modern TV. How does a regular pitfall cart behave? Could be PAL.

About the Centepede/Sord Quest cart, does it just not physically fit in the system? looks like the PCB may be out of alignment because the chips are socketed.

Looks like the Star Wars cart is actually Jedi Arena, which is 4K makes sense now :)

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

I have one video gaming magazine that refers to it as "Revenge of the Jedi".

There is also these!

Yes, but Game I became Ewok Adventure:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=16253

and Game II became Death Star Battle:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=7928

Your cart, however, contains Jedi Arena, which is an interesting twist.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I have one video gaming magazine that refers to it as "Revenge of the Jedi".

There is also these!

Yes, but Game I became Ewok Adventure:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=16253

and Game II became Death Star Battle:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=7928

Your cart, however, contains Jedi Arena, which is an interesting twist.

8)

Someone should just ask Rex Bradford (the programmer). He should know the story. Someone here has his contact info.

Tempest

Its probably because you are using a modern TV. How does a regular pitfall cart behave? Could be PAL.

About the Centepede/Sord Quest cart, does it just not physically fit in the system? looks like the PCB may be out of alignment because the chips are socketed.

Looks like the Star Wars cart is actually Jedi Arena, which is 4K makes sense now :)

Yes, It is Jedi Arena. There are some differences on the prototype. I wonder why someone called it "Revenge of the Jedi" the hand writting on all the games look very similar. They probably came from the same person. I did not play very long, but there were some sound differences right off the bat. As to Pitfall. If it were a PAL game wouldn't the picture jump? The picture is totally still. Just off alighnment. I will try my standard Pitfall tonight. BUT, I will then have to play for an hour or so. I really love Pitfall. And do not get me started about Pitfall II. I would get stuck playing that for two hours! I am sure it will work fine. That is a strange thing. Racer is actually a pretty cool game. The two player mode is pretty interesting also. It is like turbo. Except not really! I do not know if I want to open them. I have not really decided to sell or not and I do not want to break anything if I am not going to be the ultimate owner. I do not even like to put the carts in the system. LOL. I am still baffeled as to why all these different companies games were in a group of Roklan carts. Who knows maybe the one I can not get in is "Riplie's Believe it or NOT!"

That one that I can not get in Centepede/Sord Quest. It just will not go into the slot as it does not have the slider with the two tabs to open the protective cover over the slot to plug in the cart into the system. Also this particular label is over the screw hole. I do not want to rip it and open the case. I may just try and jam something into the two slots and wedge the protective piece of plastic open on the system so that I can just plug in the cart. I would rather screw up my system than the game!

Oh, Can anyone sell me one of those Racer games that someone on here made. I would love to add one of those limited editions with the boxes to my collection. I would pay whatever is fair.

Thank you,

Rich

That one that I can not get in Centepede/Sord Quest. It just will not go into the slot as it does not have the slider with the two tabs to open the protective cover over the slot to plug in the cart into the system. Also this particular label is over the screw hole. I do not want to rip it and open the case. I may just try and jam something into the two slots and wedge the protective piece of plastic open on the system so that I can just plug in the cart. I would rather screw up my system than the game!

Do you have an Atari 2600 Jr. ? If so, it should be able to fit with no problem ;)

They were found at a small Flea Market in the area of Farmington Hills, MI. That is as much as I am going to say about the location and particulars of the find. I was up there on Businss for the weekend and I had a free morning so I thought I would take a spin around town and do some "Hunting". Good thing I did. I had gotten to the sellers stuff first. The selling had a bunch of atari, coleco, and NES games and systems. While I was pulling out the Protos. Some smuck. I hope he is not on this site. Tried to man handle me and grab at the carts I was looking at. I usually do not do well when this happends! First is First. You should wait untill the person is finished buying the things he wants. That is just my feelings on that. I had already had most of the ones that were protos plus the cart in the pictured below! He grabbed all of the Pac Man's, Soccer, Break out, War Loards, ect. He said and I quote, "I do not even want those games with the CRAPPY LABELES! I only want the GOOD GAMES!" So, I let him have them and I took the "Crappy Games." If he was grabbing at the protos there would have been a serious situation. Thanks goodness for idiots! Sorry, if you are on this board. But, If you are you. First you are an ASS. Second, You are just about to find out you missed a find of a lifetime and you probably would have just left them any way, even if you had gotton there before me!

I also got a complete Colecovision with 25 games, sports controllers, and a nice intellivision II system plus a couple of 2600 Joy Sticks. Oh, and I had gone back and found the Pitfall Prototype after I was done with the rest of the Flea Market. I guess I should have looked a little better!

post-24209-1250010946_thumb.jpg

They were found at a small Flea Market in the area of Farmington Hills, MI.

Well, I just shit my pants. :-o :-o :-o :-o

I'm in Livonia

That wasn't you tring to grab those "GOOD GAMES" was it? I am not too familiar with the area. I assume you are not far from there.

No it was not me :) I am however, about 10 minutes from Farmington Hills.

I gave up on the thrifts/garage sales/flea markets in the area, I never find anything.