IGNORED

A new game-Miss It (High score list in post #1)

accousticguitar

I like this game, too. I just wish there were more ways to score other than just "stayin' alive." Some kind of bonus arrangement would be neat.

As Yuppicide pointed out, there are certain safespots where you can just sit and accumulate points until another move is required. What if you scored double-points for staying in motion? Or what if certain hotspots appeared that you'd get bonus points for running over?

Nice work accousticguitar. Very simple, addicting and ultimately fun. Very Atari 2600.

Thanks. :)

I like this game, too. I just wish there were more ways to score other than just "stayin' alive." Some kind of bonus arrangement would be neat.

As Yuppicide pointed out, there are certain safespots where you can just sit and accumulate points until another move is required. What if you scored double-points for staying in motion? Or what if certain hotspots appeared that you'd get bonus points for running over?

Those are all good ideas, but I'm not exactly a programmer. Besides that I'm really busy this summer. The .bas file is in post #1 if anyone would like to try hacking those ideas in. :)

(I really like the idea of double points for staying in motion. I wonder how hard that would be to do.)

• 2 weeks later...

Great game, I remember a very similar game made in javascript and was very popular couple years ago: Red Square. The other is Square 2 where red blocks are the enemy and black blocks can be catch to obtain points.

Maybe can be taking these ideas plus to have a more accurate score by timing because when the are several squares and they are fast and every millisecond counts :)

Finally It's a good job, It moves smoothly and it's addictive as mentioned.

Edited by devwebcl

• 3 weeks later...

104 :cool:

oops, I deduced the same strategy that yuppicide mentioned above, but better it's to see if any block robounds on the first score's zero number of the left then always is going to the right top corner... there you don't need to learn the score when the next block is going to you :)

post-3009-125143419789_thumb.png

Edited by devwebcl

• 2 weeks later...

post-3832-1246831275_thumb.png

post-3832-1246834764_thumb.png

accousticguitar,

I think it would be awesome to release this as a cartridge, the design above is simple yet really good. I have been playing this game for the last I don't 20 minutes, and my thought was wouldn't be awesome to have this game on a real cartridge!!!!

Amazing game!!! I hate to admit it but I wish I could think of a game that was this cool!!!! Its so simple yet so complex!!!

I took the image from the above post and made an atari label for it. I like the more original looking labels personally:

94779044-main.jpg

94779044-top.jpg

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

I think it would be awesome to release this as a cartridge, the design above is simple yet really good. I have been playing this game for the last I don't 20 minutes, and my thought was wouldn't be awesome to have this game on a real cartridge!!!!

Yes, that would be awesome. I've been working on a title screen for it. It's the multisprite kernel, so it won't be too fancy.

Yes, that would be awesome. I've been working on a title screen for it. It's the multisprite kernel, so it won't be too fancy.

Hey.

There is nothing wrong with simple!!! The easier something is, the less there is to break!!! Good example the Atari is what 24 ~ 32 years old depending on when the console was built, and you can have them stored in attics and just horrible conditions and 9 times out of 10, you can air can the machine to get it work perfectly. Simple. Now look at the Microsoft Xbox 360 . . . which has a 54% failure rate . . . its not a simple machine and it blows itself up.

Simple is looking pretty good to me :cool:.

Can't wait to see the title screen!!! I have to admit I can't seem to get over 63 on your game however :x. My first attempt I got 8! Not sure I should be boasting that . . . .

-Disjaukifa

There is nothing wrong with simple!!!

Agreed. I like simple. :)

I have to admit I can't seem to get over 63 on your game however.

It gets challenging once there are 5 moving objects on the screen, but they still keep coming until there are 8 moving objects thanks to the multisprite kernel.

There is nothing wrong with simple!!!

Agreed. I like simple. :)

I have to admit I can't seem to get over 63 on your game however.

It gets challenging once there are 5 moving objects on the screen, but they still keep coming until there are 8 moving objects thanks to the multisprite kernel.

Hey,

I think I could do better if I was playing it with an actual Atari Joystick, I am just using the arrow keys on my keyboard through Stella and its just not the same.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa