IGNORED

High Score Club 9.07 - Frostbite

Ze_ro

1.stay towards the middle of the screen as much as possible. Try to stay about 1 1/2-2 ice blocks away from the edges

I don't know about that suggestion. On the first jump run down, yeah, but after that I found that working the sides is generally more to your favor based on enemy and fish movement. I only really use the middle if it's totally clear or for the intial run before anything really appears.

that works fine until the enemies start to move really fast (around 100,000). You'll get tons of cheap hits if you stay to close to the edges.

Edited by Frostbite76

that works fine until the enemies start to move really fast (around 100,000). You'll get tons of cheap hits if you stay to close to the edges.

I've actually found the opposite. On my last score posted up there, this only happened to me a single time. I jumped on a corner, and a bird appeared. The life losses were due to cocky playing on my part. The angles are awesome, got to work them. Working the middle too much, I just don't like it. Anyway, I've got the hang of this pretty dang good now.

One thing I noticed, anyone else please feel free to verify, but I have like a Frostbite aftereffect after playing. Like, my mind wants to move objects at oblique angles. I was reading a book and my mind wanted to wander about the page. I found myself entering this weird Frostbite zone where I played without really looking at anything other than Bailey, taking note of the enemies out of the corner of my eyes only and working the angles like a beast. I think this new disease should be called Frostbite Dementia.

"FROSTBITE BAILEYS 2011 ADVENTURE TALE"

Hey kids it's Frostbite Bailey eh!,

This wacky story begins with Mr. Bailey from Canada, needing a new igloo, because his old one was all stinky, and melting... but himself being no Architect, he needed to throw caution to the wind and look around for a used but "very neat", little Igloo. He gathered his fish and clothes over his shoulder, and then began the hunt for the next location he can call home, a nice spot with an ideal Igloo to settle into!

While walking around, heading southwest... Bailey is a pretty bored, cold and lonely man. He makes up songs as he walks, **barbeque sauce! sticky, licky, make me fingers taste not icky..** **fishes swimming in the stream, looking delicious for a meal, yummy jumpy fishes are a dream** sh&t like that...so, off he goes walking some plenty miles, and he will walk plenty more! **To be a man who walks 5,000 miles for a perfect Igloo! DA DIDI DUM DUM DA DA...**

After passing on a few broke down or taken Igloos, At last! Nearing the Alaskan border is a perfect Igloo! Sturdy and well frozen...

it even has a fire pit area out front, he looks inside the Igloo and yes, clean and also empty! No signs of huskies, sleds tracks, or funky b.o., so it must be vacant! Ahhh, here I will stay says Bailey...He takes off his hat, opens his clothes bag, and grabs some tools, using them to cut a hole in the ice, "time for some ice fishing!", echoes slightly, as he yells.

Baileys fishing was a success, he got plenty of green colored fishes from the lake to eat! So he starts a hardy fire and starts to eat, during the end of a great fish dinner, then, out of nowhere...off in the distance woods is a sound of a gun shot, Bailey tries to ignore it, maybe it was a tree falling he says in denial to himself... POW, off another one goes! It must not be very close he thinks, I coulda sworn no one lived around here! Hmmm... he's curiosity is too much after a while, so he puts out the fire, and walks off to investigate.

13 unlucky miles or so, Bailey sees a home in the distance! Oh! So these people must be hunters, I wonder if they like company... lonely bored and curious Bailey persists... walking closer to the house, a nasal woman's voice, suddenly makes Bailey jump up!

"HOLD IT, THERE SIR!!", this woman yells.

"JEEZUS!!" Bailey shouts almost falling over. Bailey hesitantly speaks to her backwards, "Uh miss, I don't mean harm, I am new to this area..." The lady says, "alright trespasser, I can tell your shook up enuff, turn around and hands up please!" Bailey doesn't argue turns around and looks at her...he sees a middle age, smiling brunette woman with a bun hairdo and glasses, wearing mom jeans and a tight itchy looking sweater, over her shoulder is a dead animal... hmmm, a SEXY woman!, he's thinking'. It's been a while Bailey seen a woman, well, 2 years since his bad breakup from the foxy but crazy (Bi-polar) Betty Bare. Hello and what's your name, she asks...while putting her gun down. Frostbite Bailey, he announces. Hello!!!! she yells, I am Sarah, Sarah Palin... she smiles wider and says randomly "I can see Canada from my backyard!" Ugh that's weak Bailey thinks of her joke. Yet it's probably true he realizes, then quickly does a sassy fake laugh to keep with the flow. "Well sir, I am married but I must say, you are a Cutie!" she states. Nervous and pleased by hearing that Bailey does an unthinkable reply back... "Thanks Sarah!, and YOU got nice red lips, I also likes, uhhhh the way your sweater fits! yurr "stiffy nippy's" are sticking out! Wooo headlights!" Oops, Holy crap Bailey! did you just say ALL that out loud??! she looks un effected and says back, "Oh boy you are rude... you must not talk to a lady in that manner and expect a good reaction" "Sorry, but I was um, kidding" , Bailey says, confused. Sarah fires back, "yeah sure swine, I believe you *winks*" Bailey jokes again, Hmmm..."I'm a Canadian lover eh?" "I bet I taste like Canadian bacon!" They both start to laugh... and little did either expect, but they start to become good friends.

