IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

I just updated and it worked fine. Google translates the German as "The requested page cannot be displayed" Did you check the URL for the WUDSN package?

Heaven - yeah gotta love OS X :) BTW - OT I know but how well does OS X run on your NC10? Might be tempted to pick one up.

runs good... 2 things do not work, wifi and manual dimming of screen. but i bought yesterday a cheap hama usb wifi stick mini which does come with a mac driver so wifi is not an issue and the dimming, well... the energy options will do the rest but manual is not possible...so in battery mode you can not make the screen brighter... do not know how it works on an mac book anyway... ;)

but my samsung nc10 has 2gb ram... but less and less I am switching into xp mode and that xp sp3 looks so old and clumpsy... since my wifi is fixed now and when I am travelling i am using umts vodafone umts stick which works in os x and xp mode... my nc10 is my perfect companion.

and Peter made my XP obsolete as now I can develope stuff for a8 in MADS on it... so no XP anymore (except when using G2f or RMT).

to answer your question... OS X runs much smoother, is nicer and boots faster and switches off faster etc then the XP SP3 installation.

XP runs longer in battery mode maybe because it can make usage of the Atom energy options but OS X runs approx 1 hour less... (on the nc10 standard battery 5-6 hours XP and 4-5 hours OS X). But I have bought an additional 7800 battery for 75 EUR and now XP runs 10 hours and OS X around 8 hours... that's kicking ass... ;)

Hi there,

After getting used to Eclipse and SWT I have started to include the features I've always been missing - (and never wanted to implement in C under Windows :-) ).

The new addon is a GFX viewer with extensible converters to view (maybe later also modify/save) GFX (from GFX or pure binary dumps). So if you have special wishes I'd be happy to hear from you!

.. but please don't request me to port G2F, that's not my intention - it's aiming at viewing and conversion to/from Atari, C64... to allow using the powerful editors that already exist.

post-17404-1249738852_thumb.pngpost-17404-1249738858_thumb.png

Hi Peter,

cool....

let me thank you for WUDSN... it works really like a harm and as Gridrunner is growing and produces more and more errors I even get used to the now "jump to error" feature and best... are the small previews in eclipse with the red dots next to the error line where Eclipse showing the error message fitting to the error in a small text box... cool, cool...

(me discovering modern IDEs... ;) good when I am jumping more into Xcode... ;))

News Flash - News Flash - News Flash

Hi there,

After quite an investment into the source parser, the following features are about to get completed:

- full support for all types of folding and section blocks (#IF/#WHEN/REPT/PROC/MACRO/LOCAL/PAGES), especially for all MADS lovers

- dedicated icons for all section blocks

- recursive parsing of source includes with drill down in the content outline

- stable outline expanding, so the nodes you have expanded/collapsed will remain in this state

- automatic expanding of the first two level when a new file is opened

Here is an animated GIF of all that, click on it to get an impression.

post-17404-1250261833_thumb.png

So stay tuned for the forthcoming update. I would really appreciate to get some really large sample files to test and optimize the performance of the new parse. So please then them to me as personal message, I'll really appreciate that.

Beside these visble things there are invisible ones.

The most important is that compiler specific coding is down to 20 lines, the rest is not done in XML definition, so adding new compilers is easy now

final class MadsCompilerSourceParser extends CompilerSourceParser {

@Override
   protected void parseLine(int startOffset, String symbol,
    String instruction, String operand, String comment) {

if (symbol.length() > 0) {

if (instruction.equals("=") || instruction.equals("EQU")) {
	createEquateDefinitionChild(startOffset, symbol, operand,
		comment);

} else {
	createLabelDefintionChild(startOffset, symbol, comment);
    }

} // Symbol not empty

if (instruction.equals("ORG")) {
    beginImplementationSection(startOffset, operand, comment);
}
   }
}

Just compiled The Last Word and noticed (after a compile error using ATASM) that there was no output in the console window. There's no output after a successful compile either. Makes bug hunting that much more difficult! :ponder: It seemed to work OK before; unsure what's happened. I restarted Eclipse and there's still nothing in the console window after a successful assembly. Having to use terminal to assemble the file and get the console output that way... :(

Hi Heaven and Flashjazzcat,

I tried both things and they work fine (but my WUDSN version is quire different to what you have meanwhile...). Both issues might be due to an exception thrown somewhere without notice. That's one of the drawbacks of Eclipse/SWT. If something fails, the user get's no notification and (if you are lucky) it end's up on the log. You can find the log in "..\<workspace>\.metadata\.log". Please send me the content of the file via PM, so I can investigate.

Regards, Peter.

Well, that's the one problem I didn't expect :-)

Here's a scree shot of the folder hierarchy. Note that the folder and the file start with a dot, so the are hidden under Unix/MacOSX by default. I don't know how the Finder works, but in the shell you can display them with "ls -al".

post-17404-1250500856_thumb.png

just installed Freepascal and the integration into Xcode and again it works perfect... it has been more than 15 years since I last wrote my Hello World in Pascal... I guess it was 1989/90 when I was taking a course in Highschool... ;) so actually nearly 20 years... ;) The good old DOS Borland TurboPascal blue/yellow editor...;)

Now I am trying to compile Mads...

There's no output after a successful compile either.

There is one more thing that might have happened to you. There are different consoles you can select to be displayed in the "Console" view using it's toobar. If you choose something else than "Compiler Console" you will not see the Compiler output. In this case you should just close the (other) consoles. In the working version I have added code which always brings the Compiler console to front.

post-17404-1250702157_thumb.png

There is one more thing that might have happened to you. There are different consoles you can select to be displayed in the "Console" view using it's toobar. If you choose something else than "Compiler Console" you will not see the Compiler output. In this case you should just close the (other) consoles. In the working version I have added code which always brings the Compiler console to front.

post-17404-1250702157_thumb.png

This is precisely what had happened. Thanks! :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone get ATASM to save to an ATR disk image in WUDSN? I've been fiddling about with it for an hour and it just wipes out the existing ATR file in the source directory then reports (via the console) that it can't open the file. Using the command line directly it works no problem.

Can anyone get ATASM to save to an ATR disk image in WUDSN? I've been fiddling about with it for an hour and it just wipes out the existing ATR file in the source directory then reports (via the console) that it can't open the file. Using the command line directly it works no problem.

Hi, WUDSN 1.3.3 deletes the output file by default to ensure the compiler will not fail to create a new file. Otherwise ATASM fails for example if you have the file open in the emulator and are in the debugger. I didn't think about the option to modify and ATR. I'll change that to just check for the check to modify.

JAC!

Hi, WUDSN 1.3.3 deletes the output file by default to ensure the compiler will not fail to create a new file. Otherwise ATASM fails for example if you have the file open in the emulator and are in the debugger. I didn't think about the option to modify and ATR. I'll change that to just check for the check to modify.

Thanks. It would just make life a little easier when testing with SpartaDOS X, since I could compile straight to an ATR then hook it up as drive B in the emulator.

• 2 weeks later...

My summer vacation is about to end and so finally there is some progress with the new WUDSN IDE features. There was a lot of "meta-coding" to be done to put myself in a position to create an interactive application like the graphics converter. I plan to release the ASM updates together with an alpha version of the GFX plugin this weekend. You can read the details on www.wudsn.com.

post-17404-125262352266_thumb.png