ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

@atariksi - Why do people say "holy cow" is that in relation to the sacredness of the Cow in the Hindu faith? I.E. the mother bearing milk aka spiritual sustenance?

There's two reasons I see for cow being holy-- one is that its products (incense, milk, curd, etc.) are used for holy (religious) purposes. And two (related to reincarnation), the animal is in the higher species bound to being born as a human having exhausted/atoned for the sins through the various species. So a pure animal in goodness.

I guess they use it as an expression of surprise that a cow is holy or even it's stool is holy given all other stools are smelly and useless. Hey, it even makes sense to say "Holy smokes!" given the incense gives off smoke and used for holy purposes.

That is one of the greatest movies to ever grace the big screen! I loved EVERYTHING about it, from beginning to end and can only hope that the rumors are not true and that the sequel hasn't been canned.

I saw that when I lived down in Florida, and amongst the 14 people who showed up to see the movie, I was the only one laughing my ass off.

When I first looked at this thread, I thought, cool, but for others, not me, becuase I mod my own machines and already have a RAMBO XL576 (256K rambo I modded). And I want to do upgrades from scratch myself, that's half the fun for me! But then I started mulling it over, and decided that I think I would like the 320XL for my 600XL, becuase then I could have a high-memory computer up and running when my other expanded 8-bits are down for mods and/or repairs. So I've voted for the 320XL full version in the poll (if I'm buying it, it might as well be complete). I'll buy one of those.

Good news everyone, the PCBs arrived yesteraday and look great :) I'll add some photos tomorrow. Durning weekend I'll calculate the final price, and then I can start to ship the cards to their new owners :)

Edited by ctirad

Good news everyone, the PCBs arrived yesteraday and look great icon_smile.gif I'll add some photos tomorrow. Durning weekend I'll calculate the final price, and then I can start to ship the cards to their new owners icon_smile.gif

Would it be possible to see a list of new owners? I don't quite remember whether I just voted or ordered.

Good news everyone, the PCBs arrived yesteraday and look great icon_smile.gif I'll add some photos tomorrow. Durning weekend I'll calculate the final price, and then I can start to ship the cards to their new owners icon_smile.gif

Would it be possible to see a list of new owners? I don't quite remember whether I just voted or ordered.

Did someone hijack your paypal account or stole your credit card?

Don't worry, there were not any preorders or such, I started the poll just for informational puproses. The real orders can start right now.

The final prices (without shipping) are:

RAM 320XL bare (no enclosure) 25€

RAM 320XL standard 30€

Power pigtal (for either version) +3€

The power pigtail is for the 800XL users, who do not want to open ther atari and solder the power wire ono PBI connector. It plugs in joystick port.

Please send me PM with the type and quantity you want.

Thank you, I presume this soldering the the PBI connector is trivial for someone with basic soldering skills?

Yes. Look at the picture. The other side of the wire can be connected elsewhere of course. The good place is the capacitor near the power connector, because one does not need to remove the main shielding.

post-21370-127698194568_thumb.jpg

Edited by ctirad