Bailey comes by while Mr. Palin is at work, not letting on to Sarah, but pretending all his free time is in the morning and afternoons... which is also Sarah's free time, and ALONE time. ;) *WINK!* I'll be president of the United States one day... she claims, during shared lunch with Bailey at Seafood Zilla...Oh yeah? I live in solitude I don't follow much politics at all, Bailey says honestly. "Are you Democrap, or Repubic-can" he jokes. ahaha..., She says, "Republican, I am", he jokes again "oh then I'll be a Democrats go to man!" "She says, you democratic bully you!" he answers back again, "You repu-bic-hairy-can"... Both find humor in useless jokes now... Bailey is starting to adore this Sarah, and in return she is very fond of him!

A few weeks later, Sarah comes up with a new idea to spead time with Bailey, telling her husband she's busy doing political "THINGS!" she then meets Bailey for coffee, "hey have you ever heard of Spikes Peak?","Nope!" Bailey quickly replied. Well, Sarah declares, "It's a mountain which is very torturous to climb!", "I done it once before, but would be great to include you on my next attempt" "Only if you lead Sarah!..." Bailey said, scared at first but actually liking the idea... Sarah then reacts, "Oh, I know my way around that mountain, just keep an eye out for eagles and bears". So both gather Sarah's trusty climbing gear and set off up the mountain, two days later and many surprise attacks from eagles and a Bi-polar bear, they finally both reach the very top... they scream and place their flags down into the snow. One is a Canadian flag of a red leaf, and the other is the American stars and stripes...they embrace a hug... and then the desire for each other really becomes known... it starts with a friendly congrads kiss. then leads to some touchie feelie... ending with both rolling around in the snow. Then they made love... and F*CKED. Sarah said to Bailey afterwards, that he gave her multiples! A few minutes later, Sarah says more seriously to Bailey, that maybe it would have been better to have been just friends, as she suddenly had a vision of herself, as president...answering questions if she had sexual relations with that man. Bailey jumps in, "Just give them the politician answer, Nope!"

"I knew I liked you", Sarah laughs.

THEE END`!

PS, Bailey joined the Mountain High Club, for major Activision patch credit! :P

The story sorta wrote itself... with my fingers tapping the keys. :D

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Funny story, JacobZu7zu7, on the risque side.

"I did not have sexual relations with that man,...Mr. Bailey..."--Sarah Palin

Thanks Miss! Nice quote there :D

I will get back to read the second half of yours, as last night it was about 4am, when I was trying to read it.

I was struggling for an idea to my story...

but Palin, Spikes Peak and some other zingers entered my head. So I went

for more risque and jokes.

I gotten to read most of the stories so far... a nice thing to do, while scores come in.

Nice bonus idea from Zero. :thumbsup:

Nice Frost! I hope to break 200K before it's done. Found a nice little trick, check this shit. When the polar bear appears, there is a way you can avoid him to save yourself. Not sure if you'd consider this is a glitch or messing with game mechanics. I found it by accident. Check it.

Whenever you're jumping around, the bear of course is usually moving somewhat relative to you. Well, once, I jumped up on an ice block and landed all the way on the left to get out of the way. I was like feck there's the bear because he was already all the way on that side. Funny thing? The bear WON'T TOUCH YOU if you hit the far left of the screen ON A JUMP. Do that, and it will just sit there. You can use that to gain some time and then hit the ice again.

Nice Frost! I hope to break 200K before it's done. Found a nice little trick, check this shit. When the polar bear appears, there is a way you can avoid him to save yourself. Not sure if you'd consider this is a glitch or messing with game mechanics. I found it by accident. Check it.

Whenever you're jumping around, the bear of course is usually moving somewhat relative to you. Well, once, I jumped up on an ice block and landed all the way on the left to get out of the way. I was like feck there's the bear because he was already all the way on that side. Funny thing? The bear WON'T TOUCH YOU if you hit the far left of the screen ON A JUMP. Do that, and it will just sit there. You can use that to gain some time and then hit the ice again.

It's not a glitch. If I remember correctly, this safe spot is mentioned somewhere in the manual. I'm glad you mentioned that it can only be reached on a jump. A couple times I tried to run over to the left and got bumped off by the bear

It's not a glitch. If I remember correctly, this safe spot is mentioned somewhere in the manual. I'm glad you mentioned that it can only be reached on a jump. A couple times I tried to run over to the left and got bumped off by the bear

I just read through it, and you are correct. Cartwright mentions it near the end of the manual when he gives you tips. It seems strange though, I almost assume it's a bug they couldn't get out and said screw it. One thing I want to know is if the fish you get at higher point levels does anything. It's referred to as 'magic' in the manual. Anyone notice if it does anything to scoring or something?

No, it is just a safe spot. Time still elapses though so you can't sit there forever.

I meant the fish you get when you get a high score. It's referred to in the manual as magic. I was wondering if it increases points or anything like that.

Thanks Stan. Once you get to about 220,000 the game gets so fast you'll have no time to react or think. Just jump and hope for the best is my strategy after 220,000.

That Bear strategy I don't use often because I'm never near the edge. It's a very weird trick.

Edited by Frostbite76