IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Another thing I noticed on the unit is a sticker on the inside by the RF plug, I'm not certain if it's a Date stamp or not, I took a photo, but I do see where it says '7734'.

5440234943_d9355c7660.jpg

Does that mean 34th week of 1977? (Late August)

I think that's the presumption. That's the date the RF was made, so the console must have been assembled sometime after that date.

BTW, you indicated that there is no channel-select switch, but is the hole for it present?

I took a further look inside and the motherboards IC's say 7748 and 7751 on them, and the switch panel says 1977 Rev 5, so it may be a mutt or a repair - maybe the double sticker units are refurbs or something..

Is there another number next to the 1977 Rev 5, something that starts with "CO"? One thing I'm not clear on is whether there is a single H6er board that was revised several times, as indicated by the Rev. #, or whether the revision # is a revision of a specific board, as indicated by another serial number on the board, which is perhaps the one that begins with "CO". In other words, do we have one general H6er board with multiple revisions of that single board, or are there multiple boards, each with multiple revisions?

Anyway, I don't believe these units are refurb units. Refurbs have a silver sticker placed over the original sticker. It's possible that these consoles are units that failed assembly testing in some way and were repaired inside the factory before being released, but I'd have to have more evidence before I'd be willing to accept that hypothesis. If we could get everybody who owns one of these units to open them up and look for this sort information, we could probably figure out where these units fit in the H6er timeline. If all these units contain components with similar date codes/revision #'s then it's more likely that these units were produced in a single batch over a discrete range of dates. If we discovered a mishmash of date codes, all differing substantially, then it would point to these units representing something like assembly line failures that occurred over the entire course of H6er production and that were refurbished at the factory before they made it into the wild.

One other thing I've noticed is that the S/N sticker on two-sticker units is slightly different than the one on suffixed units. On the suffixed units, "pursuant" is the last word of the fourth line. On two-sticker units, "pursuant" is hyphenated and spans lines 4 and 5. Some Taiwan H6er's also have the hyphenated sticker.

I took some more photos of the Unit.

It is indeed a Heavy Sixer.

5443457314_d6dc3584ed.jpg

I don't think I see a Channel Select hole, but it's been a while since I saw a Light Sixer, so I'm not sure where it was to be honest.

5442855107_de3e89909d.jpg

The switchboard has the same Part/Revision number as Duhh001's.

5442797575_4a6d903e77.jpg

The main IC's on the Motherboard say 7744, 7748 and 7751. Now, I'm not sure if these are all the originals as I tried to fix this thing with chips from a Light 6 Sears Telegames. There may be a Capacitor or two out of place as I attempted replacing a few cracked ceramic caps with no luck.

5443402368_3cb1dbd9d0_z.jpg

This information Kinda makes me feel it was built around Dec 77/Jan 78.

• 2 weeks later...

After only owning a Sears four-switch and light sixer my whole Atari-playing life, I finally decided to use a little of my tax refund to buy a genuine heavy sixer! Just got it today! It is in very nice, clean shape with heavy sixer style joysticks, paddles (with Atari logo--they work great, no jiggling!), and grey power supply.

It is serial number 69986H, if you guys are still updating the registry. There is no channel switch cut-out on bottom. Is there significance in terms of value or rarity to having it there and not?

post-2105-129884711197_thumb.jpg

post-2105-129884715839_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, i am new to the forum and are very happy to say that i just bought (what i think is a heavy sixer). But i want you experts to shed a little light... I bought it in the original box with everything in it. It has rounded front corners and the serial number is: 40874F. But it also has a recondition stamp on it and where it says model no. It says sc-450 but 450 has a pen stripe thru it and there is written cx2600 behind it in pen.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Finally got a Pal Heavy Six.

Cherry Leisure sticker/power supply etc although the box doesn't have a chess piece on it. (see pal heavy sixer thread)

Picture and serial below.

PalHeavySix.jpg

SerialNumber.jpg

Also noticed another has turned up on ebay as of today(04/07/2011), serial 76188.

Amazing considering i've to wait over a year to even see one.

Heavy Sixer with no Channel Switch or Hole.

SN 028902

Believe it's a 2 Sticker?

Yes! And thanks for posting it. Every two-sticker unit posted here brings us one step closer to figuring out where the two-sticker units fit in the H6er timeline.

Glad to help!

out of curiosity, what is the current theory on the 2 sticker units?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

I contacted Wester and asked about the upkeep of the heavy 6-switch list and he designated me to continue the list. I am currently in the process of updating this thread to THIS DATE. I only have 4 more pages left.

Here is whats going to happen: Once the list is updated I will post a link here to a new thread to get peoples opinions of the OFFICIAL format of record keeping. Then I will start an entirely new thread with my updated MS Excel spreadsheet with the new format.

I hope you will enjoy the new and organized format once I get it started :)

I also PM'ed Al about me being the designated person keeping track of the Heavy 6-switch model #'s and he hasn't contacted me back yet...but Wester gave me the go ahead to continue the list.

Have you figured out if your console was a Heavy 6-switch?

Any pics?

Hello, i am new to the forum and are very happy to say that i just bought (what i think is a heavy sixer). But i want you experts to shed a little light... I bought it in the original box with everything in it. It has rounded front corners and the serial number is: 40874F. But it also has a recondition stamp on it and where it says model no. It says sc-450 but 450 has a pen stripe thru it and there is written cx2600 behind it in pen.

Any ideas?

As of this post I am all caught up with adding everyone's consoles to my MS Excel spread sheet...I haven't sorted the model #'s tho just appended at the bottom of post #2. Still gotta figure out a concrete way of adding the data and what is relevant.

This post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/185431-atari-lists/

I am starting a discussion on what data is NEEDED.

EDIT: From now on the updating process info will be available in the above link. Check it out! Thanks!!!

Once a concrete data set has been determined in the above link, I will start a NEW thread of the new and improved Heavy 6-switch list.

Edited by Mark T