IGNORED

The CompuMate List

Amstari

Hi Everyone,

Yet another list of serial numbers! This time it is for the Spectravideo CompuMate.

Please let me know the serial number of your CompuMate and if you have the box and/or manual, and any other interesting information you might like to share.

Hope to hear from all you lucky CompuMate owners soon.

Cheers,
Steve

#BC0100001795 (No box or manual - PAL) - phreak97

#BC0100004197 (CIB - NTSC) - lapetino
#BC0100005328 (No box or manual - PAL) - stephena
#BC0100013372 (CIB - PAL - Quelle Universum) - Compuzap
#BC0100014517 (CIB) - atarinut76
#BC0100014522 (CIB - NTSC) - high voltage
#BC0100014531 - Compumater
#BC0100014546 (CIB) - atarinut76

#BC0100014709 (CIB) - toymailman

#BC0100014722 (CIB - keyboard not working) - Gorfy
#BC0100014763 (CIB - NTSC) - imstarryeyed
#BC0100016019 (CIB - PAL - Quelle Universum) - ianoid
#BC0100016431 (CIB - PAL - Quelle Universum) - Compuzap
#BC0100017397 (CIB - PAL - Quelle Universum) - Mister VCS
#BC0100023802 (PAL - Quelle Universum) - Rolo
#BC0100024604 (Universum) - atarinut76

#BC0100024700 (NIB) - toymailman

#BC0100025390 (CIB - PAL - Universum Heimcomputer) - high voltage
#BC0100025418 (Unboxed - Universum - not working) - high voltage
#BC0100027313 (CIB - NTSC) - Ze_ro
#BC0100027372 (CIB - NTSC) - Rolenta
#BC0100027404 (CIB - NTSC) - save2600
#BC0100027418 (CIB - NTSC) - bennybingo

#BC0100028381 (faulty) - drozdevi

#BC0100028434 (CIB - NTSC) - Mitch
#BC0100028443 (CIB - NTSC) - nofrills100
# ____________ (CIB - NTSC) - KevinMos3

Edited by Amstari

I have permission from G.J.Percy to convert some of his CompuMate Basic programs to MP3 and put them on my website.

I'm still working on the CompuMate section of the website so I'm making them available here. The programs listings are here: BASIC Atari 2600 & CompuMate.txt

Here is the programs converted to MP3s. To load them connect the "Ear" socket on your CompuMate to the audio output of your computer or MP3 player and load it as you would load program from a tape.

Number Guess: Number Guess.mp3

Square Root: Square Root.mp3

Quest-A: Quest-A.mp3

(I think I got some of the formatting wrong in Quest-A but it is still playable).

• Like 1

I have permission from G.J.Percy to convert some of his CompuMate Basic programs to MP3 and put them on my website.

I'm still working on the CompuMate section of the website so I'm making them available here. The programs listings are here: BASIC Atari 2600 & CompuMate.txt

Here is the programs converted to MP3s. To load them connect the "Ear" socket on your CompuMate to the audio output of your computer or MP3 player and load it as you would load program from a tape.

Number Guess: Number Guess.mp3

Square Root: Square Root.mp3

Quest-A: Quest-A.mp3

(I think I got some of the formatting wrong in Quest-A but it is still playable).

Thanks for doing this, Amstari :!: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just wished my Compumate hadn't broken down. I was actually going to copy Percy's Quest-A program the day it died!

Should I list my serial no. even though it's broken?

Thanks for doing this, Amstari :!: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just wished my Compumate hadn't broken down. I was actually going to copy Percy's Quest-A program the day it died!

Should I list my serial no. even though it's broken?

You can still list your serial number. I don't know how much longer mine is going to work for. I have to unplug it and plug it back in several times before it will work. It might just need a good clean.

If people list their broken CompuMates we might be able to combine some broken ones to create working ones. For example, if someone has one with a broken keyboard but working cart, we might be able repair it with one with a working keyboard but broken cart.

My serial no. is: BC0100014722 . I have the box, manual, original cord for hooking up with a tape recorder, warranty card, and a small Spectravideo catalogue. I purchased it last year from Venezuela for about $100.00.

I like your idea about repairing Compumates, but don't know if there would be any interest in it out there. A little while back I wrote a post asking if anyone had any experience repairing the Compumate, but nobody responded :(

BC0100027418 - In the box, complete (insides are still plastic wrapped)

Very impressive! Do you ever use it or keep it in the plastic?

I own the German "Quelle CompuMate" No. BC0100017397

Cool! Is the keyboard different on the German version?

Are there two different versions of CompuMate, one for NTSC and one for PAL consoles?

I think there was only ever a PAL version, but other than a different color palette I think it would work the same on a NTSC console.

As a test here is some photos of the screen from my CompuMate on a PAL console. Can someone please compare this to it on an NTSC console.

post-27767-130007467054_thumb.jpg post-27767-130007470691_thumb.jpg

Are there two different versions of CompuMate, one for NTSC and one for PAL consoles?

I think there was only ever a PAL version, but other than a different color palette I think it would work the same on a NTSC console.

As a test here is some photos of the screen from my CompuMate on a PAL console. Can someone please compare this to it on an NTSC console.

It looks like what I saw on my NTSC console. I just assumed the Compumate itself is NTSC.

I've got a boxed Spectra and a boxed Universum

Spectra is NTSC BC0100028443

Universum is PAL BC0100016019

And I've got the Picturemate cassette for the Compumate cassette deck add-on. (but I don't have the cassette deck unfortunately)

post-23929-130017956087_thumb.jpg

Edited by nofrills100

On Bennybingo's and my boxed compumates, both have a 'passed QC N' sticker on the front of them - they are both NTSC. I believe all the Compumates coming out of Venezuela are NTSC. I wonder which is the rarer of the two PAL or NTSC?

And I've got the Picturemate cassette for the Compumate cassette deck add-on. (but I don't have the cassette deck unfortunately)

Cool! Do you know if it is an actual program or a cassette with images to load into the CompuMate graphics program?

On Bennybingo's and my boxed compumates, both have a 'passed QC N' sticker on the front of them - they are both NTSC. I believe all the Compumates coming out of Venezuela are NTSC. I wonder which is the rarer of the two PAL or NTSC?

Thanks for the info. I just found a "Passed QC P" on the bottom of my keyboard. I thought they were all PAL, it's been hard to find much information about the CompuMate.

Cool! Do you know if it is an actual program or a cassette with images to load into the CompuMate graphics program?

not exactly sure how it works.

if you look hard enough you can read some of the instructions on the back of the box on the pics at atarimania:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-picturemate_21006.html

I haven't got mine handy to look myself - but i will get a pic one of these days, of the instruction manual.

BC0100027418 - In the box, complete (insides are still plastic wrapped)

Very impressive! Do you ever use it or keep it in the plastic?

I haven't taken it out of the plastic, but I think it might be time to try it icon_mrgreen.gif. The box / plastic isn't sealed, so no harm in trying it! I'll let you all know how it goes.

This is the best I can do for the instructions for the mo:

pictureat14.jpg

I'm trying to buy one of those, but they show up like once a year.

I wish someone would make/sell some copies, but nobody comes forward to do some copying. If I get an original I'd share it straight away.

Edited by high voltage

Only three of those tapes, exactly my argument, one should provide a dump on AtariMania for safekeeping and others to use.

How would you / what would be needed - to dump one of these?

I think this may be the main reason it hasn't been dumped.

Could one simply use a tape deck to make a copy?